Etihad Stadium

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Etihad Stadium

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Staggy wrote:I'll bet everyone here 50 bucks that the punters will end up nicknaming it Jihad Stadium.
That would be an appropriate place for the "Bombers" to play.
Yaeh, funny you should say that, and continuing on the Dubai banter, I am sure the secret police here are watching my every move seeing as I am forever typing Bombertalk into my google search on the office computer!!!!

Was in a lift during the season talking to another Aussie mate and made a comment about how the Bombers "would blow them away on the weekend"!! Well a couple of the Arab boys in the lift looked up with big smiles on their face as if to say "welcome to the cause brother"!!
Haha, at least you're in a place where they may accept such a google "search". It's harder here where you get real concerned looks on faces when they see the bombertalk search on your PC and they've heard you say "I support the Bombers" in conversations over the phone :lol: . Funny times we live in indeed.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Scott Spitts huh? Wonder if he's got a sister... introduce her to young Swallow from the Roos. She can hyphinate. Hyphenate. f*** I spelt that wrong didn't I?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Staggy wrote:I'll bet everyone here 50 bucks that the punters will end up nicknaming it Jihad Stadium.
You know me too well. I was at the Dome when the announced was made (had an exam) and as I left I found out that they named it Etihad. First thing I said to the security guard "so, Jihad stadium is it?"

At least he found it funny and said that's what they are calling it too.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

STRUGGLE ST?

Isn't Struggle the english translation for Jihad?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:
Would not want to get "towelled"!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
With a leader called McVeigh (for the youngons on here, he was the bomber in the Oklahoma bombing in 1995)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!