Essendon v Western Bulldogs Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon v Western Bulldogs Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Post by ealesy »

Can I just say f*** YOU SCOTT THOMPSON, Barry Hall will kick a bag, Spud or Fletch will just have to look at him funny and the umpires will give him a free kick. Whoever plays on Lake has to force him to play accountable football and not allow him to set up play at will like he was able to against the Kangaroos.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if we win then that will mean we tackled hard and kicked goals.... go for the win boys!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote: Just as a side note.

If essendon win on friday night and Hawthorn beat Sydney(likely) & Geelong beat Melbourne(likely).

We will be in 8th.
need hawks to win by a bit and we have to win by a fair bit aswell to overtake sydney's %

if the hawks do win we'll see their heads explode and they will expect their premiership odds to be about $2.00

i hate hawthorn that much i wont mind seeing sydney belt the shit out of them
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

The key for us will be Hille & Ryder. If they can control the ruck and go forward for a few goals then we're a chance.
WB are a great rebounding side (ranked 2nd). If we keep turning the ball over or miss simple shots at goal then we're stuffed.

Haven't beaten them since 2005. Last yr the umps shafted us big time & their best players were Hahn (5 goals), Higgins, Cross, Boyd, BJohnson (30 poss).

We're ranked 1st in tackles and 2nd in contested possessions, whilst the Dogs are ranked 12th in both. If we can make then accountable then we may unsettle them.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The Dogs pretty much have dangerous players all over the ground, even guys like Jarred Grant who has only played a handful of games has been very dangerous. Dempsey would have been a good match-up for Grant but I think he'll need to play on Hill. Fletch or Pears will need to play on Hall and Hahn. Who will Spike play on?
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Jazz_84 wrote:
little_ripper wrote: Just as a side note.

If essendon win on friday night and Hawthorn beat Sydney(likely) & Geelong beat Melbourne(likely).

We will be in 8th.
need hawks to win by a bit and we have to win by a fair bit aswell to overtake sydney's %

if the hawks do win we'll see their heads explode and they will expect their premiership odds to be about $2.00

i hate hawthorn that much i wont mind seeing sydney belt the shit out of them
I went and watched Sydney last weekend, and they look very rusty. They have been hit hard with injuries and could get slaughtered by Hawthorn.

Mind you our percentage(mainly thanks to the piss poor anzac day effort) is awful, so even if hawthorn give sydney a right old touch up your probably right...we would be 9th on percentage with a win....
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

We've got no chance of being on top of Sydney this week.. We'd have to win by 10 goals, and they'd have to lose by 10 goals.

We could always barrack for Richmond and hope they beat Port? :wink:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Yeah but that is about as likely as a eunuch getting a root at a Nun Convention, isn't it Gimps?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

ealesy wrote:Yeah but that is about as likely as a eunuch getting a root at a Nun Convention, isn't it Gimps?
I think they have a better chance than that, but not much better :wink:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Sismis wrote:Winning a flag is everything. ATM We need to develop consistency. That is our no 1 priority.

I will take the win though! vingertje
Consistency is borne out of stability. While the team is on a mini streak I would like to see as few changes as possible. Looks like Jake has gone for a couple of weeks so that forces one change.

The thing we were unable to do againts Richmond is kick set goals. Surely Willo was picked for this purpose so FFS let's play him.

I do not want to see guys like NLM, Dyson, Slattery and Welsh automatically resume their places in the seniors just because they are available.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:
Sismis wrote:Winning a flag is everything. ATM We need to develop consistency. That is our no 1 priority.

I will take the win though! vingertje
Consistency is borne out of stability. While the team is on a mini streak I would like to see as few changes as possible. Looks like Jake has gone for a couple of weeks so that forces one change.

The thing we were unable to do againts Richmond is kick set goals. Surely Willo was picked for this purpose so FFS let's play him.

I do not want to see guys like NLM, Dyson, Slattery and Welsh automatically resume their places in the seniors just because they are available.
If NLM is available, he should come straight back in - Agree with the others though
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

In that case, NLM for Atkinson who struggled last week although I still have faith in him.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:In that case, NLM for Atkinson who struggled last week although I still have faith in him.
And probably Williams or Colyer for Melksham
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

You just know Mitch Hahn will have an absolute f*cking field day tomorrow night. He always does against us. TEXTA him in for three Brownlow votes now. :evil:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Just the one(expected) change

IN: Natrat
OUT: Melksham.

source efc website.

every game is important...but damn this one feels crucial. If we can upset a genuine top 4 side(in form...the saints weren't) it just shouts that the bombers are FINALS worthy.

(and a reason to get excited...ie we can do some damage in September).
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:I do not want to see guys like NLM, Dyson, Slattery and Welsh automatically resume their places in the seniors just because they are available.
Knights: “Kyle Reimers has not played for four weeks now so he would more likely to go to Bendigo on Sunday to play in the VFL to get a full four quarters under his belt."
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7488

Therefore Welsh should not be straight back in. Can't remember how long Slatts has been out. Wait for it though. :roll:

FWIW I wouldn't have any one of them back in now, unless Melksham isn't back next week. Our kids are doing alright, leave them in.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

i'd have reimers back in the side in a heatbeat. very surprised he has to do VFL time first. has been one of our best whenever he has played this year.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

little_ripper wrote:i'd have reimers back in the side in a heatbeat. very surprised he has to do VFL time first. has been one of our best whenever he has played this year.
He's missed four weeks and he needs to earn his spot just like everyone else these days.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

swoodley wrote:
little_ripper wrote:i'd have reimers back in the side in a heatbeat. very surprised he has to do VFL time first. has been one of our best whenever he has played this year.
He's missed four weeks and he needs to earn his spot just like everyone else these days.
Will Welsh???
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

j-mac31 wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Will Welsh???
Quite possibly
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012