f*** off..c***

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: f*** off..

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:Some shit may about to happen tomorrow. Rumour of an "explosive" story about to hit....
Us?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Some shit may about to happen tomorrow. Rumour of an "explosive" story about to hit....
Us?
This just in...

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hir ... 2hlvx.html

Bull shit.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Hird can do whatever he wants, he's not a player. Yawn.
A drug the players may allegedly have taken has been suggested for black listing but hasn't occurred. Double yawn.

Explosive as a wet lettuce leaf.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Caro you are a complete waste of space...
You will try to find any slight way to bring down our great club...
Karma biatch...
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

I fear for Hird

Lets not get too "one-eyed" about this, The Age has its lawyers and will not print anything that's too far off the mark. The old saying, "where there's smoke, there's fire" regrettably springs to mind

No matter what, it seems very clear that Hird and Goodwin were partaking in drug injections, albeit quite legally. But come on, coaches injecting banned supplements, it just doesn't sit right at a professional sporting club.

My problem with Hird is despite his magnificent leadership talents on the field, I have always held the impression that behind the "game face", there is a bit of a boy who wants to be one of the lads. Now before you go shooting me down for saying this, I should stress that I am a huge fan of James Hird. My son is not called James out of coincidence. I worry that he has got caught up in the whole club scene, the camaraderie, the mateship and allowed his guard to fall. A boss needs to keep his distance from the staff. Be friendly, be a mentor, but there is a line that should not be crossed. A boss cant for example sit with the staff agreeing that management sucks. He is management! Likewise a football coach should not be pushing to the front of the queue for his latest "hit" when several players have allegedly questioned the manner of the supplements being injected. Of course these charges remain allegations and one can only hope that they prove false.

I am afraid that the club is bigger than any one individual, even if the individual is a legend. If this was any other person, I would suggest that he should be stood down pending an outcome from the internal review. It galls me to say this but unless the club can very quickly put these allegations to sleep, then it looks very bad for all concerned. At the end of the day, my loyalties must rest with the players and the sooner their names are cleared and they can play the game with full confidence knowing tat they have done nothing wrong the better. If this means seeing Hird, Thompson and co depart, then sadly, that's what has to happen.

James HIrd will always remain legend of the football club whatever transpires. I truly hope for him, the club and the players that put their trust in his leadership that he will ultimately be proven innocent of any misjudgment.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

JockStraps wrote:I fear for Hird

Lets not get too "one-eyed" about this, The Age has its lawyers and will not print anything that's too far off the mark. The old saying, "where there's smoke, there's fire" regrettably springs to mind
Are these the same lawyers who apparently advised three Age journos that (allegedly) hacking private and personal information from a third party was legal ... and allegedly not anything similar to the actions of journos in the Murdoch press scandal in the UK?

I wouldn't be so certain that the Age has a strong defence against litegation if they are simply relying on the allegations of one person to discredit another while two different investigations are in progress and are yet to deliver their findings. Particularly given the observations made by Bouncer.

Cheers - s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

s'dreams wrote:
JockStraps wrote:I fear for Hird

Are these the same lawyers who apparently advised three Age journos that (allegedly) hacking private and personal information from a third party was legal ... and allegedly not anything similar to the actions of journos in the Murdoch press scandal in the UK?

I wouldn't be so certain that the Age has a strong defence against litegation if they are simply relying on the allegations of one person to discredit another while two different investigations are in progress and are yet to deliver their findings. Particularly given the observations made by Bouncer.

Cheers - s'd

I pray you are right
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

We are left to try and understand what is right and wrong in this whole claim yet no-one has yet come forward with any real evidence that anything improper was done, it is all hear-say. If all the claims made were true then surely it would not take "several months" to prove or disprove. I for one was under the impression that it was more the admistrative side of the issue that held the greatest offence yet quite openly such articles as this...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/s ... 6600844251

can appear in the media with no moral questions attached either by the media or the AFL.

If this incompetent AFL organization can not deliver correctly on Melbourne's match fixing "Tanking" issue then how will it be honestly able to deliver anything that resembles a correct finding in regards to our club. Ultimately I see that any final decision that is made by the AFL will eventually end up in the courts and the AFL dose not want that.
It just fell out of the sky
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Interesting on 3aw...

They iinterviewed the journo - who admitted that they based their allegation of Hird's impropriety on him using the WADA online self assessment checklist late last night. HE DID NOT VERIFY THIS WITH ANY AUTHORITY or anyone who is actually in a position to know the WADA or AFL rules.

They then interviewed the former head of ASADA (some Richard guy) ... who categorically stated that Hird did not do anything that contrenes the ASADA/WADA nor AFL codes. It may however contravene an EFC code of conduct... but unlikely. He also stated that the ellegations made by Dank about the players regime did not contravene the ASADA catch-all clause given these occurred before the WADA recommendation to consider banning the AOD allegedly administered to players. The guy did say that there may be some case to answer for poor administration by the club.

