Grant Locked Up

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Grant Locked Up

Post by Crazyman »

Poor effort from a coach IMHO...also interesting to see that Skippy has been named as coach together with the relevant EFC assistants...

Be interesting to see what effect this has on the team and would love to Skippy do well...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hurley can feel rightly aggrieved I reckon.

2 weeks....pfft -laughable.

This guy should get himself a lottery ticket
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

I ask the question, should he have been at the MCG on Saturday night in the coaches box ?

Knights , when coaching Bendigo , was in Sheeds coaching box whenever he was available.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hurley can feel rightly aggrieved I reckon.

Slightly different though. Hurley was charged with assault.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

The Bendigo cops used to be F****** useless. During National Chamipnships for University Games, a mate of mine got king hit for no reason (yes, no reason, we had never seen the guy before, or on that night), and a brawl was the result. My mate ended up in hospital for 3 days, and I put one of this dickhead's mates in hospital after demolishing his face, right in front of the cops. 2 things, they didn't do jack shit about what happened to my mate, and they barely even questioned me. We both should have been charged.

Since then, a few extremely bad things have happened in Bendigo, a lot to do with alcohol-fueled violence. So now, they will jump on anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grant did sweet FA. And quite frankly, I don't really give a shit unless he did something that hurt another member of the public. To compare this to Hurley is nothing short of ludicrous, Grant was just pissed, Hurley kicked a bloke in the nads and didn't pay his fare.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:

Alright, Mark McVeigh then
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Alright, Mark McVeigh then
But McVeigh missed a compulsory training session because he was out on the piss - and that is a great sin when you are part of the leadership group. Grant was off duty because Bendigo Bombers weren't playing on the weekend. Had he turned up pissed / or missed part of a VFL game or a training session because he was locked up.....then that's a different story.

And besides, our players are disciplined by the EFC, and Grant by the Bendigo Bombers.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sorry Benny, cant agree. To me, you can actually cut some slack with the players (Young, dumb and full of....well you know what I mean). But regardless of whether Grant was on or off duty, its not good enough for a coach representing this club or its affiliates to get into a state where drinking gets you arrested??? C'mon, he must have been completely blotto, causing trouble or potentially risking his or someone elses safety for the coppers to put him in cuffs. Yep, its no big deal if you work in a bank, but when you are seen to be a senior role model for a group of young men in a sport where drunken behaviour is a MAJOR social issue....just not good enough and deserves more than 2 weeks R&R- in my opinion.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:I put one of this dickhead's mates in hospital after demolishing his face, right in front of the cops. 2 things, they didn't do jack shit about what happened to my mate, and they barely even questioned me. We both should have been charged.

You ever thought of taking some anger management classes? Just a suggestion. You and Barry could go together.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:I put one of this dickhead's mates in hospital after demolishing his face, right in front of the cops. 2 things, they didn't do jack shit about what happened to my mate, and they barely even questioned me. We both should have been charged.

You ever thought of taking some anger management classes? Just a suggestion. You and Barry could go together.
Hardly constitutes the need for anger management when you see a mate get king hit, then you have 6 or 7 other blokes try to do you in. The bloke in question above, gave me a swift punch to the back of the head when I wasn't looking, so I turned around and gave him one. This was at a time when I was trying to break the fight up as the Police had arrived. I was doing the 'right' thing at that stage. Fair to say I have the right to defend myself. What would you do? Talk it through with him and say something like "Please sir, please don't belt me in the back of the head, that hurt me deeply", whilst he winds up for another crack at you?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Hardly constitutes the need for anger management when you see a mate get king hit, then you have 6 or 7 other blokes try to do you in. The bloke in question above, gave me a swift punch to the back of the head when I wasn't looking, so I turned around and gave him one. This was at a time when I was trying to break the fight up as the Police had arrived. I was doing the 'right' thing at that stage. Fair to say I have the right to defend myself. What would you do? Talk it through with him and say something like "Please sir, please don't belt me in the back of the head, that hurt me deeply", whilst he winds up for another crack at you?

thank you Gimps

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

How do you class that as hook, line and sinker?

I was merely letting you know the justification for my actions after you suggested I go to Anger Management classes?

But fair to say, I did play my footy like Barry Hall the last couple of years. No Brent Staker action, but plenty of headlocks and roughing up :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Sorry Benny, cant agree. To me, you can actually cut some slack with the players (Young, dumb and full of....well you know what I mean). But regardless of whether Grant was on or off duty, its not good enough for a coach representing this club or its affiliates to get into a state where drinking gets you arrested??? C'mon, he must have been completely blotto, causing trouble or potentially risking his or someone elses safety for the coppers to put him in cuffs. Yep, its no big deal if you work in a bank, but when you are seen to be a senior role model for a group of young men in a sport where drunken behaviour is a MAJOR social issue....just not good enough and deserves more than 2 weeks R&R- in my opinion.
There's no real point in getting our knickers in a knot over this, however, Shannon Grant being locked up for being pissed doesn't necessarily mean it was for any bad reason. If he was being an absolute nuisance, menace or an anti-social idiot, he may very well have been charged with some offence. Seeing that he hasn't been, he should be given the benefit of the doubt if we don't know the full circumstances. He may very well have just been staggering all over the place and was a danger unto himself for the coppers to intervene and lock him up for the night for his own safety. If that's the case, no big deal IMO.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Wonder how his Mum Di is handling this.Met her last summer staying the weekend at one of my Cousin's house near the Bay.Not saying which one.Bit of a wag,but loved her footy.