No No No No No No No No No No No

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Bolton is actually moving to Canberra. He is just going to phone in his performances every week. It will actually be the tightest he has ever played on an opposition forward.

f****** life member of Essendon......unbelievable.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

true megan, i will support him
but id rather be supporting somone else
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Robbie...... breathe mate, breathe. Do some yoga or something :) !
It's just not right. You make a bad draft choice, and you watch someone struggle for a few years, and it's "oh well, shit happens, the kid at least had a go". I'm not saying Bolton doesnt try, but FFS it has been 10 years, and he still plays like an 18 year old that has only ever seen two games in his friggin life. They may as well sign Cupido again. At least he COULD have become something.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Bolton to have a blinder 2007???
play across CHB and beat all comers.

He is sheeds mr fix it man.

i hope he plays well.(and doesn't make to many clangers)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

tom9779 wrote: He is sheeds mr fix it man.
I dont think that doing a spot of carpentry at Sheed's house, cleaning his pool, or even giving Geraldine a bit of seeing too when the master coach is a bit tired warrants him staying on our list.
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

And to think I actually got a warning letter from EFC about my 'Kevin Senile' signature on the old BT site.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Megan wrote:My opinion counts for nothing. I will support those who wear the red and black. He infuriates the shit out of me sometimes, but he's a Bomber, so...
yeah very true, he shows heart and i like that. lets hope he has a decent 2007
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Aparently, Bolton's Manager (a former BT'er) threatened to take the club to court and have the place shut down. The club relented. :P
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Megan wrote:My opinion counts for nothing. I will support those who wear the red and black. He infuriates the shit out of me sometimes, but he's a Bomber, so...
Couldnt agree with you more Megan :wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Being a Mark Bolton fan i am really gald that he will be around for one more year, i didn't think his 2006 season was all that bad compared to some of the others in the team.

Those still out of contract are

Rama, Nash, Lee and Johns... Lee would have to be the one that gets delisted along with Rama.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

If Lee goes and Bolton stays it is a joke of the highest kind. I mean we know bolton is not what the team needs. He is a trier but Lee is a possible CHB. We know what bolton is but Lee is still an unknown I want to take the risk on Lee before holding onto a trier.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Gatsid wrote:If Lee goes and Bolton stays it is a joke of the highest kind. I mean we know bolton is not what the team needs. He is a trier but Lee is a possible CHB. We know what bolton is but Lee is still an unknown I want to take the risk on Lee before holding onto a trier.
I think that's the most important point out of all of this. While Bolton has a lot of ticker and he tries his guts out, he doesn't have the potential Lee has. Determination really doesn't replace potential and that's why so many fans are disilusioned with the decision to offer him a new deal.
Bombers till' I die
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

There is always the possibility that one of the young guys could be moved from the senior to the rookie list to free up a spot. We kept NLM on the rookie list for an extra year not that long ago for the same reason.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Being a Mark Bolton fan i am really gald that he will be around for one more year, i didn't think his 2006 season was all that bad compared to some of the others in the team.

Those still out of contract are

Rama, Nash, Lee and Johns... Lee would have to be the one that gets delisted along with Rama.
Oh well, if Lee goes then Lucas is destined for CHB next year. There is simply no other bastard capable. Forget about Gumbleton or Hansen filling that spot next year, it won't happen. Looks like we either chuck Lucas down there or get smashed on the scoreboard. Unless of course Bolton is the plan (????)
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Does anyone actually know if Lee can play? To be honest, after two years he still has a huge question mark against his name having played some senior games this year and getting less than 5 possessions in all of them.

Potentials a wonderful thing but if there has been no signs onfield since he was drafted then that may say something. I know he's had OP so that hasn't helped either.

The more i think about it the more i lean towards him being axed.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

bueller wrote:Does anyone actually know if Lee can play? To be honest, after two years he still has a huge question mark against his name having played some senior games this year and getting less than 5 possessions in all of them.

Potentials a wonderful thing but if there has been no signs onfield since he was drafted then that may say something. I know he's had OP so that hasn't helped either.

But thats the point exactly he's had limited opportunities and has looked good in the time he's had. Lee could still be anything as for bolton we know what he is and we know what he will be, and we really know that he will not be in our next premiership side. As said earlier I'd prefer take the risk, if it doesnt work atleast we had a crack, if he goes somewhere else and turns out to be good we kick ourselves for not having a crack.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bueller wrote:Does anyone actually know if Lee can play? To be honest, after two years he still has a huge question mark against his name having played some senior games this year and getting less than 5 possessions in all of them.

To be honest, we don't effing know because he spends most of his time sitting on his arse on the bench. The time he does spend on the ground, he actually looks goosd whether it be down back or in attack. Even though he only got "5 possessions" it's the TOG (Time On Ground) column that is the factor. When Lee has played his TOG = f*** all while the likes of Bolton's TOG is about 100 minutes and his stats = f*** all.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

BenDoolan wrote:

To be honest, we don't effing know because he spends most of his time sitting on his arse on the bench. The time he does spend on the ground, he actually looks goosd whether it be down back or in attack. Even though he only got "5 possessions" it's the TOG (Time On Ground) column that is the factor. When Lee has played his TOG = f*** all while the likes of Bolton's TOG is about 100 minutes and his stats = f*** all.
Exactly. Has been given no time. Plus he lost a year due to OP, so he has basically been playing at the club for one year.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Is Cole contracted yet? If not, he's gotta be a big chance to go, at least as much as a potential KPP youngster.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
You have to be f****** kidding right.

Bolton had a good year and Lee should be delisted??!!!

Okay let's look at some simple facts.

1. Andrew Lee is a genuine key position prospect.
2. He is only 20 years of age
3. Key position players don't usually start hitting their straps until around 22
4. Lee is a year behind in his development because he missed all of the 2005 season with OP. Realistically 2006 was his first season.
5. The club is desparate need of key position players.

In summary it would make absolutely no sense for the club to delist Andrew Lee after only two years on the list, particularly when he's only had his body right for one of those years.

And we don't simply have to delist a player who isn't contracted, we can delist anyone on the list as long as we pay out their contract!!