Pev Must Not Play Again

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Pev Must Not Play Again

Post by BenDoolan »

Another good game by Pev. Deserves another game next week. Whatever youse think of him, he does give this club great service.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:Another good game by Pev. Deserves another game next week. Whatever youse think of him, he does give this club great service.
Fully agree...also, if he keeps performing like he has, he is a chance for next year...though I still think he is up against it in that regard...
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

We need his hardness
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Pev was bloody good tonight. He made a few mistakes but his hardness at the contest guarantees him another game next week.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The thing about Pev is that he might make two mistakes in a game, but they are so crucial and are punished immediately with a goal that everyone remembers it.

Was very good last night. Glad he got a game before Dyson, shows that Knights is willing to play the kids, provided they are decent enough and reward some of his faith.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Bump.

Moron.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ill give him another, but to be used in this way. Play the second half of the year when the kids start getting a bit tired.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Rossoneri wrote:Ill give him another, but to be used in this way. Play the second half of the year when the kids start getting a bit tired.
Or injured. :evil:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

More G & D from this bloke again today =D> .
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:More G & D from this bloke again today =D> .
Yes, again he was solid! Looked a little dodgy when he was dragged deep in defence a few times underneath a high ball coming in, but i wasn't going to hold him responsible for that - we all know, and surely Knights would know, that Pev being dragged deep in defence is not good. Apart from those moments deep in defence, he was very good again.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I would pick him before Rama. Rama is really struggling at the moment.

Pev, since he has been brought back into the team has given us some hardness at the contests that we lose when Watson or Welsh go off the ground.

Next year, play like we have done this year. In the 2's for half the year, but plays the second half of the year when some of the kids get tired.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

We already have 4 delistings at the end of the year IMO: Johns, JJ, Michael and Lee. Do we need any more?

I'd give him another year. Pretty handy depth player.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:We already have 4 delistings at the end of the year IMO: Johns, JJ, Michael and Lee. Do we need any more?

I'd give him another year. Pretty handy depth player.
May persist with Lee, solely based on age.

But we will need at least 4 delistings if we want to promote Atkinson to the senior list.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I really liked Pev's game today. His hardness and spoils were fantastic. Def worth retaining him for next year.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

yay Pevs! I was really pleased to see him in the thick of it today.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Definitely gives it his all when he is on the field, as he always has. Probably helps that with more quick and good-skilled players in the team, his deficiencies are hidden, whereas last year they stood out.
jimmyc1985 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:More G & D from this bloke again today =D> .
Yes, again he was solid! Looked a little dodgy when he was dragged deep in defence a few times underneath a high ball coming in, but i wasn't going to hold him responsible for that - we all know, and surely Knights would know, that Pev being dragged deep in defence is not good. Apart from those moments deep in defence, he was very good again.
I agree, and fortunately, Swan missed the two shots he got from Pev's bad defending! vingertje

And I agree with Rosso that he should probably keep his place in the team ahead of Rama and may be worth keeping going into next year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Retaining Pev for next year could be a smart move esp if we were to lose Jobe or Lonegan at any stage. He is the classic in and under player and Saturday showed how some constant game time can even improve the old guys. Cannot recall any glaring errors and made a sound contribution.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:Retaining Pev for next year could be a smart move esp if we were to lose Jobe or Lonegan at any stage. He is the classic in and under player and Saturday showed how some constant game time can even improve the old guys. Cannot recall any glaring errors and made a sound contribution.
His kicking efficiency is up at a staggering 84%. That's up there with the best in the comp. Particularly when the AFL average is only 65%. He gets assassinated over one or two bad clangers. He is the ultimate scapegoat.
Essendunny
Sirvass36
Top Up Player

Post by Sirvass36 »

Great to have someone with his experience that can come off the bench and perform a variety of roles. He might have lost a yard or 2 and never really was lightning quick but is tough and spirited and I reckon that counts for a lot. so what if he has the odd clanger or 2? - he not the only one....
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Has definitely done enough over the last few weeks to retain his spot next year. Has made big Ray eat his words.

In terms of commitment, you always know what you're going to get with Pev.