No passengers = Good Football

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: No passengers = Good Football

Post by Windy_Hill »

stryper wrote:...
Has the gameplan changed?

YES YES YES!!!!!!

It is very clear that the players have been told to play more directly - so all the angst from Fans and Media has done the trick and Knights has got this team focused on a far more achievable and appropriate playing style

Had we all sat around going well, its our beloved Bombers so fair cop, I dont mind if they play like sheilas then maybe, just maybe nothing would have changed!!

Best thing that has happened to Knights is being told to pull his finger out and stop trying to be DAvid Copperfield - you cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit so work with what you have and its pleasing to see the team doing this.

But hey, lets not forget the disaster that was th Port Adelaide game - these guys still have a long way to go
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
stryper wrote:...
Has the gameplan changed?

YES YES YES!!!!!!

It is very clear that the players have been told to play more directly - so all the angst from Fans and Media has done the trick and Knights has got this team focused on a far more achievable and appropriate playing style

Had we all sat around going well, its our beloved Bombers so fair cop, I dont mind if they play like sheilas then maybe, just maybe nothing would have changed!!

Best thing that has happened to Knights is being told to pull his finger out and stop trying to be DAvid Copperfield - you cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit so work with what you have and its pleasing to see the team doing this.

But hey, lets not forget the disaster that was th Port Adelaide game - these guys still have a long way to go
HERE HERE!! =D>
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

The gameplan has not changed. The players are now executing it, that is the only change.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:The gameplan has not changed. The players are now executing it, that is the only change.

Dont agree and neither do the coachin staff who have openly said that the players have been asked to be more direct. It is very apparent that the team has been trying to execute a more direct style of play. The problems start to occur when they slip back into the keepings off crazy handball style. Execution is key but even good execution of a flawed game plan is a road to nowhere. I reckon Knights is starting to see that a balanced approach to the game - eg equal amounts offense and defense are key
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Sismis wrote:The gameplan has not changed. The players are now executing it, that is the only change.
Last night the players didn't handball to a player standing still (apart from once in the first quarter) which helped us become more direct. The handballs through the middle of the ground was excellent to players running forward. It allowed us to be more direct and give our tall forwards a chance and it worked with Hille kicking 4 and Ryder 3.

So I agree, the gameplan hasn't changed alot but the players are now being a bit smarter.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Was McVeigh not a passenger?

I guess if you do your best to lose the game for your team you are not.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

FWIW I thought we carried Stanton too.

And when he had a chance to set up a goal he f**** it thinking he's Hirdy.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.