Slattery

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Slattery

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:OK, time for some reality - including myself. While Knights, O'Donnell, Prescott & Co are coaching at the club, Slattery is always going to be in our best 22. They regard him highly - particularly O'Donnell. The same applies to Monfries, the coaches love him - particularly Knights.

So both aren't going anywhere soon. Both played junk games at different ends of thye ground. Both need to improve their footy. Both are still young enough to achieve this.

Perhaps both would benefit if they could play on each other :lol:
This made me laugh....I can't figure out if Slattery woud need to push Monfries in the back or if Monfries would just fall over whenever the ball came near #-o
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bombercol wrote:Slattery is honest and has a go. Last night he was awful.

Atkinson though tried hard but cost us I think 3 goals with awful mistakes.

I think Houli would be a better option if fit as he's a stronger body but his pace and disposal are very very good.
Yeah i kinda agree with you bombercol... i usually love the way Slats goes about his footy but last night was probably his worst game of the season. Atkinson had been good before last nights debacle as well. Obviously players like Houli, Reimers and Myers are going to come back in the side next year and play better in our backline than those 2 players.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

merc_2 wrote:
ealesy wrote:How was Monfries' game last night, kicked the first goal and must have thought his job was done for the night because I didn't sight him for the rest of the night.

Oh but that's right your the one who gets all pissy when we bag the players, because we should be supporting them, oh wait what is the thread about, oh yeah I remember now, your the one that tells us not to bag the players, when in actuallity you mean don't bag the players you like, meanwhile you feel free to bag the shit out of other players.
LOL....hilarious post!.....Selective reading obviously....Im not bagging the guy...he give his best...My point is he isn't up to it and not up to the standard required. He looked completely out of his depth last night. He gets caught, turns the ball over and cost us goals. Have another beer for me mate!
What about the other post you made a few weeks back telling people not to slag off Monfries, meanwhile in the same thread you had called Slattery the "worst player in the AFL". If that is not bagging a player or slagging them off, what exactly is. It is clear you feel Slattery's worthless, fair enough that is your opinion, I just think it's a bit rich that you then complain about people voicing legitimate concerns about the shortcomings of Monfries, because you happen to like him.
DONISBEST
Top Up Player

Post by DONISBEST »

Windy I'm with you, Slattery to go forward and McVeigh back pocket where he has played his best football over the years.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:Our 2 back pockets were shocking - Slattery and Atkinson. I remain the only person on the planet that believes McVeigh will better serve the team going back into defense. I also believe (and have been howled down on this before) that Alwyn Davey could be moulded into a great small defender. Great tackler, has the pace to run off oponents.
Agreed (but with the occasional push into the midfield) ... but nEed another in and under midfielder to support Jobe ... note to EfC during draFt week/tradE week ... make it so!!!!

cHEERS - sti
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Back to his worst unfortunately against Adelaide - stupid frees given away and turning over the ball.

But if Welsh and McVeigh don't go into the backline, he remains our best option for small defenders.
Houli and Nash can't defend and don't even think of Davey. He would get slaughtered in any and all marking contests.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.