Bendigo Bombers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Bendigo Bombers

Post by rockhole »

If for no other reason than being curious,, I am going to attend the next game at Windy Hill to see why such a good list in the context of the twos gets such a regular bashing. A good excuse for my annual pilgrimage.

We regularly bitch about the alliance with Bendigo, the quality of the grounds etc etc but this does not entirely explain why we have not won a game this year.

With more than half the team having experienced senior footy, it is beyond me why our performance this year has been total crap.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

rockhole wrote:If for no other reason than being curious,, I am going to attend the next game at Windy Hill to see why such a good list in the context of the twos gets such a regular bashing. A good excuse for my annual pilgrimage.

We regularly bitch about the alliance with Bendigo, the quality of the grounds etc etc but this does not entirely explain why we have not won a game this year.

With more than half the team having experienced senior footy, it is beyond me why our performance this year has been total crap.
I'll be more than just a little intrigued with your observations, Rockhole. I can't fathom how we can be continually smashed the way we are in the seconds with the number of senior listed players playing for Bendigo. I know there's the old saying about being as good as your worst player (or worst four or five) ... in which case, if our worst four or five players are complete shite then we're in trouble from the get-go... but you'd think having a decent proportion of senior players playing would negate some of that effect, especially when guys like Welsh and co. were running around in the reserves.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

rockhole wrote:
I watched the game against Box Hill and the performance is crap due to the Bendigo listed players not being up to VFL standard.
They continually turn the ball over, and often kick the ball into open space with absolutely no purpose. Doesn't matter how well the AFL listed players play when the player they give the ball to gives it straight back to the opposition.
Last edited by Mick on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Appears that QE oval is still stuffed and all remaining BB home games are at Windy Hill commencing this sunday
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Could this be the week where Bendigo wins there first game...... being at Windy Hill against an undermanned Geelong seconds... all we have to do is stop Pods from kicking 12 and we may cause an upset... :wink:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Mick wrote:Appears that QE oval is still stuffed and all remaining BB home games are at Windy Hill commencing this sunday
Yeah good old AFL Victoria. Tell the council the ground isn't up to standard so they need to fix it, so the council does. Then less then 12 months later they come back and say, "Oh yeah sorry guys we've actually increased our standards again. Sorry chaps."
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.