Hooker is a bum

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Hooker is a bum

Post by Jazz_84 »

i was happy with hooker, my only concern was he let him get in front a bit too far on a few occasions

anyone that thinks Zaka had a bad game is dead set kidding themselves!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:
anyone that thinks Zaka had a bad game is dead set kidding themselves!!!
Yes, this is the other comment that should win awards...
Id also be giving zaharakis a spell next week...missed goals...and nothing else meaningful to keep him in the team
He's only our leading goal kicker this season, so lets dump him. True that he has missed easy goals, but if he nails them, he would be leading our goal kicking by even more.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I thought Hooker did a pretty good job on Buddy last night. 5 goals against instead of 8 or 9 is a pretty good effort and it allowed Fletch to completely towel up Roughie!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Who said drop Zaharakis? The kid is playing well at the moment, just can't seem to kick goals from set shots. Runs hard up the ground and for his size is an extremely good mark overhead, kind of reminds me of Mark Mercuri.

Needs to nail the set shots from 30-40m out though to really stamp himself and give him alot more confidence.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

The best passage of play I reckon I've seen all year was Buddy getting hands to ball twice and getting taken down quick-smart by Hooker within a thirty second passage of play. He tried his guts out.

Sometimes it's not a defender playing badly, but a forward playing well. No sane opposition supporter would have called their defender a "bum" when Lloydy kicked a bag on him.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

swoodley wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:Absolute bum of a footballer and weve got sucked in from last year. Id prefer Thomas Murphy Wallsy!!!
You are a moron...Hooker played on their best player and kept him relatively quiet. Franklin got 2-3 of his goals from soft umpiring decisions but had little overall impact. Hooker kept to his guns all night and ended up taking Franklin out of the contest.
I still have "OH Shit" moments with Hooks, but the raw commitment the guy shows together with improving levels of skill have convinced me that he will be a good, solid backman. You just cannot find blokes of this height who are mobile and quick on trees. I used to think that same of Kevin Walsh and he ended up with a Victorian jumper.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:
swoodley wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:Absolute bum of a footballer and weve got sucked in from last year. Id prefer Thomas Murphy Wallsy!!!
You are a moron...Hooker played on their best player and kept him relatively quiet. Franklin got 2-3 of his goals from soft umpiring decisions but had little overall impact. Hooker kept to his guns all night and ended up taking Franklin out of the contest.
I still have "OH Shit" moments with Hooks, but the raw commitment the guy shows together with improving levels of skill have convinced me that he will be a good, solid backman. You just cannot find blokes of this height who are mobile and quick on trees. I used to think that same of Kevin Walsh and he ended up with a Victorian jumper.

He's better than Spitfire already Rock - just needs the handlebar mo and he'll be perfect :D
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Rubbish post of the worst kind...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:I used to think that same of Kevin Walsh and he ended up with a Victorian jumper.
Often as first ruck if what I've been told is correct.

Remind me who was the Vics' coach. :lol:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

bomberflyer wrote:Id also be giving zaharakis a spell next week...missed goals...and nothing else meaningful to keep him in the team.

the interesting thing about this thread is that it shows that the great choice to follow essendon is not necessarily indicative of an intelligent person.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Fantastic Post :oops: :oops:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

the guy who posted this hasnt shown his face since. I would imagine severe embarassment has kept him from coming nack to Bombertalk.

I say all is forgiven. We all say stupid things from time to time (well, all the time if you are Gimps) so please come back!?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:the guy who posted this hasnt shown his face since. I would imagine severe embarassment has kept him from coming nack to Bombertalk.

I say all is forgiven. We all say stupid things from time to time (well, all the time if you are Gimps) so please come back!?
Think the bloke was an opposition troll personally.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:the guy who posted this hasnt shown his face since. I would imagine severe embarassment has kept him from coming nack to Bombertalk.

Think the bloke was an opposition troll personally.
168 Posts - thats a committed troll.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Hahaha. Didn't look at that part, just read the tripe in this thread.