Humble Pie

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Humble Pie

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Anyone who tipped us to win knows nothing about footy as we had no right to win this game. ]

...or they're a very good judge !!! :wink:

The way we played for the majority of that match I think we were the German Shepherds and they were the Putty cat.

Seriously though, I think the Saints have some major flaws. As I discussed with the visiting saint supporter, they have a lot of rather ordinary players in that line up that, yes, up to now have played very well.

Will they stand up to the scrutiny of a hammer and tong finals series ? I think not. We played footy with a finals like attack on the ball and man and they were found wanting.

It was only injuries that prevented up winning that game by a margin of about 40 points.
Or like Essendon in 2000, they just took their eye off the ball for moment. They may have flaws but seriously, no one wins 19 games straight without having something special - I am sure they will bounce back
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Humble Pie

Post by MH_Bomber »

Okay Windy, lets take the 2000 Bomber side and man for man line it up against the Saints and let me know whether I might be onto something here.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber