Laycock ready to MONSTER THE AFL

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Laycock ready to MONSTER THE AFL

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I really hope that Jason gets his body (and maybe attitude) right in 2010. Could quite easily be a dangerous forward option for us and is a very very handy #3 ruckman.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

We've heard this from the club before, that Laycock is looking cherry-ripe and all set for a big year. Hopefully 2010 is the year the penny finally drops for the big fella and it all comes together for him.

This guy has the talent, no question. Has some of the best hands below his knees I've ever seen on a man his size.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The words of John Kennedy ring so very loud and true about Laycock.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Until we see form from any of our "other" ruckmen, it's still Paddy for me.

Hille is a big bloke, and has had his knee reconstructed. I hope he comes back well and truly firing but I fear that's a tall order.

Laycock has an injury that almost finished Hird, has finished Egan and will possibly finish Croad. He must be taking ginger steps....
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:The words of John Kennedy ring so very loud and true about Laycock.

I never realised it was John Kennedy who said "any chance of you even pretending like you care out there son?".
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:The words of John Kennedy ring so very loud and true about Laycock.

I never realised it was John Kennedy who said "any chance of you even pretending like you care out there son?".
It was one of his lesser known quotes :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:

Perhaps it was Barass when he was talking to "Daryl" and "Keith".....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmlVMnLZhRM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmlVMnLZhRM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:lol:
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Boy coaching has changed.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The club has perservered with Laycock because it is all to rare that you get a bloke of his size who can take a good grab and slot a 50m goal to back up rucking duties.

Plenty has been written about his endeavour and next year there will be no hiding. It is make or break.

There is enough natural talent there for him to make it. It's between the ears that will dictate whether he can.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark