Report on SEN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Report on SEN

Post by Ossie »

Rossoneri wrote:Cabby picked the wrong guy, Hurley is very good on either foot.
[-X but a little bit :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

If the cabbie was doing his job he would have got his fare up front like he was supposed to.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ossie wrote:
[-X but a little bit :lol:
I know, I know, it's not right to say that sort of stuff.

But come on, the guy is 19. While that is no excuse as you should never hit someone, we haven't heard the full story yet.

Would the cab driver tell the cops "I pushed him in the back and took a swing and missed because he hadn't paid"? No! Not saying that happened, but lets just wait.

And stag, apparently not all are pre-paid. I know the ones I end up in are.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

What is with people who think they can get a taxi and then not pay the fare?

To me, it doesn't matter who attacked who....Hurley should have payed the fare before leaving the taxi and then there wouldn't have been any need for the driver to chase after him....very disappointing [-X [-X [-X
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:What is with people who think they can get a taxi and then not pay the fare?

To me, it doesn't matter who attacked who....Hurley should have payed the fare before leaving the taxi and then there wouldn't have been any need for the driver to chase after him....very disappointing [-X [-X [-X
Most taxi drivers will wait while you go and get your food. It's nothing out of the ordinary. A couple even ask us if we can get them some fries or something like that (they dont eat beef).
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Rossoneri wrote:
Staggy wrote:AN Essendon player has been arrested after an altercation with a cabbie on Hoddle St early this morning.

Police said his morning that a 19-year-old from Rosanna has been arrested over an altercation with a cab driver in Hoddle St.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has told 3AW radio that the player in question is Michael Hurley.

The Herald Sun understands the player was picked up by a taxi outside a South Melbourne nightclub about 5.30 this morning and went to a Hungry Jacks in Hoddle St.

He left the taxi for some food and when the cabbie pursued him asking for his fare, the player kicked the driver in the groin and punched him.

Police were called arrested the player at the scene and took him to Fitzroy police station.

The cabbie received minor injuries in the incident.

In a statement, Essendon confirmed that one if its players was involved in an incident in the early hours of this morning.

"The club is investigating the facts of the matter and will make further comment later today," the statement read.
Looks like the Cabby attacked him and Hurley retaliated. I doubt the cabby was all nice and asked "excuse me sir, can I have my fare?" It would have been slightly more threatening than that. Same thing has happened to me before.
How does it look like that you p-nut? I notice you've later said "let's wait until we have the full story."

Admit clue?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

No excuses, very disappointing.

Bomberland is certainly changing from what it use to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Not great, but could be worse - it's off season for a start, the cabbie has minor injuries, and Hurley didn't get injured.

I'd rather this piece of news than something along the lines of him falling down the stairs at a club whilst drunk and doing his ACL.

Do they still do $2.50 basics at Motel on Thursday night? Those nights often ended pretty messily for your's truly.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I reckon it would have been Billboard by the sounds of it.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

This on top of the Lloyd retirement !! Its not a good week for the Essendon Football Club.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

MH_Bomber wrote:This on top of the Lloyd retirement !! Its not a good week for the Essendon Football Club.
And on top of one of our guns (Lovett) wanting out of the club!

FFS - what is happening to our club? We are starting to look very shabby - something that EFC does not do!!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

No excuses, He needs to have his head pulled in pronto. [-X

We do not need this kind of shit happening at this club. Before you know it will be like the Filth ( Didak, Shaw) and the Scum ( Fevhead ) etc.

I do not expect these players to be sterile but if they start off on the wrong foot then it will stay with them the rest of their careers. The way the media is today nothing goes unseen.
It just fell out of the sky
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Its incidents like this that turn off some of the bigger name players from coming to the club... im looking forward to seeing what the club and Hurley have to say about it later today.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Its incidents like this that turn off some of the bigger name players from coming to the club...
Hmm - I do not think that the EFC is any worse than other clubs on the "incidents" front. Considering recent events at some "desirable" clubs for "bigger name players" (I'll start a new thread on these in the AFL section for info and to not distract from this thread) the EFC looks pretty darn good. However - I must acknowledge that the EFC may be very very good at keeping a lid on it's bucket of dirty laundry.

Please let's don't eat our young about the Burgoyne thinggy (though we may still be in the race!). In general - this is a pretty well run and relatively well behaved club.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

BTW- just announced that Hurley has been released without charge (at this stage anyway)

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Not surprising, he'll be charged by way of summons.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

First thing to bring a smile to my face today! GOLD =D>
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

EFC Press Release
Essendon today expressed extreme disappointment that one of its players, 19-year-old Michael Hurley, was involved in an incident early this morning.

Hurley was taken into police custody after allegedly assaulting a taxi driver. He has not been charged.

Essendon managing director Peter Jackson said the details of the incident are still being investigated. He confirmed the club had spoken to Hurley and Victoria Police about the incident.

“We are extremely disappointed that Michael was out so late and that he put himself in a situation where an incident occurred,” Mr Jackson said.

“He started drinking at the Grand Final Footy Show after-party and by night’s end he had clearly had too much to drink.

“As a club we work with our players to help them make good choices - and the vast majority do - so it is disappointing and unacceptable that this situation has occurred.

“We also run a number of community programs where our players work with young people to educate them about the dangers associated with binge drinking.

“We are treating the matter very seriously and will take appropriate action once the details are clear. The club will continue speaking with Michael and he will assist police anyway he can.”

Jackson said he understands the interest from the public and media but, as the matter is being investigated by Victoria Police, the club is not in a position to make any further comment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

if its true, let him spend some time with Mark McVeigh to see how quickly a popular and respected player can go from hero to zero

If its true - the boy is an idiot
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Yep.

But who would want to be a footballer, you can put absolutely everything you've got, put all the blood, sweat and tears you've got to get the absolute most out of yourself for your club, for 8,9, 10+ years and then if you make one stupid mistake you are suddenly a zero.

You are suddenly a zero on the same level as a repeat offender, who disgraced himself, his family, his football team and the code on one its biggest nights.

Yep us footy supporters are rational beings aren't we who never f*** up. I mean it is only footballers who get pissed and assault taxi drivers, it is only footballers who get pissed and make dicks of themselves, it is only footballers who get pissed and don't turn up to work the next day. The rest of us are perfect little angels who never f*** up.

McVeigh copped his right whack, just like Hurley will, hopefully he'll learn from it and get himself sorted out pretty damn quickly.