Gumby or Carlisle?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Gumby or Carlisle?

Post by Rossoneri »

Will be stunned if he plays 8 games this year and kicks more than 2 in any of them.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Get rid of that bloody avatar Windy..
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:Get rid of that bloody avatar Windy..
Will do gimper
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:Get rid of that bloody avatar Windy..
Will do gimper
Much better. Thanks mate.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote: We will know by September 2012 - lets bookmark this for then
What's the point. We know now.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Bullshite....we know only what has transpired. The future doesnt have to be the same as the past grasshopper.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Bullshite....we know only what has transpired. The future doesnt have to be the same as the past grasshopper.
Somehow you have missed the point completely

The guy is a dud end of story and the sooner you come to that conclusion the easier It will be to deal with.. Trust me
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Bomberdonnie....all I am saying is hope springs eternal. As George Michael so eloquently stated..."You Gotta Have Faith"
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Bomberdonnie....all I am saying is hope springs eternal. As George Michael so eloquently stated..."You Gotta Have Faith"
Truuuuuuuuuust me he is max gawn
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gumby will be delisted at years end unless he has an amazing season where he cements himself in the best 22.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Rossoneri wrote:Gumby will be delisted at years end unless he has an amazing season where he cements himself in the best 22.
Unless what?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Gumby will be delisted at years end unless he has an amazing season where he cements himself in the best 22.
Unless what?
:?:
He needs to have a really really good season, like that you would expect for a bloke who has been on the list for 6 years and not necessarily one that has only played 22 games.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Unless what?
He needs to have a really really good season, like that you would expect for a bloke who has been on the list for 6 years and not necessarily one that has only played 22 games.
So Rosso, lets say he plays 8-10 games and shows enough to suggest that he could be a player - not superstar stuff, but perhaps the sort of signs of potential that the new "wunderkind" Jake Carlisle has shown - delist or keep?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Unless what?
So Rosso, lets say he plays 8-10 games and shows enough to suggest that he could be a player - not superstar stuff, but perhaps the sort of signs of potential that the new "wunderkind" Jake Carlisle has shown - delist or keep?
For me to keep, I would like him to show a bit more. Playing 8-10 games is not showing enough. If he plays 16 games and kicks 40-odd goals, then I would keep.

WH, you have to delist 3 players from your list every year. Fletch will retire, possibly Hille. Another obvious one would be Slattery so there is your three. However, we would probably aim to use 3 live picks in the draft so we would need to delist one more as we will be taking Daniher with our first pick. So you have either NLM or Gumby or Dyson. Of those three, you probably keep them in the order I have mentioned if given a choice (sadly). If we are still serious about getting Caddy then we will have to package up some good picks, with one pretty good player as well as hopefully one of these guys.

I think either way, he is gone. Of NLM, Dyson and Gumby, Gumby would be the only one who might appeal to GC and that's if he actually shows something this season.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

How much has Gumby cost the club in medical bills? I reckon they could pay off the new facility twice over if they didn't select this physical catastrophe.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So Rosso, maybe Gumby's grestest contribution to this club will be to show just enoough to make him a more appealing ingredient in any trade we do for Caddy - I can live with that
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Windy Hille wrote:How much has Gumby cost the club in medical bills? I reckon they could pay off the new facility twice over if they didn't select this physical catastrophe.
Insurance - although point taken.....he's probably forced our premiums up single handedly

Look, it took Dean Wallis about 10 years or more to play his 100th game...the guy couldnt take a trick with injuries but eventually, he wqas a valuable contributor to 2 Premierships
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Windy Hille wrote:How much has Gumby cost the club in medical bills? I reckon they could pay off the new facility twice over if they didn't select this physical catastrophe.
Insurance - although point taken.....he's probably forced our premiums up single handedly

Look, it took Dean Wallis about 10 years or more to play his 100th game...the guy couldnt take a trick with injuries but eventually, he wqas a valuable contributor to 2 Premierships
I'd say one. He didn't deserve to play in 1993, was a stupid call.

Anyway, back to Gumby. I would love nothing more than for you to be proven right on this WH. I hope he kicks 60 goals this year and plays in 20 games, but odds are, he will be lucky to play 8 games.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Wow, it's all making sense now. Wallis would have to be one of the worst players in history to get to 100 games let alone win 2 flags.

Your kidding yourself if you think Gumbleton will be worth anything at trade week next year. Another year older with a new set of injuries to take care of. Never going to happen.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:As George Michael so eloquently stated..."You Gotta Have Faith"
George also has anonymous sex in public toilets and parks.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.