Clubs' travel to WANG..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Clubs' travel to WANG..

Post by Gyoza »

1000 points to the St Kilda Football Club, Whose Line is it Anyway? style.

Amazing that the AFL can bungle the handling of something that noone even gives a shit about.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

And with that, the most overblown issue of 2012 comes to a close.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

robbie67 wrote:

I really dont know how people can walk past this c*** without spitting on him.

I could very happily walk past him and not want to spit on him......if he was on fire!!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

ealesy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

I really dont know how people can walk past this c*** without spitting on him.

I could very happily walk past him and not want to spit on him......if he was on fire!!
If he was on fire, I'd quickly do a deal with him (like Mad Max did for "the gas"), and then piss on him..
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

dom_105 wrote:And with that, the most overblown issue of 2012 comes to a close.
Nup ... Neil Mitchell this morning started a campaign to have EFC fined for the amount of "lost earnings" that supposedly would have been due to the two country footy teams.

Tosser
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

s'dreams wrote:
Nup ... Neil Mitchell this morning started a campaign to have EFC fined for the amount of "lost earnings" that supposedly would have been due to the two country footy teams.

Tosser
what a flog!

surely we are by far the most hated..... and that's why i can't wait till we are up there with the best, will be glorious
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Well just got back from my weekend away in the north - east and had a great time despite the whole reason for the trip (the game) not happening. The whole thing was a circus. Everyone knew the weather was going to be average this weekend, and we still took the risk of going up and always were aware of the possibility of it being cancelled at the death due to inclement weather, but I was disappointed for the community up there who were let down by the "unforeseeable circumstances".

A lot of people should be held accountable for the way it went down. The AFL I believe were holding onto false hope that the game would go ahead even with the predicted rainfall, and it was relentless on Saturday for the entire day and night. If the AFL were concerned for their players welfare, and applied the duty of care they were supposed to, they would have cancelled it on Thursday / Friday and saved those who solely went up for the purpose of the game time and money. It was so frustrating all day hearing the game was on, the game was off, the game was on, the game was off, the game was on....then for the reason the game not going ahead (team not showing up) just made it feel like it was never meant to be. It would've been interesting to see what would have occurred if the team had managed to get to the game, would we be talking about injuries and AFL's failure to apply duty of care etc.

The club should also be held responsible for using light charter aircraft as the mode of transportation to the match in such treacherous conditions. The players, from their twitter posts and reports since, were under severe discomfort (no air con, crammed in the plane), the entire time of the "short" trip. I understand what they were trying to achieve by using the charter planes with the 6 day turn around, however, a bus trip would've caused them less harm than what they had to endure on the flight. We all got up there fine, so there was no excuse not to take the busses. From reports again, they were delayed 3 hours before taking off from Tullamarine, surely they would have taken it as a sign that things weren't going to plan already at that time and took the busses. It was a lot of time wasted. Yeah, they trusted the advice of the professionals who told them all was okay and they should hold some accountability for the fiasco, if not the most.

Overall, the main people that were disadvantaged were the people of Wangaratta and I hope that the club makes up for the events that occured in some way. It was supposed to be a big weekend of sport for them, with the grand re-opening of their new sporting facilities etc. and it didn't look great that we didn't show up, no matter what actually happened and the events, at the end of the day we didn't show up and that was disappointing, the locals weren't overly impressed from what I heard. Anyway, the whole St Kilda thing was ridiculous! It was like it was the saga that wouldn't end with the Saints demanding all four points. They should have gotten them from the beginning and saved the AFL & Saints from embarrassment. First it's a draw, then maybe a coin toss, then give them four points! Make up your mind! Also pretty funny how desperate Saints seemed for the full points in a pre-season comp. They mocked us last year after Round 1 of NAB Cup for our celebrations, maybe this can be our "joke" back. Anyway...looking forward to Friday night and seeing a match! Been far too long but can't wait til the real shit starts. This NAB Cup has proven how much of a joke it is as a competition. Roll on Round 1. 26 days...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

s'dreams wrote:

Tosser
The AFL cannot fine the club as they approved the use of the aircraft.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Could they be a little more hysterical? I mean, surely the dopey media could be more outraged about what happened. It was a deliberate and calculated event that the EFC conjured up.

Take legal action!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Surely after this BS Anderson is finished - He is calling simply Robson a liar and covering his own ass. The ground surface was fine?
Interestingly - the law of unintended cosequences, if applied to the following, might be interesting for crap and struggling teams
Anderson also revealed that the system of awarding points in abandoned games would also fall in line in with the regular season, meaning if a team demonstrates its failure to contest the game is beyond its control, the result would be deemed a draw, rather than be decided by a coin toss
"Sorry we lost by 100 goals Mr Anderson - we are simply a crap team and its beyond our control... can we have our two points?".
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Now the "lovely" Caro has bought into the argument. Just another excuse for her to rail against Essendon.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Now the "lovely" Caro has bought into the argument. Just another excuse for her to rail against Essendon.
Just read her article, she can barely call herself a journalist.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Yes they are all lining up to have a whack at us : lets see who they are ;

Firstly , witless Wattters & his moronic players , plus various other AFL players

Then the states sports minister ,Delahuntly

Next Neil '' the flog '' Mitchell

Then Caro' in her bile column

And then the 'On The Couch mob' Healey , Sheahan & especially that idiot Roos saying his Swan boys would have never done that ,

Last but not least Angry Anderson & his AFL crony's saying it was'nt their fault. Fair dinkum this oxygen thief should be neutered so as not to inflict his offspring on to the world.

The only people to make any sense apart from Bomber Thompson was Rodney Eade , saying playing the practice game would have served no realistic purpose only to expose the players to injury as the atrocious conditions are very rare & would unlikely to be seen again at AFL level. Any skills such as marks & kicks would not be seen.

Also the races at Wang were called off so why was'nt this game cancelled as well. Is the safety of jockeys & horses more important than the safety of footballers in a contact sport?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And some people wonder why I have completely turned off footy journalism. I cannnot be bothered listening to any shit shows, reading shit articles or watching tossers on TV going on and on and on about bullshit.

Junk.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The Opening of AFL 360 tonight was fantastic. Earlier today Andrew Maher accused Essendon of leaking the Hurley story to Mark Robinson to stop all the crap about Wangaratta. Robbo called Maher a wanker on air.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robrulz5 wrote:The Opening of AFL 360 tonight was fantastic. Earlier today Andrew Maher accused Essendon of leaking the Hurley story to Mark Robinson to stop all the crap about Wangaratta. Robbo called Maher a wanker on air.
Maher being a wanker is surely not a secret??
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz, that "article" is brilliant.

I don't see why you would travel to Wang for a NAB Cup match anyway.

I'm not your usual Caro-basher (although the hot beverage of the same name is foul and should not be fit for sale) (ie. every other football fan) but that article yesterday or Monday was just shit. IT'S NOT THE CLUB'S FAULT IT WAS f****** RAINING AND WINDY. You should also take note of the JP.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:The Opening of AFL 360 tonight was fantastic. Earlier today Andrew Maher accused Essendon of leaking the Hurley story to Mark Robinson to stop all the crap about Wangaratta. Robbo called Maher a wanker on air.
Maher being a wanker is surely not a secret??
No, just good to see someone say it on tv.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

lol that was excellent