In short - an amaturish and poorly researched article replete with inaccuracies and wrongful allegations. Time for C. Wilson, as head football writer, to take responsibility for the inaccuracies in the story... and stand down.

Cheers - s'd
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

The name of the thread?

That name again?

Hey Caro...........
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think James is being a bit "pig headed"

:P
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

now we're in trouble - bolt is on our side!

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... egal_drug/
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

tonysoprano wrote:now we're in trouble - bolt is on our side!

It's a sad day when you find yourself agreeing with Bolt, isn't it!?
But I think he has a very good point - despite all this hoohah about "darkest day for Australian sport", here we are weeks and weeks later and still no one charged and nothing proved. Surely it is time to put up or shut up - i.e. actually charge someone with something and test it out in a court of law to see if there really is enough evidence to get a conviction, or else shut up (and maybe even apologide for smearing people's reputations!!).
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

billyduckworth wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:now we're in trouble - bolt is on our side!

It's a sad day when you find yourself agreeing with Bolt, isn't it!?
But I think he has a very good point - despite all this hoohah about "darkest day for Australian sport", here we are weeks and weeks later and still no one charged and nothing proved. Surely it is time to put up or shut up - i.e. actually charge someone with something and test it out in a court of law to see if there really is enough evidence to get a conviction, or else shut up (and maybe even apologide for smearing people's reputations!!).
Don't pretend Bolt has any sympathy for anyone other than the Federal Coalition. His Agenda is only to discredit the curent Federal Government and Federal Labour in general. He is a one trick pony that will use anyone or anything to prostitute his case.

He is Rupert's man.

And a great supporter of Lork Monckton - FFS!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

hop wrote:And a great supporter of Lork Monckton - FFS!!!!
Lord Mockyton .... now theres a man who should have used peptides.

cheers - s'd
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Been out at Windy Hill today and one thing I will say is that we are superbly led by Jobe Watson. Through all this furore, cameras watching their every move, all the questions etc etc, Jobe and Dyson Heppell posed for photos with a couple of young fans, and at the airport, said a few brief words and moved on. He and the players seem (at least on the outside) very calm and focused. I think a lot of that will come from Hird too.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

We have all rad the allegations and although we are all hopelessly comprimised with this furore, I have still yet to see a statement which categorically says, "Essendon players took illegal drugs."

We may be guilty of some poor management decisions and maybe some heads will roll as a result, but what we have seen so far is that the players took some substances which may be ultimately banned at a future date, which are currently not banned, or whose use is not recommended or were a "major health risk" No smoking gun there.

Based on allegations from a disgraced sports scientist who has an axe to grind with Hird and the EFC, we once again have that paragon of virtue and fair play, the delightful Caro, screaming for the claiming of yet another scalp she will no doubt hang from her bed post. That miserable piece of excrement, who delights in ruining careers through lies, innuendo and sensationalism seems to revel in this unfortunate mess. You can only wonder of she would be sticking her size 9 army boots into Richmond with so much enthusiasm if they were in the gun.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Can I just say f*** John Ralph.

Just read his article and he makes two ridiculous claims:

1. Being Essendon can't have it both ways in regards to Dank, meaning we can't say that everyone should believe him when he says that he didn't give Essendon players any banned substances, while stating he is on a crazy smear campaign when he suggests he did inject Hird and other coaches with WADA banned substances.

Well John, the media can't have it both ways as well. You've all pretty much dismissed his claims that he didn't give the players any banned substances, writing him off as a dody, mad, sports scientist, and have continued to fling shit at our club. But when he claims that he did give Hird and other coaches banned substances (which were prefectly legal for them to take) suddenly he is a pillar of truth and honesty. What a crock!!

2. Apparently Hirdy must publically come clean about all supplements he has taken because it is what the supporters, players and club need him to do. f*** of dipshit, don't tell us as supporters, or the players or the f****** club what they need Hird to do. From what I've heard today, about 100% of supporters and everyone involved in the club, including the players, are backing James Hird.

Of course ******** like you and Caro and Barratt would love to know what supplements Hird can do, so you can pay some dodgy f*** whatever they want to say that the use of these supplements are questionable.

What a load of crock!!

I hope when these investigations are over, Hird and the club are in a position to give it back to the likes of Ralph and Caro tenfold!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

If Hird was guilty he would have stood down today after the allegation... seeing as he hasn't and is very assertive about his innocence I believe this is all just crap, it's no co-incidence of the timing of it all, they have these stories backed up for a rainy day, and seeing as we are traveling nicely and everything ASADA related had gone quiet they thought, it's time boys, let rip....
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals