Are we shite

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.

Are we Shite

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 32

bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Are we shite

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Every Dog has its Day, we happened to have ours against Geelong

Losing in the manner we did over the previous 5 weeks was simply a disgrace that cannot be forgiven

! would rather we have beaten Rich, Melb, Freo and North and be 9-1-4 than beat Geelong and be in the position we find ourselves now

Beating Geelong is another case of Bombers Fools Gold

As was the case in the Knights era, this team has an ability to cover over the cracks with the ocassional top drawer victory. And just as it was in the Knights era, we are still getting rolled by average going nowhere teams
Thank f*** someone else can see the truth in all of this

I could barely get excited last night knowing the rubbish we had served up against shit opposition the previous month... As I said if we lose to Richmond next week I am going to stick a fork in this season and watch our 2012 pre season with interest
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Seems like some people are never happy !!!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Every Dog has its Day, we happened to have ours against Geelong

Losing in the manner we did over the previous 5 weeks was simply a disgrace that cannot be forgiven

! would rather we have beaten Rich, Melb, Freo and North and be 9-1-4 than beat Geelong and be in the position we find ourselves now

Beating Geelong is another case of Bombers Fools Gold

As was the case in the Knights era, this team has an ability to cover over the cracks with the ocassional top drawer victory. And just as it was in the Knights era, we are still getting rolled by average going nowhere teams
Yes you are right. We were supposed to go from a bottom 4 team to a top 4 team this year, James Hird clearly said this would happen.

Seriously guys, we were up for 6 or so weeks, then down for 5 weeks, these things will happen. The unfortunate thing we have had is that we wasted years 2003-2007 and then again in 2010.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:Seems like some people are never happy !!!

Um, yes, I would have been happy had we beaten teams like Melbourne and Richmond. Its the same every year, we turn it on against the top team and then lie down against the crap.

I can assure you Hird and the coaching panel would be looking at this as a major "cultural' problem

As Rohan Connolly said in his article in The Age today - now its time for some substance at Essendon
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yawn

I will be happy when we show some kind of consistency

Do you really sit there thinking that we are better off beating the Cats on the weekend than losing to them after beating Dees, Tigers, Dockers and Hawks like we should have?

Seems like some people will never stop living in lala land
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Yawn

Do you really sit there thinking that we are better off beating the Cats on the weekend than losing to them after beating Dees, Tigers, Dockers and Hawks like we should have?

Don't just isolate the last 5 weeks, look at the whole 15.

Would you rather lose to the top teams by 80-odd points (Richmond and Melbourne) and beat the shit teams? We are in the same boat as the other two I have mentioned, albeit they tanked to get #1 picks, we weren't so smart.

When we start beating tops teams and then beat lower teams, we will be top 4, even top 2. But we are not that so it's something we need to live with for now. If this happens next year and the year after, then we have issues.

I do agree, we must now beat Richmond and Adelaide. The acid test is the next two weeks and I have no doubt that this will be drilled into those pricks by the coaches. Hirdy has said time and time again it is not how you beat top teams, the maturity comes from how you play against all opposition.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
I could barely get excited last night knowing the rubbish we had served up against shit opposition the previous month... As I said if we lose to Richmond next week I am going to stick a fork in this season and watch our 2012 pre season with interest
if you cannot derive some enjoyment from this win, I don't know why you bother.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Yawn

Would you rather lose to the top teams by 80-odd points (Richmond and Melbourne) and beat the shit teams? We are in the same boat as the other two I have mentioned, albeit they tanked to get #1 picks, we weren't so smart.

When we start beating tops teams and then beat lower teams, we will be top 4, even top 2. But we are not that so it's something we need to live with for now. If this happens next year and the year after, then we have issues.

I do agree, we must now beat Richmond and Adelaide. The acid test is the next two weeks and I have no doubt that this will be drilled into those pricks by the coaches. Hirdy has said time and time again it is not how you beat top teams, the maturity comes from how you play against all opposition.
This has been happening for 3 years now and it is getting very boring and tiring

I agree though that we have a new coaching panel and they need time to ween the group out of bad habits. I am also happy that they have publically stated that our fitness levels are a disgrace and will take 2 or 3 pre seasons to fix.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

rockhole wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
if you cannot derive some enjoyment from this win, I don't know why you bother.
'barely'
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Cant we just be happy for the week when we've bumped off one of the flag favourites ?

At the start of the season I dare say we would have all have assumed this game would have been a loss so in winning it we counteract the ignominy of losing to the likes of Richmond and Melbourne.

Yes it would be nice to be consistent but when we win lets celebrate for gawd sake and the way the played on Saturday indicates they are capable of not being shite.

The other factor is that with them appearing to having been very tired over the 5 prior weeks the 8 day break seemed to have pepped them up.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Yawn

Spot on
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:Cant we just be happy for the week when we've bumped off one of the flag favourites ?

At the start of the season I dare say we would have all have assumed this game would have been a loss so in winning it we counteract the ignominy of losing to the likes of Richmond and Melbourne.

Yes it would be nice to be consistent but when we win lets celebrate for gawd sake and the way the played on Saturday indicates they are capable of not being shite.

The other factor is that with them appearing to having been very tired over the 5 prior weeks the 8 day break seemed to have pepped them up.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE RECORD

I am very bloody happy - just dont hink the team has done enough yet to be lauded upon

And to Rosso, yes, its absolutely about looking at the season in its entirety and I thats why I would rather we have 8-9 wins now and perhaps have lost to the cats than one heroic victory but out of the race to play finals (maybe)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Of course we need to look at the season as a whole and it is really stating the bleeding obvious that our failures against lesser teams has been soul destroying. Not until we can show some consistency can this team be lauded as a genuine contender. The point I make is FFS let's enjoy the odd win along the way without immediately dredging up up all the negative shit which we are all patently aware of.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Any of the 13 like to change their vote
Now how about the 16? :P
If we lose to Richmond this will be bumped again demanding an apology :wink:
And it will be forthcoming.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

My take on this week: it proves that we are not shite (at least not as shite as the previous 5 weeks would indicate).

Yes, we should have beaten Melbourne and Richmond. But we're a young team. I know we've been saying that for years, but we finally seem to be seeing a group of young players coming through who will be good. There's still plenty of work (on and off the field) to be done, but things are looking up.

MUST beat Richmond this week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

The last time we won at the G was Rnd 9 last yr against Richmond.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Royza wrote:The last time we won at the G was Rnd 9 last yr against Richmond.
I'm surprised I remember that one.. Blind in the Blazer Bar.. Didn't make it back to my seat after quarter time.. Frothy after frothy, and a good win = a bloody good night out.. Hoping for the same this week, but will probably be in the old Lindsay Hassett room.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Royza wrote:The last time we won at the G was Rnd 9 last yr against Richmond.
my partner barracks for Richmond and the only 2 games we've gone together were the Hird/Sheedy sendoff :( and last years Dreamtime game :) and i was un-happy they kept level with us after we jumped out to a 36 point lead, i was getting ready for an absolute smashing...... this time maybe =P~
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:And to Rosso, yes, its absolutely about looking at the season in its entirety and I thats why I would rather we have 8-9 wins now and perhaps have lost to the cats than one heroic victory but out of the race to play finals (maybe)
Then going by that logic, shouldn't we have lost to Dogs, Saints and Carlton?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:And to Rosso, yes, its absolutely about looking at the season in its entirety and I thats why I would rather we have 8-9 wins now and perhaps have lost to the cats than one heroic victory but out of the race to play finals (maybe)
Then going by that logic, shouldn't we have lost to Dogs, Saints and Carlton?
i think you get my point