Anzac Day Massacre Pre Game Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Anzac Day Massacre Pre Game Discussion

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:in: stanton, McVeigh, Howlett
out: Lonergan (needs more game time in the 2's), Welsh (forever), Houli (just not up to it)
I'd go with that.

Put McVeigh in the backline and let Slattery have a run in the middle, at least in the first half.

Perhaps switch Dempsey and someone else too, perhaps NLM, who used to play half-back and let Dempsey also be released from the pressure of the backline.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:i can't wait for the game and as im expecting a loss im going to enjoy myself (easier said then done)

the start of the game both teams being 0-0 is going to be bliss :D
how can you enjoy yourself expecting a loss to the filth. are you a masochist?
I'm just thankful its anzac day, so there will be plenty of beer and 2 up to keep my spirits up.
cause it's my first ever Anzac day, and never experienced the MCG at full capacity
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The discussion on here before ANZAC day last year was all doom and gloom after the North loss and we played much better. I'm expecting a huge effort from our players, the last three weeks have been total shite.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

robrulz5 wrote:The discussion on here before ANZAC day last year was all doom and gloom after the North loss and we played much better. I'm expecting a huge effort from our players, the last three weeks have been total shite.
Problem is I don't think it is necessarily 'effort' thats missing. the dons skills just are not up to it.

Collingwood are going to run riot, when they are up they are a very very good team, and they are definetly up at the moment.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:The discussion on here before ANZAC day last year was all doom and gloom after the North loss and we played much better. I'm expecting a huge effort from our players, the last three weeks have been total shite.

We were gifted that game - yes it was a great effort by our boys but in all reality, we should never have won
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Windy_Hill wrote:

We were gifted that game - yes it was a great effort by our boys but in all reality, we should never have won
I disagree, I think the dons played well.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

In: Stanton, McVeigh, Neagle
Out: Slattery, Lonergan, Colyer

We desperately missed Stants last week. McVeigh to come back in and play Slattery's role.

I really hope Reimers comes up as he will be absolutely crucial.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I'm assuming Angus won't be ready until at least next week. Have to see how Stants pulls up also. If he is right to go:

Out: Lonergan, Colyer, Melksham, Williams
In: Stanton, Mcveigh, Prismall, Davey

Have really liked the look of the young guys, but against a seasoned Magpie team, think we need some bigger bodies.

Don't care if Williams is a lead up forward, if you don't mark the ball you are expected to chase and put pressure on.

Lonergan, just too many clangers in that game.

Maybe Atkinson should be considered? Has been ok in the VFL, whereas Prismall hasn't done much at all in the last two weeks. Davey has been fairly good for the last two weeks, maybe give him another opportunity at senior level, see if he can now pick the ball up.

Myers was the best Essendon listed player on the weekend in the VFL, i'd assume his name will come into consideration. If he comes in, give him some time in the midfield. He looks fairly good around stoppages.

For the love of god this week, put players in their best positions, or the positions they are being groomed to play. i.e. Dyson is not a defender, neither in Winderlich. Both midfielder / wingers. Hurley - FF. Gumby - CHF. Only if they are resting should they change, or we are getting smashed and we need to try somethng else.

Also, can we please have someone inside 50 at all times! Leave Hurley one out! The amount of times we got the turn over, only to have nobody to kick to. This ends up in overuse of the handball, or the opposition flooding back. Either way we turn it over!
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

williams was good at the G against Carlton, and kicks straight. I think he should stay in the side.
davey should come in. by all reports played well for bendigo and that was after taking the flight to and from perth.

I'll be doing a lot of this during the week...and i'm not usually a religous person.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

carn the dons.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

danstar84 wrote:
Also, can we please have someone inside 50 at all times! Leave Hurley one out! The amount of times we got the turn over, only to have nobody to kick to. This ends up in overuse of the handball, or the opposition flooding back. Either way we turn it over!
Yes!

How f***'n stupid did it look when Reimers was running towards goal and was being confronted at about 70 metres out - with no-one ahead of him! So he had to try and kick the living shit out of the ball in an attempt to roll it through.....which died about 5 metres out of goal before Freo cleared. That is unacceptable bullshit in my book.
Essendunny
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

BenDoolan wrote:
danstar84 wrote:
Yes!

How f***'n stupid did it look when Reimers was running towards goal and was being confronted at about 70 metres out - with no-one ahead of him! So he had to try and kick the living shit out of the ball in an attempt to roll it through.....which died about 5 metres out of goal before Freo cleared. That is unacceptable bullshit in my book.
Are we good enough to use Ryder as a resting full forward when hes not playing ruck. leave him one out in the 50 arc?

I think Paddy is about to turn the corner form wise and could be our best in the next month of footy.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Howlett was injured on the w/e. Probably miss.

It's a new game, on a new day.

We play better at the G than anywhere I think and tend to play better when least expected. I hope that's how it works this Sunday.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:

What rubbish. If it wasn't for our poor kicking in the 3rd quarter, the game would have been over by 3/4 time. I think the scores were level at half time as well. Collingwood got out to a lead late in the game and tried to shut up shop.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

What rubbish. If it wasn't for our poor kicking in the 3rd quarter, the game would have been over by 3/4 time. I think the scores were level at half time as well. Collingwood got out to a lead late in the game and tried to shut up shop.
Plus we were down our main ruckman since the first few minutes of the game. Gutsy effort by Ryder to control the ruck and around the ground - it was a victory that was well deserved!
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Another great call from the Middle East..

We kicked their ar$e in the first half, just didn't make it count on the board. We were running out of legs towards the end the 3rd. But, we dug deep and the pies $hit themselves. How the hell was it gifted?
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Will a team of slow payers who kick the ball to advantage , beat a team of fast players who have poor disposal .??. Every time my friend, every time. Surely the bsll move through the air faster than any muppet can run with it. ??.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.