Stamp NLM's passport

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Stamp NLM's passport

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:Come off it Jimmy, Lloyd is the skipper, he's the focal point of everything going forward. Who really gives a f*** about NLM?
Well, you've obviously got some laundry that you'd like to air about Lloyd, seeing as you brought him up in a thread totally unrelated to him. There's been plenty enough said about Lloyd already in other threads. Suffice to say that i obviously give a f*** about NLM because he's one of our middle-aged players who's position on the list needs to be examined - our captain is clearly not in that position.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

NLM gave us poise and grunt in defense tonight. This is his role.

It's what he does next week that matters.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:Normally a very average player - but was excellent v Adel tonight - credit where its due.
I agree Tony...I thought NLM played quite a solid game, especially in the first half.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
fatbomber
Top Up Player

Post by fatbomber »

I played at the same club as Nat Rat in Western Victoria and he was hardly ever at trainning and I was very surprised that he got picked for the Michael Long scholoship. very flambouyant when he played and looked like he could do whatever he wanted, but he seems lazy when he was on the track and not at all committed. These things I am sure that do not make great footballers. At the moment he looks like he is donig everything he can, tring to play to the team rules, but he just dosen't have a good footy brain under pressure.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Robbie!!!!!!

Is it time yet?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

nomolos wrote:Robbie!!!!!!

Is it time yet?
He was OK tonight
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Average again. Would drop him for Lovett/Winderlich/Houli whoever next week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Thought he was good again tonight. Atkinson will have to make way for one of those guys next week Rob.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:Thought he was good again tonight. Atkinson will have to make way for one of those guys next week Rob.
Spot on as usual BD
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I didn't think he was great and I didn't think he was bad either. Houli and Lovett to return next week, Winderlich is still 3 or so weeks away they were saying, I would think that NLM survives the chop with Atkinson and Jetta the first two to go down. Jetta needs to go to the 2nds find some form, kick some goals, get some easy touches and come back to the side with some confidence.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

It's all one way traffic with NLM. When we are going well, he looks ok. When we are not, he's ******* awful. He's like a poor man's Blake Carracella.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Thought he was good again tonight. Atkinson will have to make way for one of those guys next week Rob.
You're kidding? His disposal was poor and his opponents continually took easy marks, I can recall Hunter took two easy ones (as well as some soft free kicks).
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
You're kidding? His disposal was poor and his opponents continually took easy marks, I can recall Hunter took two easy ones (as well as some soft free kicks).
If you open your other eye Rosso, you might have also seen the good run he provided and the linking work from half back - not to mention the goal he stole when he drifted forward. f*** me some people just love bashing blokes no matter what they do. Even I can admit when someone like Monfries or Laycock plays well.

Those free kicks were ******* hilarious. If they were serious, Lloyd and Lucas would be paid half a dozen free kicks a game for the exact same infringements. And Hunter did take a couple of good contested marks from my memory. If it wasn't for the frees, I don't Hunter would have scored any goals.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
If you open your other eye Rosso, you might have also seen the good run he provided and the linking work from half back - not to mention the goal he stole when he drifted forward. f*** me some people just love bashing blokes no matter what they do. Even I can admit when someone like Monfries or Laycock plays well.

Those free kicks were ******* hilarious. If they were serious, Lloyd and Lucas would be paid half a dozen free kicks a game for the exact same infringements. And Hunter did take a couple of good contested marks from my memory. If it wasn't for the frees, I don't Hunter would have scored any goals.
Yes he provided great run, too bad he couldnt hit a target with it. He had an awful night, way down on his past two matches.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
GoalSneak
Top Up Player

Post by GoalSneak »

He's a natural forward, not a defender. Play him on a half-forward flank and he'll do ok.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Not sure how many goals were kicked on him today, I reckon it was 6.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Wasn't alone there - I reckon Henry got absolutely toweled-up today and had just as many kicked on him.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

NLM and Lamecock the pair of them..........................pack your bags
It just fell out of the sky
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

*Nomolos looks at his watch*
Sirvass36
Top Up Player

Post by Sirvass36 »

I cant believe people are comparing NLM and Lamecock. NLM is a great footballer - very under-rated IMO. Can play tall or small, good in the air, can and does run the lines and has played on and beaten some pretty handy forwards over the last few years. Lamecock is a joke, unfit, and for a man of his size a real light-weight. I really hope we trade Lamecock...