Sorry Scotty but it is over!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Re: Sorry Scotty but it is over!

Post by DC »

laycock ?? he has done nothing...dont hold ur breath.

daniher up front?? dont know 'bout that either.

Neagle and Gumby are the future... Hurls and Pears down back.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

DC wrote:laycock ?? he has done nothing...dont hold ur breath.

daniher up front?? dont know 'bout that either.

Neagle and Gumby are the future... Hurls and Pears down back.
I was just giving examples of players on the list that can play forward. Daniher has been playing forward for bendigo and Laycock was leading goal kicker for Bendigo a few years back... i think he kicked around 40 for the year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

During Matthew Knights' press conference, a reporter commented that McVeigh looked a bit off pace and he was asked what he thought about McVeighs form. His response was;
I thought his game against Sydney he defended really well. I think last week he was a little bit quieter, but I think he and Henry Slattery did a pretty good job defensively. I think things go unheralded, I mean, Henry Slattery played on Akermanis last week and done a wonderful job. But you don’t get credit for that because he hasn’t got the bells and whistles to go with that solid performance week in and week out. But you know, he and McVeigh did reasonably solid jobs last week defensively, and we look at that as a match committee. It’s a bit irrelevant about disposals at times or how they run and carry

I'm not pushing his barrow, but some of you will be distressed to learn that most of the coaches at the club have a high regard for Slatts. I've heard it from Gazza, Prescott and now Knights...
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I don't know what the rules are on this kind of thing but could we transition Lucas into an assistant coaching role (e.g. forwards coach) next year while retaining him on the list? Neagle and Gumby have been anything but durable and it would be nice to have as reliable a performer as Scotty to call upon late in the season if we got a few injuries.

He's only on half of whatever we pay him salary cap wise and he's only taking a rookie spot so if he's ok with his legacy potentially being a little tarnished with some performances that aren't quite up to the high standards he set himself in his mid to late 20s I'd be really keen to keep him. Invaluable to have a guy like that directing play at Bendigo and showing Gumby/Neagle the workrate required to be an effective CHF in the AFL.