Name & Shame; Softcocks

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Name & Shame; Softcocks

Post by BenDoolan »

Malky wrote:I think it's not so much those who are "softcocks" but more so terribly soft with their disposal and the manner in which they cough it up to the opposition, time after time. So often it results in goals to the opposition.

I'm talking Stanton (get off his bandwagon - all the stats point to the fact that while he gets it, he gives it away more often!); Prismall (can't hit a target 15m away with no pressure? Piss off back to Bendigo for a month!); NLM (love the aggression in the middle but constantly puts team mates under the pump with idiotic handballs with someone on their tail); Melksham (he's a kid, granted - but take possession before using it - ditch the butter fingers); Hille (what has happened? 8 months out of the game sapped his will to be a footballer anymore?); Dempsey (dropping sitter after sitter and turning the ball over/poor decision making).

Anyone care to continue on with this list?
Not really. Why bother?

Do you think the opposition has perfect disposal? Do you think that they never have brain fades? Do you think they always make the right decisions?

Today, we had better disposal efficiency than Port - even though they ARE a better side than us. Deal with it.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Yawn.

Same bullshit different loss.

To those of you who only follow Essendon because they've had so much success in the past... good luck with that.

To those of us who love the red and black when they TRY... win lose or draw... join me ;)

All I ask is that they try. We can't always have the cattle on the paddock to win every game, everyone has their time in the light. I'm just thankful my team has had more success than nearly all others.

Sorry Filth but this crap is the reason I avoid BT after a loss.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dempsey is a HBF, not a close checking small backman ala McVeigh and to a certain extent Slattery.

Dempsey gives us drive but he has been ordinary this year. Usually clean with his hands, he has been fumbling more than Davey this year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I have said my bit on Prismall!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Megan wrote:Yawn.

Same bullshit different loss.

To those of you who only follow Essendon because they've had so much success in the past... good luck with that.

To those of us who love the red and black when they TRY... win lose or draw... join me ;)

All I ask is that they try. We can't always have the cattle on the paddock to win every game, everyone has their time in the light. I'm just thankful my team has had more success than nearly all others.

Sorry Filth but this crap is the reason I avoid BT after a loss.
=D>

Yep. Hat's off to you Megs. Well said.

I'd hate to be fighting in the trenches with some of the good folks on here...

:shock:
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Filthy wrote: In any event Dempsey is a wingman/mid, not a defenders asshole.
True enough. I was sitting in the back pocket at Jihad yesterday and I swear Dempsey cost us almost every goal scored against us in the 1st quarter. He was always way off his man when they marked near our goals. Couldn't understand why the hell he wasn't dragged. He played better in the second half off when he was up the ground, but geez he needs a spell in the twos to work on his defensive game.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:I'd hate to have some of these guys playing for Essendon watching my back in the trenches and some posters here who think its OK when players drop easy uncontested marks 20-30m off their goal line because of percieved pressure and don't go hard at contests all day long, and think its shitty to pick them up on it. :roll:

In any event Dempsey is a wingman/mid, not a defenders asshole.

This I agree with. It's our ******* club, and if any of us had the ability, we'd give both nuts to play for it. Some of our blokes act like it's our privelage that we have them there.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We all know Dempsey is a talented player but he really doesn't work hard enough on sticking with an opponent. How hard is it to make sure you stand next to someone with a different jumper on? Especially when they have the damn ball!