Essendon Rumour Mill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon Rumour Mill

Post by s'dreams »

boncer34 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 am
BenDoolan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 am
boncer34 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 am
BenDoolan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:55 pm Hearing we’re considering getting Houli back at the club. At 32.

What has this club become? FMD
There's a reason why. Join the dots Benny.

Well actually there's 2 reasons and only 1 makes sense.
Get Houli in the hope of keeping Saad.

Or

Get Houli as a replacement for Saad.
I believe it's the first one. In addition to me it's a sign they think we're still close to a premiership.
Oh my f****** lord ... we have allegedly been close since 2011... My head hurts with all this winning
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I thought I heard a rumor that JoeD was supposed to have a press conference abo9ut his future by now...
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

s'dreams wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 pm I thought I heard a rumor that JoeD was supposed to have a press conference abo9ut his future by now...
He is not going anywhere..he has been appointed to the Board...under Sheeds' mentorship of course! :D
Image]
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Tim Watson:

“I made some calls yesterday and obviously I’m interested in what’s happening with Joe Daniher,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“I think he’s definitely going and absolutely think that based on all the feedback I got yesterday, I think he’ll land up at Brisbane and they’ve been talking to him for some time.”

:(

Why does Joe want to leave for? What was his reason for this?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

DC2 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm Tim Watson:

“I made some calls yesterday and obviously I’m interested in what’s happening with Joe Daniher,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“I think he’s definitely going and absolutely think that based on all the feedback I got yesterday, I think he’ll land up at Brisbane and they’ve been talking to him for some time.”

Premiership glory. He won’t get it at EFC. He will get it at Brizzy.

Plus there’s probably a myriad of other reasons.

We haven’t had him for the past couple of seasons anyway. He’s not fully committed. Time to POQ.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Premiership glory. He won’t get it at EFC. He will get it at Brizzy.

Plus there’s probably a myriad of other reasons.

We haven’t had him for the past couple of seasons anyway. He’s not fully committed. Time to POQ.
sydney arent close to winning anything either and he really wanted to go there last year too.

we better do what adelaide did with danger and make sure we get something for joe more than a compensation pick. adealide got Dean Gore as well as picks No.9 and No.28. paddy is obviously worth more than that, but they threatened to match any offer unless a decent trade was offered.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Why would you stay? We're a f****** rabble.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Last year windy hill said he heard joe had a problem with alcohol. you said that wasnt true and he wanted out for other reasons which you never elucidated, even though you were asked. So him wanting out last year had nothing to do with being a rabble. plus last year we did make finals without joe, fantasia, dev smith and heppel missing large chunks of the season, who are some of our better players when healthy (although dev smith was horrible for most of this season).
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

DC2 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Last year windy hill said he heard joe had a problem with alcohol. you said that wasnt true and he wanted out for other reasons which you never elucidated, even though you were asked. So him wanting out last year had nothing to do with being a rabble. plus last year we did make finals without joe, fantasia, dev smith and heppel missing large chunks of the season, who are some of our better players when healthy (although dev smith was horrible for most of this season).
Because the alcohol rumor was f****** absurd and it's been noted time and time again in the public that he wants out of the football fishbowl.

Why would you stay this year? We're f****** shit and our hopes have been rested on bringing in a 72 year old who was a genius but is as relevant in modern footy as you and me.

I'm surprised they aren't trampling over each other to get out.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

boncer34 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:48 pm
DC2 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 pm

Because the alcohol rumor was f****** absurd and it's been noted time and time again in the public that he wants out of the football fishbowl.

Why would you stay this year? We're f****** shit and our hopes have been rested on bringing in a 72 year old who was a genius but is as relevant in modern footy as you and me.

I'm surprised they aren't trampling over each other to get out.
Just picking up on the idea that *everyone* wants to get out.....
Doesn't say much for their confidence in Rutten and his game plan does it.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Nope!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Not Essendon but North could have a new coach tomorrow.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

boncer34 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:20 pm Not Essendon but North could have a new coach tomorrow.
Jesus - that would make us and look rock solid by comparison.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Would appear false
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Saad chooses Carlton.

The exodus begins.
Essendunny
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

s'dreams wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:02 am
dodgey wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:26 am Not a great draft year by all reports.

No underage footy to get a grasp on the talent... and a majority of those who might have gone high are tied to
Clubs via. NGA

And Dudoro would still screw up that many picks 🤣🤣
The private schools that Dodo loves still have their time trials don't they?
The next Mark Bolton unearthed running around Dendy Park 🤣🤣
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

mdso wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:38 pm
dodgey wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 pm Think... (well really hope) Zerrett stays.

The silence surrounding Saad and Daniher is alarmingly.

Just another Dudoro move.... probably trying to clear $$ to give Cameron $1.2m a season 🤬🤬

Cameron will not be coming to Essendon Apparently he had signed a long term deal with GWS.

Latest Rumour about Parish. We'd all better buy a a red and black jumper we might need to play next season. If it is true the club only has itself to blame. JoeDan is here one day and then might be gone tomorrow. Wait and see hide and seek.
Saad gone
Daniher basically gone
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Devon Smith looking for an out to "apparently".
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

nomolos wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:26 pm Devon Smith looking for an out to "apparently".
Thank heavens - it is an Essendon tradition for at least one of the leadership group to leave.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:51 pm
nomolos wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:26 pm Devon Smith looking for an out to "apparently".
Thank heavens - it is an Essendon tradition for at least one of the leadership group to leave.
Either Dev Smith is cooked - based on his recent horrible drop away in form or he doesn’t give a stuff.

Either way, not good. He was unbelievable in his first year so you would think it’s injury related. Am surprised he wants out if true.