Melksham

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Re: Melksham

Post by bomberflyer »

Recovered well after a shaky start. He needs continuity before we can make a judgement call on his career. You really need to play a string of back to back games to learn the game at AFL level and to get the confidence to know you're good enough at that level.

I think the biggest let down and underperformer at the moment is Prismall. He is not hard enough at the footy for my liking. A few times he allowed the ball to get out of the pack on the defensive side which resulted in Saints Inside 50s.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

DC2 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
doogle wrote:Should get a rising star nomination soon.

Colyer shows some good signs too.

Even Myers looked ok today.
Myers looks completely lost. Doesn't know what he is doing. I'll give him one more chance, then he is done for mine.
I agree, Myers is still hopeless. Im afraid he is just another top 10 draft pick down the drain.
Myers was shaky to start with but I thought was OK for the bulk of the day and worked well with Fletch (who doesn't). Needs a few more games to get confidence.

Worth perservering with.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Would like to see Myers run as a tagger over the next few weeks. Has height and speed (both plusses over Welsh).

This may run him into form.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Last night was the first time I've been able to have a good look at Melksham and I liked what I saw. He had so much poise for such a young player and a couple of his 1 percenters were excellent. I was also pretty impressed with the way he kept hard at it even though it appeared that his ankle was bothering him.

Keep it up young man. =D>
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He was good again. The more games he gets the more he will improve, looks like we have a good player in the making.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

He JUST KNOWS WHAT TO DO ,& finds the time & space to do it.

He is fast becoming to having the best disposal in the team. When he gets his fitness up he will an A Grader.

He could be a chance to winning the NAB award this year if he keeps the standard up.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Poise is the immediate word that comes to mind.
He has a reasonable tank already too...he often runs following the ball, staying with the play and providing assistance and options.
He's also not afraid to try the occasional tricky move in a tight position, which his poise allows him to do.
I like his kicking...nice and straight, and measured. Not too hurried just yet. POISE.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I reckon if we look back on the 09 draft, getting Melksham at pick 10 was a great result.

the fact that in his first season, with only a handful of games. there actually is a bit of a hole in the side with him out.

(out for 1-2 weeks injured as per the efc website)