Captain Jobe

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: Captain Jobe

Post by Madden »

"and finally, to accept his medallion and the premiership cup - Number 4 - Joooooooobe Watsooooooonnnnnnnnnnn"
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

fantastic decision, im very happy with him and the VC in Welsh, right direction!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:Was that meant to be funny Windy?

All I'm saying is, he has worked hard to get where he is, and he only got to that point last year. Taking on the extra workload could have a detrimental effect on his own game. Could very well happen.
My point is Gimpy that he does all the things a good captain should be doing anyway - in other words it comes naturally to him. I doubt it will affect his game one little bit
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jobe is a worthy Capn ... his communication skills and diplomacy are top notch. BTW - this IMO is clearly another step out of the Sheedy Shadow... enuf said (wonder if Sheeds will have another media shot).

RE the Vice Capn... my sentimental fave was/is Fletch ... even if just for a year to reward a champion and a loyal servant of the club.

But I think the thing that tipped Welsh into the job was loyalty ... with a capital L. From reports - he stood up against his agent and took a lesser deal (than may have been offered if he played hardball) to stay with his club. The Leadership team and the club clearly have put values first and foremost. Yes there may be questions as to whether he will regain his previous onfield form - but in terms of setting standards and expectations for the rest of the team, based on his own experiences - Welsh is a very good choice.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Who was his Manager Sti?

Well done Jobe,Congratulations and Good Luck.Here's hoping you top the Old man's efforts and as a result,HOLD THAT CUP Aloft.Actually,better make that 2.We won the Night Comp in 1990. :mrgreen:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

grassy1 wrote:Who was his Manager Sti?

Well done Jobe,Congratulations and Good Luck.Here's hoping you top the Old man's efforts and as a result,HOLD THAT CUP Aloft.Actually,better make that 2.We won the Night Comp in 1990. :mrgreen:
Dan Richardson, of Elite Sports Properties

Read between the lines in this article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... public_rss

Looking at their clients - they appear to have a large number of "new" talent - and apart from Didak, Pavlich and Ottens ... seem to draw most of their "Stars" from the Crows, Port and Essendon ... Representing - Lloyd, McVeigh, Monfries, Stanton, Houli, Dempsey and Welsh. http://www.elitesports.com.au/Talent_Search.aspx

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Very happy with the decision. Congratulations, Jobe.

Not so convinced about Welshy as VC (would have gone with Hille myself),
but let's just see how it goes.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Good decision. I think Hille would have captained the club but for the knee injury and McVeigh but for the boozing. I think that Jobe is an appointment with one eye on the future and I think he'll do a great job.