Sheeds & Kepler

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Sheeds & Kepler

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
Fraz wrote:
tom9779 wrote: As for Lloyd trade with Judd - if WCE liked the sound of that I can't see it being all that bad. Lloydy has family over in Freo now(with his brother), so he probably could have adjusted. People suggesting he would 'shaft' a player is absolute crap. If that trade was ever really on, it could have been a win/win for both clubs.(Although I think this part was just sensationlism to flog a few more of his books)
Just a small note, Lloydy doesn't have family over in Perth. His brother, Brad, works for Fremantle but he does so from Melbourne. And I think it would've been shafting a player. You just don't treat greats of your club (and of the game) like that, even if it was just to flog some books.
Apologies. did not realise brad was melbourne based.

However, no player or person is bigger than the club.
it must have been more than just a sensational headline to sell some stuff.(unless lloyd is in on the ruse with sheeds), either way it does not change my opinion on sheeds or lloyd for that matter. both champions. us trading lloydy would be hard to swallow. but...if it the whole footy department thought it would take efc to september glory.
Not nit picking, but why were you so annoyed at the club for moving Sheedy on?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Let me answer that. Not so much moving him on.More the way it was done.BADLY! :evil:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

grassy1 wrote:Let me answer that. Not so much moving him on.More the way it was done.BADLY! :evil:
How do you suggest it could have been done better?? In English please
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote: Not nit picking, but why were you so annoyed at the club for moving Sheedy on?

can't ever really comment on the actual decision. you just have to back the club that it was the right thing to do.(have a coach change), and i believe it 100% the club is the most important thing...one criticism of sheedy and his book, is that he really puts himself up as a bit bigger than the EFC. he is a dead set legend and probably essendon's most influential figure...but he is still just a man...the footy club is so much more than that.

anyhow i still love the bloke, and i will forever be pissed at the way he was handled. in that context whatever he says is really excusable. the coach issue should have always been done in the offseason.

i alo believe it completely farked the 07 season. at the time of the announcement, we were still a shot at finals(even if it was unlikely, the timing just did not help...it wa un professional)...the board turned it into a debacle.

thats the nutshell for me... dunno wanna go back into it(as do you i am sure) many threads dead and buried on that issue.

but for me two things remain.

i remain a one eyed efc fan and a one eyed sheedy fan. and when the two clash, i have to back the club everytime...i am pretty sure that woudl speak for at least one other dons supporter out there.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Not nit picking, but why were you so annoyed at the club for moving Sheedy on?

can't ever really comment on the actual decision. you just have to back the club that it was the right thing to do.(have a coach change), and i believe it 100% the club is the most important thing...one criticism of sheedy and his book, is that he really puts himself up as a bit bigger than the EFC. he is a dead set legend and probably essendon's most influential figure...but he is still just a man...the footy club is so much more than that.

anyhow i still love the bloke, and i will forever be pissed at the way he was handled. in that context whatever he says is really excusable. the coach issue should have always been done in the offseason.

i alo believe it completely farked the 07 season. at the time of the announcement, we were still a shot at finals(even if it was unlikely, the timing just did not help...it wa un professional)...the board turned it into a debacle.

thats the nutshell for me... dunno wanna go back into it(as do you i am sure) many threads dead and buried on that issue.

but for me two things remain.

i remain a one eyed efc fan and a one eyed sheedy fan. and when the two clash, i have to back the club everytime...i am pretty sure that woudl speak for at least one other dons supporter out there.
Fair enough Tom.

Like I said, I wasn't having a crack, I was just interested to see what you thought of Sheedy (the individual) v the club's decision. I think you've explained it pretty well.
Essendunny