Stanton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Stanton

Post by tonysoprano »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
andrewb wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Stants is carrying a niggle at the moment because he doesn't normally get run down like he did on Friday.
You're an astute observer Andy, but i can't believe i'm reading this from you.

Stanton gets mowed down from behind about once every week (on average...sometimes doesn't happen, sometimes happens a few times), usually after he takes at least 5 steps and the crowd make all this noise alerting him to the chasing opponent. His awareness in this respect is mediocre to poor. Though i suppose he gets plenty of the ball in space so the opposition get plenty of opportunities to run him down in these circumstances.
I'm with Jimmy on this one. And the thing about it - earlier in his career he was excellent at evading (as opposed to shrugging) tackles, and this seems to have deteriorated. Stants at his best is a regular top 3 in our B&F, so we urgently need to get him up or near his best to be fornidable in the remainder of the season and in our prime years coming in the near future! (I hope!)
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Feel like I've been crucified for this opinion. Never said he was the worst play but I do think he is not as influential as he is cracked up to be ...

And dropping him to get some hunger is that so radical ....?

Funny because I remember a team who dropped 2 players (Dal Santo and Montagna) who were certainly not the worst players in the team but did look flat and without much hunger ... most Saints supporters count that as their big turn around.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
andrewb wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Stants is carrying a niggle at the moment because he doesn't normally get run down like he did on Friday.
You're an astute observer Andy, but i can't believe i'm reading this from you.

Stanton gets mowed down from behind about once every week (on average...sometimes doesn't happen, sometimes happens a few times), usually after he takes at least 5 steps and the crowd make all this noise alerting him to the chasing opponent. His awareness in this respect is mediocre to poor. Though i suppose he gets plenty of the ball in space so the opposition get plenty of opportunities to run him down in these circumstances.
I know he gets caught a bit but he had 15m on whoever that was that caught him and normally he'd have a crack from 55-60 on the run rather than risking getting caught. Just seemed to be out of character. Maybe I'm wrong but he certainly doesn't appear to be himself of late.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

And today?
Was fantastic again.
A very valuable player...
Go get em Stants...
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Need some glasses for Christmas I think :wink:
Put your order in now lol
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Watched his interview on the TAC Cup future stars show today and he is a very impressive and well spoken young man. He is currently mentoring fellow Northern Knighters Hurley and Zaka which i thought was great!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Was in our best three or four last night. Won't get the credit for it, of course. :roll: F*ck me this bloke cops a raw deal.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

under the radar player that is pivitol to our midfeild...... WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT???
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

How about THAT GOAL! =D>
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Sismis wrote:How about THAT GOAL! =D>
Sensational goal!!! Stants is the type of player that can kick those regularly as well.