No Reward for Effort

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Re: No Reward for Effort

Post by Malky »

I thought they stamped that out a long time ago due to ALL the captains having a whinge at each break.

Still, even if it is allowed, I'm sure the morons at the AFL will conjure up some charge!
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

http://news.realfooty.com.au/afl-set-to ... -2av1.html
AFL set to fine Bombers over umpire chat
The AFL is set to fine Essendon after captain Matthew Lloyd approached the umpires at quarter-time in Sunday night's match against Port Adelaide at Telstra Dome.

As Port smashed Essendon in the first term, Bombers fans became furious with some decisions.

While the free kick count was close, Essendon coach Matthew Knights told Lloyd to ask the umpires about their interpretation of the holding the ball rule.

This followed a strong tackle on Adam Thomson that was not paid as a free kick to the Bombers.

Instead, play continued and Power captain Warren Tredrea kicked a goal soon after.

"I thought it was an excellent tackle - and I thought there was prior opportunity," Knights said.

"I spoke to Matthew, just to go and ask on a clarification, but the umpires sent Matthew away, obviously it had to be after the quarter-time break for that to happen.

"I'm going to have to speak to (umpires boss) Jeff Gieschen, from my perspective ... there doesn't seem to be a holding the ball rule anymore or prior opportunity, it just seems to be that part of the game, you make tackles and even if there is prior opportunity, it's just a restart, a bounce.

"We've just got to adjust to that as a team, we haven't really adjusted to that rule very well."

Four years ago, the AFL changed their rules so no player or official could even enter the centre square at the quarter-time and three quarter-time breaks, let alone approach the umpires.

"I would have assumed it was one of those innocent mistakes, if it was a scenario," Knights said.

"Matthew was going over to speak very rationally and just ask the question on a clarification."
Nicholl's performance, especially in the first quarter, was one of the worst since Mclaren Gate.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I bet they still dont drop the useless cnt next week.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Those maggots and the AFL are a protected species.

In most business and industry criticism and customer feedback govern the quality of any given product.
Not this one though.

The customer that’s us the supporter will constantly get ripped of at the gate doing what we love.

The AFL has a monopoly over the whole country when it comes to football and due to this are performing accordingly. THEY DO NOT CARE.

The AFL’s lack of accountability is disgraceful.
It just fell out of the sky
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

auditor wrote:Those maggots and the AFL are a protected species.

In most business and industry criticism and customer feedback govern the quality of any given product.
Not this one though.

The customer that’s us the supporter will constantly get ripped of at the gate doing what we love.

The AFL has a monopoly over the whole country when it comes to football and due to this are performing accordingly. THEY DO NOT CARE.

The AFL’s lack of accountability is disgraceful.
Well it's the club that is the customer, not the supporters. The supporters always think their club is ripped off by umpiring. But when the club feels that way (as Knights and the players did yesterday), then they should be listened to. That Nicholls was afarking disgrace. In all my years I have never vented that much abuse at one umpire. His performance is totally unacceptable.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:That non payment of holding the ball, that lead to a Feral goal, even the ******* players stopped!!

I have seen such abuse hurled at a maggot in all my watching days....never.

Hey Auditor .....your avatar isn't Mosely is it, the British Union of Fascists Leader of the 30's?
More pertinent was the fact that the Port players stopped and expected the free kick to be paid. F****** disgusting non decision that one (and many others).
Essendunny
LND
Top Up Player

Post by LND »

Worst performance by a group of umpires i have seen.

My cousin was at the game (power supporter unfortunately) even she said we got screwed.

The 3 of them should be sacked, and Jeff "I accepted SHIT as a coach and now as the umpires director" Gieshen needs to go.

Why they employ one of the worst coaches ever to be in charge of the umpires just shows how shit Anderson and Fat guts are
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Filthy

It's actually Enoch Powell
It just fell out of the sky
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I hope umpire #23, the c_nt that looks like Pee Wee herman dies with his head up his arse and his cock in his ears. You weak c_unt!!! He is the same guy who gave 50m against MJ for calling a player a weak dog.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!