THE WORRYING THING IS........

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: THE WORRYING THING IS........

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MH_Bomber wrote:Dont worry be happy we will beat the Pies on Saturday. If Hocking had played he would have tagged Harvey and the whole result would have been different and we'd be pleased with ourselves. The facts are we didnt kick straight 7-15 is what the problem was.
A heap of very easy goals were missed on Sunday which was the most disappointing thing. We worked hard to make the Roos turn it over in their forward half but every time we went forward we missed our opportunities. 7.15 in perfect conditions at the Dome is just not good enough.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

ace076 wrote:if you guys are seriously satisfied with Ryder's actual OUTPUT, (not potential, upside, talent etc etc), then you are easily pleased IMO. Bags of goals were kicked on him on numerous occassions last year, remember I am only marking him hard because I think highly of his talent and expect him to be doing more that's all.
Playing in the harderst position in modern football, who kicked "bags" on him? ATM he has to shadow the opposition ruck and sit in the forward line getting stuff all service. He makes the best use of the touches he gets.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I have a feeling that Buddy Franklin kicked 9 on Ryder when we last played the Hawks.... :?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:I have a feeling that Buddy Franklin kicked 9 on Ryder when we last played the Hawks.... :?
+ Fletch
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

What more does Ryder have to do???

Bring down at least 75% of those screamers he keeps going up for :mrgreen: If he could hold onto them, he'd be MAGNIFICENT in the air.. but the bugger drops too many! vingertje
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:What more does Ryder have to do???

Bring down at least 75% of those screamers he keeps going up for :mrgreen: If he could hold onto them, he'd be MAGNIFICENT in the air.. but the bugger drops too many! vingertje
He had some amazing leaps on the weekend but your exactly right, he needs to start holding onto a few of them to be truely dangerous. You can see the skill and promise there it just needs to start coming out!!
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

Cheers Meggles, someone is finally getting my drift re: Ryder. I am not against him at all, but this is a classic example of what I mean when I watch him play, you just KNOW he is capable of alot more!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

welcome to the real world.
players arent robots capable of producing their extreme best week in week out. A huge amount of factors effect how each person will play that week.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is playing the team game, not doing a Daisy and trying to get on the highlight reels every 2 seconds. He doesn't worry about his stats, he stays on his man and negates their influence around the ground. Watch him on Fraser this week, he will not get a touch around the ground while Paddy is on him.

He also contributed a lazy 5 spoils on the weeked.