16 goals in a whole game?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: 16 goals in a whole game?

Post by MH_Bomber »

I find the St Kilda game style boring.They are like robots.

I didnt mind the tightness of the final and it was entralling in that it was topsy turvey. However St Kilda are not a flashy side and I think my hatred of Riewoldt went up about 100 notches after that dive at the start of the 3rd qtr.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
nomolos wrote:What fking world are you guys in. That was a very good game of football.

Sometimes you can appreciate the contest, you dont need 20 goals each to be a good game.
Problem with this game is that the pressure build up and hard contests were largely casued by shit disposal and players taking the wrong option resulting in lots of ugly packs.
Or was the shit disposal caused by the immense pressure applied by both sides

In a word, No.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Problem with this game is that the pressure build up and hard contests were largely casued by shit disposal and players taking the wrong option resulting in lots of ugly packs.
Or was the shit disposal caused by the immense pressure applied by both sides

In a word, No.
I think we need to agree to disagree on this one Windy
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Pressure definitley caused the turnovers 90% of the time, and the other 10% was perceived pressure. You could not wish for a more committed effort in trying to dispossess the the footy from the opponent.
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Was a fantastic game and a pleasure to watch.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

It was a shambolic game of football made bearable by the stakes and the closeness of the score. Had it been Fremantle vs Port on a cold June afternoon at AAMI, you would have turned off at half time.

I have watched "high pressure" finals football for the last 40 years and that gmae does not compare to some of the amazing finals where players are literally dying for the cause yet the skills and flow of the game are still on display.

Long Bombs to Snake, boys!!!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

nomolos wrote:What fking world are you guys in. That was a very good game of football.

Sometimes you can appreciate the contest, you dont need 20 goals each to be a good game.
That is very true, but after the weekend, I will take 20 goals to 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I loved it. It was brutal and uncompromising. 2 good teams going hammer and tongs.

I think the effort will break the Saints though, the cats have basically had another week off.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Filthy wrote::roll:

And people like that? Yeah good on ya Roos and now Lyon....you going to bore us all to death.

No wonder people love watching us play.
Whilst I much rather watch Essendon's style of play, it aint going to win us a flag.

I was there on Friday night and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed. It was super tense, physical...having said that, if the scores hadn't of been close it would have lost a lot of its appeal.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.