NLM

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: NLM

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
He wouldnt have got a game in our last Premiership year.
Not many of our current players would have.
Probably Fletcher. Oh wait....
Essendunny
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

Haha quality banter from the Gimpster!! Robbie is on the ropes I'd say...

But on to NLM aka the Disco Kid...what a great trier he is and really excelling himself this year. Would have been right in his element in 2000 as well, me thinks and certainyl would have beena part of that team. He ain;t going to win a premiership, but he deserves one.

He is certainly in our top this year...name those better. I can only think of Watson and Fletcher...NLM is probably number 3 behind those two!

Go DIsco Murray and a big "f*** you" to all the haters out there!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Gimps wrote: I watched the replay of the 3rd quarter, he DID rip port a new arsehole for the 1st half of that quarter,
Did you watch any other part of the game? I know you dont get to the footy much these days. Yoralla only letting you out on supervised excursions and all.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Old mate wrote:Haha quality banter from the Gimpster!! Robbie is on the ropes I'd say...

But on to NLM aka the Disco Kid...what a great trier he is and really excelling himself this year. Would have been right in his element in 2000 as well, me thinks and certainyl would have beena part of that team. He ain;t going to win a premiership, but he deserves one.

He is certainly in our top this year...name those better. I can only think of Watson and Fletcher...NLM is probably number 3 behind those two!

Geez Gimps, do you really need your Burmese lady boy to come in and help you out? :wink:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:
Gimps wrote: I watched the replay of the 3rd quarter, he DID rip port a new arsehole for the 1st half of that quarter,
Did you watch any other part of the game? I know you dont get to the footy much these days. Yoralla only letting you out on supervised excursions and all.
Yoralla, another great call.

I've made sacrifices the past couple of weeks to ensure that my brothers' business doesn't go down the tube. Fair excuse that. If something like this, or a wedding, does not happen, I'm at every game (except for Perth).

And anyway, who are you to talk? You watch every game on farken TV! Doesn't your Daddy let you out of your Fritzl-like dungeon?

And Roberto, lay off the Burmese jibes, it's not funny - the last bloke to mention something about my girlfriends' background ended up kissing a concrete wall.. Just call him a lady boy, I don't mind that.

And no, I don't need Old Mates help, nor did I ask for it. Think it goes to show that NLM has got fans out there, and non-fans that will admit he is playing good footy at the moment.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Gimps wrote: the last bloke to mention something about my girlfriends' background ended up kissing a concrete wall.. Just call him a lady boy, I don't mind that.
Ah yes, the threat of violence, I knew that was coming, the last gasp of the witless internet hero.

You dont like rasicm directed at your loved ones do you? At refugees it's ok though right?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:
Gimps wrote: the last bloke to mention something about my girlfriends' background ended up kissing a concrete wall.. Just call him a lady boy, I don't mind that.
Ah yes, the threat of violence, I knew that was coming, the last gasp of the witless internet hero.

You dont like rasicm directed at your loved ones do you? At refugees it's ok though right?
I made no threat of violence, what would be the use of that when you are locked away in your dungeon where nobody can find you? Merely stating what happened to the last bloke that did it. He was in front of me, you're hidden behind a computer screen..

Don't know how many times I have to say it, my views on 'boat people' (not refugees) has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with the fact that they are coming here without going through the right channels. There are thousands of people in refugee camps around the world that are waiting to come to Australia - these farkers on the boats are merely cutting in line. That's what I don't like.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Yes, of course it wasnt a veiled threat. 30% of the people in here know where I stand when i go to the footy, so I will let you know when I am down from interstate, and if your brother is back on his feet, I'll buy you a beer, and tell you what a dick head you are. :wink:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:Yes, of course it wasnt a veiled threat. 30% of the people in here know where I stand when i go to the footy, so I will let you know when I am down from interstate, and if your brother is back on his feet, I'll buy you a beer, and tell you what a dick head you are. :wink:
Ha ha.. Not a problem. I'll do the same for you..

We could have a bet.. Every good thing NLM does, you buy me a beer. Every $hit thing he does, I'll buy you one... Tipping we will need a mediator though, otherwise we will argue til the cows come home and walk out sober :wink:
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

robbie67 wrote:
Old mate wrote:Haha quality banter from the Gimpster!! Robbie is on the ropes I'd say...

