WARNING-Anti Sheedy Rant Follows

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: WARNING-Anti Sheedy Rant Follows

Post by MH_Bomber »

Or Kepler Bradley as he wanted to coach the first Giraffe to play footy
:lol:

Funnily enough Kepler is starting to look okay over there at Fremantle. Perhaps he was just too raw to be playing senior footy in his time at Bomberland.

We had guys like Hird and Lloyd in the side that must have been paid big contracts circa 2001 along with that crazy 5 year deal to Mark Mercuri. I still cant believe we lost Heffernan, Blumfield and Cara but I remember many aspersions were cast about their value on this very forum. Their form had been spasmodic throughout 2002.

I found this piece from Esssendon;

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/email-trade.html

I think the worst recruiting move was Shane Zantuck. That was a disgrace.

We lost Mercuri, Misiti, Barnard and Wellman all too quickly and Sheedy seems to be trying to fill their loss with experienced players like Camporeale and Mal Michael. When you compare our ability to keep our 2000 group together with the current Geelong side - its truly is lamentable. However a lot of our guys I think were older in 2000 than than their lot were in 2007.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

mhbomber wrote:Or Kepler Bradley as he wanted to coach the first Giraffe to play footy

Funnily enough Kepler is starting to look okay over there at Fremantle. Perhaps he was just too raw to be playing senior footy in his time at Bomberland.
Or perhaps he wasn't being played in the positions he should have been (backline ??? OMG)
Heheheheh ... there's a long list of dud recruits from about this time ... my fave is Cole - for all the angst in here about the snacking habits of Laycock and Neagle, RC took the cake... and the after dinner mints, and the pavlova and the choccies ...

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Or Kepler Bradley as he wanted to coach the first Giraffe to play footy

We had guys like Hird and Lloyd in the side that must have been paid big contracts circa 2001 along with that crazy 5 year deal to Mark Mercuri. I still cant believe we lost Heffernan, Blumfield and Cara but I remember many aspersions were cast about their value on this very forum. Their form had been spasmodic throughout 2002.

I found this piece from Esssendon;

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/email-trade.html

We lost Mercuri, Misiti, Barnard and Wellman all too quickly and Sheedy seems to be trying to fill their loss with experienced players like Camporeale and Mal Michael. When you compare our ability to keep our 2000 group together with the current Geelong side - its truly is lamentable. However a lot of our guys I think were older in 2000 than than their lot were in 2007.
A lot of our players lost their mojo after 2001 including the guys that were traded. I never thought that Blumfield, Heff, Cara, Morcroft and Hardwick were ever real stand out superstars but thats not what a great team is all about - they made our bottom 11 players just that much better than any other club's bottom 11 players. Once they went, we tried to fill their spots with guys like Bullen and McGrath, Bannister and Richards, Harvey and Davies. They just werent good enough. The reason why our 2000 team was so strong is that we had 1genuine guns (Hird, Lloyd, Misiti, Fletcher, Wellman, Long, Bewick, Lucas, Ramanauskas, Barnes, Jason Johnson,) supported by a great second 11 (Caracella, Solomon, Moorcroft, M Johnson, Blumfield, Alessio, Barnard, Wallis, Hardwick, Heffernan)