Hurley.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hurley.

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bombercol wrote:HURLEY IS A GOOD BOY!!!!!

Very good prospect....that is all.
Was outstanding... very level head on young shoulders. Maybe a chance for rising star this week!!!!! Fingers crossed!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Backline was very good

Forward line was thinking too hard

Took one good grab that he should have gone back and had a crack at. Held on to the ball to long at one stage and that mark on the wing he should have kicked forward.

Could be our new full forward. Competes like an animal.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

So impressed with him in his 3rd game. =D> =D> Besides getting run down twice, he was fantastic at both ends. I saw Welsh getting into him at the start of the game and he showed him a thing or two in the first half. Good hands, good shot for goal, good spoiler. Good everything! More experience and we will have ourselves an elite player.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

The kids not bad.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
reimers_37
Top Up Player

Post by reimers_37 »

nice slick skills :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We've got a player on our hands here. Very impressed with his ability to read the flight of the ball, get to contests, spoil, mark under pressure and has damn good kicking skills. Just turned 19, bugger me.

Thankyou Mr Dodoro.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Very impressed with im tonight. The ball was in our backline alot and lesser players would fold and let their opponent kick a bag. He is some size for a 19 year old, a couple more years in the gym and he will be impossible to move in a contest.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Very impressed with im tonight. The ball was in our backline alot and lesser players would fold and let their opponent kick a bag. He is some size for a 19 year old, a couple more years in the gym and he will be impossible to move in a contest.
Isn't he just!
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Another impressive game from this young man.
Showed in the last quarter that he can be switched forward sometimes too, in the vein of some of the 1980s players like Vander & TD, who could play both ends of the ground.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Forward or back?

Playing him the backline gives us an awesome key defensive duo of Pears and Hurley.

However none of our young forwards has played consistently enough or at all to show that they are the future. A forward line-up with Gumby and Hurley could be almost as good as Franklin/Roughead. Plus we still have Hooker or even Ryder who can play backline.

I'm undecided.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

First time I've had a good look at Hurley and I can see where people think he will be a gun in years to come but I was disappointed with his disposal today.

Everything I've heard or read about him has mentioned his kicking skills and yet he struggled to hit a target today.

Fletch is obviously quite sold on him if the little interview they showed at 1/4 time today is any indication as he talked about him being a ten year player at the club.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Hurley and Pears had their own website today. wegotaheadofourselves.com
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

[quote="swoodley"]First time I've had a good look at Hurley and I can see where people think he will be a gun in years to come but I was disappointed with his disposal today.

Everything I've heard or read about him has mentioned his kicking skills and yet he struggled to hit a target today.
quote]

He wasn't on his Pat Malone today. The fumbling, the handballs to knees and ankles, the missed targets. A bit of pressure and we go to pieces yet again. And to Richmond of all teams.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:Hurley and Pears had their own website today. wegotaheadofourselves.com
fair cop that Rob....with all the talk on here about Hooker possibly being dropped, I was pleased with his efforts today both in the ruck and around the ground.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robbie67 wrote:Hurley and Pears had their own website today. wegotaheadofourselves.com
this.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Not his best game today but he'll learn.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Both he and Pears got their arses wiped. No big deal, they've been terrific to date, and sometimes they will get towelled as they grow up to be men.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Fair whack on Hurley and Pears, one has played 20 games, the other 4.

Pretty sure Fletch has been towelled up before.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

With Lloydy out and both Neagle and Daniher not setting the world on fire at the moment... could Hurley be given a run in the forward line against the Eagles?? Im sure players like Pears, Hooker, Fletcher, McPhee and even Natrat would have the Eagles forward line covered.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Sometimes it's easier for young kids to line up on superstars than average players. The average players can pull your pants down whereas you go into the contests with Franklin / Brown / Pavlich / Tredrea with no expectations. I'm really looking forward to Hurley vs Brown down the track - perfect matchup for him.