Tall Timber

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Tall Timber

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:
Ossie wrote:
gringo wrote:Hille is close to A-grade but there are plenty of ruckman around who have surpassed him now. Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox, Mitch Clark, Matthew Kreuzer, Brad Ottens, Darren Jolly...that's a third of the starting ruckmen right there.
Kreuzer? :lol: Outstanding work once again gringo. Hille is twice the player Kreuzer is. Bigger, stronger, better kick, better overhead and a leader.
Clark - one good season, done f*ck all until now.
Essendon would swap Hille for either Kreuzer or Clark in a heartbeat. End of story.
I'm not sure they would. Hille has shown he is a strong leader whilst the other two are just boys starting out. Hille is in the age and experience range where we are lacking and I doubt that the club would want to swap him for either of the other two at this stage. Maybe in a few years of they continue their development but the timing is wrong at present.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

So Hille is not above average then?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Hille was a colossus in 2008! He deserved AA selection but as usual, unless it is your 2nd or 3rd standout year, you wont be considered by the tools that make up the AA selection committee.

Anywho - my fear with Hille is that he could become another Matthew Lloyd. Both have unrealistically large bodies for the type of game we are now playing. Ironically we have been screaming for bigger bodies for years, and the two big blokes who have piled on the muscle in order to provide the required grunt and bulk, will (and have), inevitably sacrificed their own performances.

IMHO both Lloyd and Hille need to shed at least 5 kilos in order to gain the mobility and the durablity that we will need from them.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

gringo wrote:
Ossie wrote:
gringo wrote:Hille is close to A-grade but there are plenty of ruckman around who have surpassed him now. Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox, Mitch Clark, Matthew Kreuzer, Brad Ottens, Darren Jolly...that's a third of the starting ruckmen right there.
Kreuzer? :lol: Outstanding work once again gringo. Hille is twice the player Kreuzer is. Bigger, stronger, better kick, better overhead and a leader.
Clark - one good season, done f*ck all until now.
Essendon would swap Hille for either Kreuzer or Clark in a heartbeat. End of story.
Haha, they would f*cking not. Just because you say End of Story doesn't make it so. What about addressing the five points where Hille is actually better as I wrote above?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.