Who's interested in a road trip?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Re: Who's interested in a road trip?

Post by BERT »

dodgey wrote:
BERT wrote:
dodgey wrote:we are staying near the Story bridge... about 2 km from the Gabba

"Apparently" there is a pub across the road from the hotel..... How coincidental :lol:
Hope it doesn't end up like the Sydney trip a few years ago. That ended up a little bit messy but was a fun night.

hahaha... great wekend that one... drank the pub dry of Draught :D
Wish I could go but I'm off to Vegas after the Richmond game. I've been to the Gabba twice and we have lost both of them.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Cant believe I am missing this one. Especially with Johnny and The Dodgerlager attending.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:Cant believe I am missing this one. Especially with Johnny and The Dodgerlager attending.

Gonna be a good one....

and NO need for Swingers Straw Dispenser either

Bu you need to get down Here for a game... you Know the spare room has your name on it
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

So what is the go? Is anyone keen to meet up at a pub before or after? I have just driven half of the height of this country and feel an away victory would go some way to compensating me for the rest of victories I am going to miss this season.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Sismis wrote:So what is the go? Is anyone keen to meet up at a pub before or after? I have just driven half of the height of this country and feel an away victory would go some way to compensating me for the rest of victories I am going to miss this season.
ill do something afterwoods
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Rossoneri wrote:Tiger is the worst airline, will never use them again. Went with tiger to the Sydney game last year, 3 hour flight delay (they said it wad technical issues but it was because the flight was empty) then also copped another 3 hour delay on the way back. Would rather crawl to Sydney than use tiger.

The freo game is on the long weekend, I'm heading to Perth for that one, got a cousin who lives over there
I'm going with Tiger from Sydney to Brisbane for the game.

At first I thought the same...this is going to be murder. But with Qantas on strike today, its probably turned out to be a blessing.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Pineapple hotel before the match
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Where is the pineapple? My wife (who is a brisbanite originally) has no idea. And where are the victory celebrations to be held?
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

didn't get to the Pineapple... Being across the road from the Story Bridge hotel we figured we may as well just stay there... And they had a free shuttle bus there and back....

Highly recommend the Story Bridge pub .. And the "quest on story Bridge" is a good place to stay