ANZAC DAY TEAMS

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: ANZAC DAY TEAMS

Post by F111 »

McVeigh may miss...ankle. ABC news.
Didn't train this morning.

Didak has hammie soreness...still named. Malthouse doing a Sheedy?
Last edited by F111 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I've heard this quite a bit. Only walked laps yesterday at training. He ain't playing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Sorry Stag, it's far better to get stuck into Dyson and NLM isn't it?
I think all three are hopeless, don't get me wrong!

I'm just saying that think your point about Monfires has already been made in a number of other threads.

I think you should start doing it in the 'Other Sports' forum. "Yes I agree that that Bollinger isnt Australia's fast bowling solution. You know who else isn't the solution? Monfries..."
I think you have the problem with the name “Monfries”. I find it odd they you chose a post which didn’t include his name to make your point. Jetta is another one who has been thoroughly disappointing. Everyone looks to Lucas and Lloyd for the goals, and when they don’t provide many, everyone starts doubting their form etc. Well, it’s time to ask the small forwards the questions.

And MONFRIES is a big part of that.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Hopefully Nash back in then. We need some big bodies for the wet.

NLM cops fair bit for his disposal, this has been magnified by the zone most teams are playing, I think his defensive skills are good though and his size will be handy this week.

Monfries has been yo yoing this year hopefully this is an up week. Conditions should suit him we need him to have an impact.

Jobe is going to be our no 1 asset. Needs to play a good game and must be supported by his team-mates. We have to start acting like Geelong and make any taggers job a nightmare. Not having McVeigh is a big loss in the area.

Hille needs to maintain dominance in the air and simply spank the ball forward every chance he gets. Tapwork will be useless in the wet.

Sammy and Heath are very important ins. Hocking will need to take Pendelbury out of the game. Stop him, you go a long way to stopping Collingwood.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

From bomberblitz this morning.

fogdog said...
This report brought to you live from a roving marsupial.

- McVeigh only walking laps and doing some kicking with Welsh. Looks proppy and barely got up to a jog, but the plan for today was for him to rest. Looking doubtful but will be given till tomorrow morning. Didn't look happy talking to the doc before going in.

- Gumby was there walking around and looking happy. Didn't bend over. Went inside after a brief appearance.

- Daniher, Skipworth and Laycock all walking laps. Daniher the only one looking stiff at all, but it was a groin injury afterall.

- Lloyd and Hille looks pumped.

- Alwyn kicking from outside 50 making the distance no problems at all.

- Dyson, Nash and Houli all training.

- Hocking training and looks fine.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BenDoolan wrote:
Staggy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Sorry Stag, it's far better to get stuck into Dyson and NLM isn't it?

I'm just saying that think your point about Monfires has already been made in a number of other threads.

I think you should start doing it in the 'Other Sports' forum. "Yes I agree that that Bollinger isnt Australia's fast bowling solution. You know who else isn't the solution? Monfries..."
I think you have the problem with the name “Monfries”. I find it odd they you chose a post which didn’t include his name to make your point. Jetta is another one who has been thoroughly disappointing. Everyone looks to Lucas and Lloyd for the goals, and when they don’t provide many, everyone starts doubting their form etc. Well, it’s time to ask the small forwards the questions.

MONFRIES
Last edited by Madden on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BenDoolan wrote:
Staggy wrote:

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I don't want to turn this into a Gus bashing seshion, but it is understandable the frustration people feel. Essendon as a club seems to have had a lot of trouble taking talented players onto the next step of becoming A grade players.

Gus showed so much early, his courage tenacity and skill made him seem a monty to take the next step, consistancy just hasn't been his friend. McPhee is in the same boat. Both have shown they have the goods at one stage or another, I think they both need to have a chat to Licha and Welsh about extracting every ounce of talent.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Bring in Houli - Damn it !

I can feel a big ANZAC day performance from Bacha coming on !
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Didak confirmed as out as per SEN.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:
MONFIRES
Curiosity is getting the better of me. I'm not sure if you're attempting to be humorous or serious. In any case, I'm wondering why you've chosen my criticisms of Monfries (either stated or inferred) but have not at any stage raised the same "issue" with others (or someone) bringing the exact same arguments up against Stanton every week (even if he plays a good game!)

And you should know what happens when someone baits me.....
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BenDoolan wrote:
Staggy wrote:
MONFIRES
Curiosity is getting the better of me. I'm not sure if you're attempting to be humorous or serious. In any case, I'm wondering why you've chosen my criticisms of Monfries (either stated or inferred) but have not at any stage raised the same "issue" with others (or someone) bringing the exact same arguments up against Stanton every week (even if he plays a good game!)

Was only attemting to be humourous - and I was being pretty lighthearted with my initial criticism!

End of a long week, BD? 8)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Image[/quote]

return the love BD :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Staggy wrote:
MONFIRES

Was only attemting to be humourous - and I was being pretty lighthearted with my initial criticism!

End of a long week, BD? 8)
Haha.... I was actually responding each time with a smirk :wink:

But yeah....
End of a long week, BD?
I'm knackered!
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:Image

return the love BD :lol: :lol:
It's uncanny, he suffers from keloid scarring, just like me (and has a scar in the exact same location)!

I do love Pencil........ but he needs a slap across the face or two, a swift kick up the arse, and a good ol' fashioned tongue lashing!

If the sweet little boy knows what's good for him, he'll return home tomorrow with a bag of 5 goals and an Anzac Day Medal.

:lol:
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

geez bit of negativity here.

stoked with the team. changes that needed to be made have been made. nash, dyson, quinn out, nlm, lonergan, myers,hocking, jetta in.

i like it.

the bombers will do much better I am SURE than last year. i just want to see a competitive outfit tomorrow. personally i think we will give the pies a good shake, not convinced they are that much chop.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:geez bit of negativity here.
:?

:?:

What makes you say that??
Essendunny