Gumbleton Injured AGAIN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: Gumbleton Injured AGAIN

Post by Madden »

sconsey wrote:Man, this is Farkquinn rediculous!!!
I laughed at this. Excellent work.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

How can both Gumby and Davey sustain quite serious injuries in a "routine training drill"??
Is this just incredible bad luck or is there something wrong with our "routine" training drills? :(
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

If players are routinely injured during training drills, I'd call that a routine drill, too, given our current situation
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Malky wrote:If players are routinely injured during training drills, I'd call that a routine drill, too, given our current situation
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hang on

:( :( :(
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Nice work guys. Only way to deal with it is to laugh untill we cry.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I simply cant believe that supposed "elite" athletes can injury themselves with such apparent ease and regularity. It is ridiculous in the extreme. Are they doing basic warm up exercises ?
One has to ask the question !!!

I retook up doing karate in my 40's and even this old girl who is carrying too many lbs doesnt get injured despite doing what I would call quite strenuous exercise. There appears to be no hamstring, knee or calf strength in Bomber legs at all. I dont get how when train you can possibly be getting the injuries our blokes are getting.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I am becoming cocerned about the fragility of some of our players. Gumbleton and Dempsey are as brittle as salada buscuits and they have spent more time horizontal than vertical in the past 18 months. Do we just simply have some absolutely injury prone indivuals on our list that will forever be a burden?
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:I am becoming cocerned about the fragility of some of our players. Gumbleton and Dempsey are as brittle as salada buscuits and they have spent more time horizontal than vertical in the past 18 months. Do we just simply have some absolutely injury prone indivuals on our list that will forever be a burden?
Might also have something to do with the previous coach having ridiculously easy training drills the past 4 years. Alot of circle work, very little competitive work. You play as you train, hence why we have been soft the last 4 years.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I never got anywhere near brown even when I did it as a younger person. However I did originally do a pretty full on style - Kyokushin. Gave it up many years ago as it just seemed to get a bit too hard and a lot of black belt politics dominating the dojo. I retook it up - a different style though - to try and keep a bit fit and I enjoy the whole martial arts thing. It must have something to do with growing up with watching David Carradine on Kung Fu and Bruce Lee movies. I'm in sabbatical now due to hubby's heart operation.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber