9 BAD Injuries

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: 9 BAD Injuries

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:Let me float something out there people.

How many Dome based teams have won Premierships since we did in 2000? Nil.

How many Dome based teams have made GF's since us in 2001? Nil.

Which teams have been most affected by injury the last 4 to 5 years? Essendon, StKilda, and Western Bulldogs. All Dome based teams. (ok, maybe I am leaving out Melbourne).

Why do our mid-fielders become crocks and washed up by the time they reach their late 20's? Mercuri, Misiti, JJ. I reckon North are going to run into the same problems now they are playing an extra 25% of their games at the Dome.

IMO, you just cant play our game on a concrete surface.
Like Benny, i'm not sold one way or the other as to this hypothesis. The ground has now improved significantly from where it was 4-5 years ago (when it undoubtedly did have a negative effect on how players pulled up after the game) and the hydroponic lighting system they're trialling this year to keep the grass growing through winter will hopefully improve the ground further.

I'll only ever be swung one way or the other when they start providing penetrometer readings on all the grounds. My guess is that at this stage of the season, Subiaco would be by far and away the firmest ground in the league due to the fact that a Perth summer would have to be extremely punishing on any exposed surface.