Geez Gimps, do you really need your Burmese lady boy to come in and help you out? :wink:
Are you calling me a Burmese lady boy Robbie67?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Old mate wrote: Are you calling me a Burmese lady boy Robbie67?
Apparently I'm only calling you a "lady boy".
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Gimps wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Yes, of course it wasnt a veiled threat. 30% of the people in here know where I stand when i go to the footy, so I will let you know when I am down from interstate, and if your brother is back on his feet, I'll buy you a beer, and tell you what a dick head you are. :wink:
Ha ha.. Not a problem. I'll do the same for you..

We could have a bet.. Every good thing NLM does, you buy me a beer. Every $hit thing he does, I'll buy you one... Tipping we will need a mediator though, otherwise we will argue til the cows come home and walk out sober :wink:
I actually want him to succeed. I did give him 5 votes against Hawthorn, but once again on the weekend he did what he has done so many times before. I understand that he is not a high draft pick, and all of that, but some people really do carry on like he is far better than he actually is. I have been doing the Bombertalk B&F votes for 7 years in here, and this week will be the first time he has ever been in our best 5 players on two consecutive weeks. He had some mates, but he was truly awful against Collingwood when the heat was in the game. It has unfortunately been the story of his career, and while he may have improved over the past two years, it's now 1 good game, followed by 1 reasonable game, followed by 1 rubbish game. It used to be 1 reasonable game, followed by 3 rubbish games, so in that sense, yes he is better. No way does he make it into that 22 in 2000 though.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I also understand that he can put in a woeful performance when he wants to. But, I won't give it to him for being shite on ANZAC Day when he had 21 mates out there doing the same thing. If think if he was allowed to play a more natural game, he would be much better off. Handballing and short kicks isn't his forte. He's the type that wants to bust open a pack, pick up the ball, and kick the ball long - the way it was meant to be. You can tell he is not comfortable with our current gameplan, it is making him look for shite options, when he should be playing footy the way it should be.

Without any interuptions through injury or suspension, this should be his best year at the club. If he lifts, the whole team will lift. We need a few more of the senior players showing the passion that he does - yes, he farks up a bit, but so do the rest of them.
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

robbie67 wrote:
Old mate wrote: Are you calling me a Burmese lady boy Robbie67?
Apparently I'm only calling you a "lady boy".

Hahaha ...toughen up princess. What'd I ever do to you? vingertje
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Who would make the cut into that 2000 team? Jobe, Ryder and possibly Hille would be only ones with any chance. I think even Jobe would struggle to crack that midfield unit.

Fletch MIGHT get in....
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

Sismis wrote:Who would make the cut into that 2000 team? Jobe, Ryder and possibly Hille would be only ones with any chance. I think even Jobe would struggle to crack that midfield unit.

Fletch MIGHT get in....
Hypothetically, I don't think Watson would have...Misiti played the same type of game and was better in my opinion. Wouldn't have needed a replacement for him. Hille I think would have struggled too - Rucks were Allesio and Barnes...again, better than Hille. Yeah maybe Ryder could ahve slotted in as an athletic utility...

Butb I rekcon NLM would ahve had more chance of fitting in...being ahardman utility...would ahve been competing with the likes of Blumfield, Barnard, Solomon for a spot...Gary Morecroft was probably luckiest to be in there...was the token goal sneak forward really...probably wasn't a lot of competition for his spot...

Whowas a better team...Bombers 2000 vs Brisbane Bears 2001-2003 vs West Coast of 2006 vs Geelong of last few years...thoughts?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:Who would make the cut into that 2000 team? Jobe, Ryder and possibly Hille would be only ones with any chance. I think even Jobe would struggle to crack that midfield unit.

Fletch MIGHT get in....
It's like comparing apples with oranges.. Totally different game back then.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I'm just saying it is no slight to be overlooked for that team and an extremely tough mark to pass.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Old mate wrote:
Who was a better team...Bombers 2000 vs Brisbane Bears 2001-2003 vs West Coast of 2006 vs Geelong of last few years...thoughts?
I think the current Geelong team is pretty special, although how can you go past 3 flags in a row from Brisbane.

premierships are the only currency which mean anything.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Current Geelong outfit has won more home games in a row than any team in AFL/VFL history. Fair effort that considering they play quite a few of them at neutral venues.