Essendon v Gold Coast Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon v Gold Coast Match Thread

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

So excited to be a part of history today.... that first quarter was the most amazing thing i have ever seen!! The roar of the crowd when we almost got 200 points on the board was electric.

4- Watson-7/10 solid captains game, nothing overly special
5- Stanton- 5/10 probably our worst performed today.. too many basic errors
6- Gus- 7/10 4 goals and looked very dangerous in the forward 50, played a bit higher up the ground as well.
7- Jetta- 6/10- chased and ran hard all day
10- McVeigh- 6/10- solid but did look a bit slow at times
11- Zaka- 7/10- 2 goals and looked very lively
14- Lonergan- 8/10- really impressed with Sammy this year. Turning into one of our better inside midfielders. 2 goals as well
17- Melksham- came on for Hocking in the last quarter, didint get much of it
18- Hurls- 6/10- played back in the absence of Fletch. Spoilt well but made a few bad decisions which were costly.
19- Hille- 6/10- thought he would dominate today, didint take as many marks as he should have IMO
20- Slats- 6/10- Matera got the better of him, played on Ablett in the last quarter.
21- Heppell- 7/10- poise and class yet again!!
26- Hooker- 8/10- thought he was one of our best, really solid in the back half.
30- Ryder- 7/10- again like Hille couldnt really hold onto many marks today, 3 goals in his 100th match was a great effort though
34- Hardingham- 7/10- great game in the back 50!!
37- Reimers- 9/10- 8 goals is a sensational effort!!!!
39- Hocking- 7/10- did well on Ablett i thought, went off with a minor injury late in the 3rd quarter and was subbed off
40- Howlett- 8/10- one of our best mids this year, when others were stuffing around with it he had clean hands and beautiful foot skills
42- Natrat- 7/10- Really happy with Nathan's game today. His strength was crucial in overpowering the Suns
43- Hibbo- 6/10- Solid debut in the back half. Looks a real find!
44- TB- 8/10- gets better and better with each game. Gave Fraser a bath, kicked 2 goals!!
45- Crameri- 9/10- another bag of 4.. tore Hunt to pieces!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:26- Hooker- 8/10- thought he was one of our best, really solid in the back half.
30- Ryder- 7/10- again like Hille couldnt really hold onto many marks today, 3 goals in his 100th match was a great effort though
Ryder? really? Though he was average again today, 3rd game in 3 weeks he has been poor. Gets to contests then does nothing, fumbles alot, goes up with one hand.

Needs to be dropped I reckon or play him in defence.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Might've been a bit hard on Stants?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Might've been a bit hard on Stants?
Out of all the players on the field he was the one continually fumbling and kicking/handballing straight to the opposition... has had a poor couple of games and for a senior player its not quite up to scratch IMO...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Megan wrote:Might've been a bit hard on Stants?
Out of all the players on the field he was the one continually fumbling and kicking/handballing straight to the opposition... has had a poor couple of games and for a senior player its not quite up to scratch IMO...
Agree with this.

He has the yips. Dropping uncontested marks, miss kicks to the opposition, handballing into trouble etc, etc.

Still, he does persist and never drops his bundle. I'll give him that. He did set up a number of goals today though to be fair.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:So excited to be a part of history today.... that first quarter was the most amazing thing i have ever seen!! The roar of the crowd when we almost got 200 points on the board was electric.
20- Slats- 6/10- Matera got the better of him, played on Ablett in the last quarter.
Pretty harsh call Mrs M...Matera only had 4-5 possession to 3/4 time so I'd says Slattery did a reasonably good job (and I'm not one of his biggest fans)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rockhole wrote:
swoodley wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Can't wait to download this.
where from BIJ?
TRY AUSSIETT.COM
Thanks Rocky...I'm downloading it now :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I didn't think Stanton was too bad today, he put his head over the ball and got some hard ball gets. He did make some bad mistakes but he wasn't the only one. I think his mistakes are highlighted more as they always seem to be expected by some so the good things he does aren't noticed too much.