Spikes story

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Spikes story

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:As for this HTFU nonsense, get a f****** clue. If he was any harder he'd cut diamonds. It is a blight on our society that we so easily discount such things as emotional and mental pressure and how they physically effect us. It quite literally kills people. It took enormous courage to even admit the issues he's been having.
He got suspended for 1 game after a late night and missed training session, then sooks around like he's had a career-ending injury or done something of NRL player proportions. Admits that he and Lloyd played shit against the Bulldogs because of what was in the paper.
Unacceptable. Move on.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:He got suspended for 1 game after a late night and missed training session, then sooks around like he's had a career-ending injury or done something of NRL player proportions. Admits that he and Lloyd played shit against the Bulldogs because of what was in the paper.
Unacceptable. Move on.
How is he "sooking around"? If anything he is trying too f****** hard. I wish we had a few moer at the club who cared that much.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I see Spikes story one of talk before the walk. I don't like that about him. He does say all the right things, as a clubman, and as an Essendon player. I like that about him. It has shown promise to us.

What I also don't like about him is the ill discipline. They're all minor things, but they've been persistent over his time. The costly 50's and the jumper punch behaviour. Now, in the name of helping a mate (poor excuse imo) he commits another minor indiscretion, his first off field.

LIoyds response was unfortunate, but I thought the McVeigh response was also a little over the top. Adding to this is the omnipresent media who want to report everything. He should just get on with it, train and play like we have seen he can.

That is the best, maybe the only way, to gain and keep the respect he seems to hold so importantly.

They can't all be perfect leaders, as they are young men with a focused view on life. None the less, head down and nose to the proverbial is the way to go. LIoyd will learn from this one, and I hope McVeigh does too.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:He got suspended for 1 game after a late night and missed training session, then sooks around like he's had a career-ending injury or done something of NRL player proportions. Admits that he and Lloyd played shit against the Bulldogs because of what was in the paper.
Unacceptable. Move on.
How is he "sooking around"? If anything he is trying too f****** hard. I wish we had a few moer at the club who cared that much.
Did you not read the article?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is explaining what is going through his head, he is not blaming anyone but himself. He has taken full responsibility. Far from sooking in my book.

As for not walking the walk, I reiterate, how short some f****** memories here are. He was walking the shit out of it last year!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Saw him tonight at the end of the game. Holding and showing the jumper to the fans. I love that your passionate about the EFC Mark but I get the ****** POINT!!!! That's all :P Didn't have the best game either.