Pev Retires

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: Pev Retires

Post by andrewb »

If I were at Carlton I'd think about picking him up. He'd add a little steel around the youngsters and give them the tagger that they don't have.

That said, Carazzo and Pev kicking to each other would be quite amusing.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

andrewb wrote:http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/peve ... -3zqx.html

Ah well... Had to make the call I suppose and he is nearly 30. Great career, sad way to go. Would have given him another year myself.
still speculation by channel 9 isn't it? nothing on the club website, nothing on afl.com.au
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Club has said nothing, the real footy article is quoting channel 9.

I'm still holding out hope.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I personally think it's all over. Which is disappointing. I also think it was a disgrace that Hutchy labelled him a "list clogger" or associated him with the term. That is a ******* insult, and so far from the ******* truth. Pev provided a great service for our club. List cloggers are the the Andrew Lee's of our club who sit on the ******* list injured the entire time. Piss poor effort Hutchy - but no surprises there.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

wELL DONE pEV. oops...

he has a career to play for now; I expect 6 brownlow votes from him in the last two games!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Shame he has to go but as hard and tough as he is, I feel like his position in the team is preventing the development of another young player. I love Pev for his hardness and all and I would like him to stay, but we are looking towards the next couple of years and the development of a super midfield and I personally don't see Pev as part of that future. Knights is obviously got his chance to implement his plans and the ominous sign is that the older players, (apart from Lloyd, Lucas and Fletch) are going. New era has begun and as hard as it is to let go, it has to be done for the benefit of the club. But to Pev congratulations on a fantastic career :) =D>
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Bloody great man.
One of my favourite memories of my 5 years as a member before I moved to Japan is Pev coming into the squad to replace Misiti and putting in some unbelievable performances when mostly noone even knew who he was yet. Stood next to the race and joined the standing ovation when he led the team off in his last game before Joey came back from injury. Good times.

Hope he has lots of success in whatever he does next. Thanks Pev!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I was hoping for one more year from Pev considering we are already losing experience in Mal and JJ. I thought Pev was contracted but obviously not. I would have kept Pev over the likes of Dyson and Williams thats for sure.

Hopefully his last 2 games are special ones. For his sake i kinda hope that he gets a chance to play again for another couple of seasons but unfortunately for Pev im not sure what club would take the risk with him especially with the draft changes over the next few seasons.

Would Pev be a chance to be a Bendigo listed player next season? It would be the perfect chance to be a mentor to the up and coming Bomber midfielders.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Filth, you really don't think Pevs would get a run if we didn't have so many injuries? I think he could...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Filth, you really don't think Pevs would get a run if we didn't have so many injuries? I think he could...
The way he is playing and the possessions he is racking up... i agree Megan i think Pev could still be in the side even if we had fewer injuries. Thats why i can't believe the club is letting him go. I would have kept him one more year for some experience and depth in the side.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

A great servant of the club, and I always admire people who get the most out of their talent. I reckon he should have gone on next year. May not be in the best 22, but a good depth player, and someone who is very good in the wet. I wish a few of our talented youngsters had this blokes heart.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I thought the most accurate description ever made of a footy player was made tonight, when Dennis etc said that things never came easy to Pevs. He's never had the natural skills of the Hirds, the Lloyds... he's had to bust his rump to be where he is today. And he deserves what he had, and I desperately wish we'd give him another season :(

Which is why I will never have anything but complete respect for Pevs. Ditto Bolton - not a natural footy player but wanted it so badly. And why I'll never HAVE respect for players like Cupido!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

JJ was quoted in today's Age as saying that he thinks that Pev has 3-4 years left in him :shock:.

JJ, i love you for everything you've given to the club and i respect that your intention was to stick up for a teammate, but geez, that's not even funny.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:JJ was quoted in today's Age as saying that he thinks that Pev has 3-4 years left in him :shock:.

JJ, i love you for everything you've given to the club and i respect that your intention was to stick up for a teammate, but geez, that's not even funny.
Spruiking for a mate I reckon. =D>
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well done on a great career considering he wasn't blessed with talent. =D>
Best move for the team moving forward though.
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Megan wrote:Filth, you really don't think Pevs would get a run if we didn't have so many injuries? I think he could...
The way he is playing and the possessions he is racking up... i agree Megan i think Pev could still be in the side even if we had fewer injuries. Thats why i can't believe the club is letting him go. I would have kept him one more year for some experience and depth in the side.
I sort of agree. However, if we didn't have injuries, he wouldn't have got a game to rack up possessions in the first place.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac wrote:Well done on a great career considering he wasn't blessed with talent. =D>
Best move for the team moving forward though.
Mrs Mercuri wrote:
I sort of agree. However, if we didn't have injuries, he wouldn't have got a game to rack up possessions in the first place.
It doesn't matter. He'd be there as a valuable and capable back up.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

The thing about Pev is that he earns his pay. Really sad to see him go, and I believe his performances in recent weeks show that he deserves to wear the red & black.

There is one Bomber who remains on the list who doesn't come close to earning his pay or the respect of the footballing world. No need to name him - with the number of threads on him on BT this year - it should be bleeding obvious.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

tonysoprano wrote:The thing about Pev is that he earns his pay. Really sad to see him go, and I believe his performances in recent weeks show that he deserves to wear the red & black.

There is one Bomber who remains on the list who doesn't come close to earning his pay or the respect of the footballing world. No need to name him - with the number of threads on him on BT this year - it should be bleeding obvious.
Hille.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

j-mac wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:The thing about Pev is that he earns his pay. Really sad to see him go, and I believe his performances in recent weeks show that he deserves to wear the red & black.

Hille.
:lol: Love your work j-mac