Is He Havin a Laff??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Is He Havin a Laff??

Post by F111 »

He writes to sell papers.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

danstar84 wrote:Jared Mcveigh?!? haha He's not even the best footballer in his family let alone in the top 50.
This made me laugh.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:I'm buggered if I can figure out how Joel Selwood slipped to 27 and sixth best of the cats. Sheehan obviously wasn't watching his second quarter the other night.

The kid is an absolute gun and would be one of the first players I would pick in an all AFL 22
Yeah, agree.

I don't pay that much attention to Sheahan anyway. Boring and stupid.
Is there a journalist in the print media who is not both of these? I'm struggling to name one.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Yes, Sheah is a dork and so I don't take any notice of what he writes/says.

But one thing it does prove is that many people in the media just don't rate us at all.
Hope we can prove them wrong.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

No one in the media considers us a top 8 prospect this year and the vast majority expect us to slide before we improve.

As an outsider looking in, I would probably think the same thing. As an insider looking through rose-coloured glasses, I believe on our day, our list is as good if not better than Collingwood, North, Carlton, (as was proven last year). With a good run with injuries (yes I know - LOL) we will make the finals.

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding....and the pudding won't be cooked until Round 22.

But to leave Hille out of any top 50 list - while putting Cox in the top 5 - is deliberate shit-stirring! Don't fall for this crap (just look at the Collingwood down-hill skiers who made the list)! It's all about Mike selling papers.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

hop wrote:No one in the media considers us a top 8 prospect this year and the vast majority expect us to slide before we improve.

As an outsider looking in, I would probably think the same thing. As an insider looking through rose-coloured glasses, I believe on our day, our list is as good if not better than Collingwood, North, Carlton, (as was proven last year). With a good run with injuries (yes I know - LOL) we will make the finals.

The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding....and the pudding won't be cooked until Round 22.

But to leave Hille out of any top 50 list - while putting Cox in the top 5 - is deliberate shit-stirring! Don't fall for this crap (just look at the Collingwood down-hill skiers who made the list)! It's all about Mike selling papers.
Cox's best last season was superior to Hille's best. Hille had a more consistent season, but at the end of the day, Cox is a better ruckman at his best when playing injury free. He's shown that every year for the last 10 years or so. Hille is very good, but Cox has been the premier ruckman in the comp for a long long time.

Let's not get carried away at the start of the season like we always seem to do. We are a very VERY ordinary team still and a long way from having any sort of impact on a season. Our midfield is still one of the worst in the comp, our stars are almost ready for retirement, and a lot of our young guns are injury prone. Just cool your jets, and start looking at our list objectively.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

gringo wrote:
hop wrote:
Cox is a better ruckman at his best when playing injury free. He's shown that every year for the last 10 years or so. Hille is very good, but Cox has been the premier ruckman in the comp for a long long time.

Let's not get carried away at the start of the season like we always seem to do. We are a very VERY ordinary team still and a long way from having any sort of impact on a season. Our midfield is still one of the worst in the comp, our stars are almost ready for retirement, and a lot of our young guns are injury prone. Just cool your jets, and start looking at our list objectively.
Have a look at the thread called Bomber Predictions 2009 - I think we all get it