West Coast - The Real Test

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: West Coast - The Real Test

Post by Jazz_84 »

Looks like Adam Selwood will miss this week too with that split webbing
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:Looks like Adam Selwood will miss this week too with that split webbing
Would have preferred little bro Scott to be missing!!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Looks like Adam Selwood will miss this week too with that split webbing
Would have preferred little bro Scott to be missing!!
I think Adam is a huge loss. Can tag and get his own ball, and is hard at it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:I'm in.. under the name "Copping Heady" :lol:
:lol:

I might join under the name "F****** Cousins"
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gimps wrote:I'm in.. under the name "Copping Heady" :lol:

I might join under the name "F****** Cousins"
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I think I'll be "Mainy's Dealer". Might ask them how their finals record looks against us.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:I think I'll be "Mainy's Dealer". Might ask them how their finals record looks against us.
I'm just praying we win. Then I let rip with the same post on as many threads as I can, I'll flood the joint.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I find the opposite with wce fans. I thought they were very respectful in hird and sheedys last games.
I wouldn't change my opinion of them based on a few douche bags venting their spleen on the internet or the usual % of numb nuts at the game that any side has.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

little_ripper wrote:I find the opposite with wce fans. I thought they were very respectful in hird and sheedys last games.
I wouldn't change my opinion of them based on a few douche bags venting their spleen on the internet or the usual % of numb nuts at the game that any side has.
They should be respectful at that time, as we would if they had a similar scenario. I've got a fair few mates that are Coke supporters - they are a different breed. The ones that really piss me off are the older females. They act like they were spoon-fed in Toorak all their lives, and are know-it-all biatches that couldn't open their second eye if they tried.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

little_ripper wrote:I find the opposite with wce fans. I thought they were very respectful in hird and sheedys last games.
I find most of them arrogant flogs. Much like their team and administration.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
I find most of them arrogant flogs. Much like their team and administration.
THIS.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

They were certainly very respectful in the after match presentation stuff when Sheeds & Hirdy retired. That would be the one single time in their entire existence that they have shown a scrap of decency.

Come and live in Perth for a period of time and you will very quickly change your view of them.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Seriously?
The Magenius wrote:For us to win this weekend would be a minor miracle. Make no mistake everything will be against us. If we can win this well, my lid will be off, but I dont see it happening.

I am loading up on Essendon. They are a monty.
Voice of Reason wrote:
WCE06 wrote:The umpires will take it one themselves, to deal with the "ducking" smokescreen thrown up this week. They will unilaterally decide that WCE players no longer qualify for free kicks for high contact, regardless of the severity. This will unfold time and again against Essendon and have a big bearing on the game, but will be completely ignored in the media arse licking that will enevitably follow a Scum victory.
Actual decapitation may be insufficient to get a free kick for a high tackle this week.

Neates' de minimus frame might have half a chance if he gets to play.
Total Package wrote:
WCE06 wrote:The umpires will take it one themselves, to deal with the "ducking" smokescreen thrown up this week. They will unilaterally decide that WCE players no longer qualify for free kicks for high contact, regardless of the severity. This will unfold time and again against Essendon and have a big bearing on the game, but will be completely ignored in the media arse licking that will enevitably follow a Scum victory.
Yes that is exactly what will happen. Exactly like that Hird game in 2004. The Essendon crowd will be on the umpires backs the entire time.. it won't matter whether it is the most blatant head high tackle, push in the back or holding the ball... the crowd will boo mercifully like they did in 2004... and naturally the umpires won't pay free kicks because of crowd pressure... we are going to get ass raped.

Essendon are paying $1.77 at the moment... I am going to load up.. especially before Naitanui gets rested again and their price drops to $1.40
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes that is exactly what will happen. Exactly like that Hird game in 2004. The Essendon crowd will be on the umpires backs the entire time.. it won't matter whether it is the most blatant head high tackle, push in the back or holding the ball... the crowd will boo mercifully like they did in 2004... and naturally the umpires won't pay free kicks because of crowd pressure... we are going to get ass raped.
Hahahaha...yes...in that 2004 game it was Ess 15 frees to WCE 21 frees. And Hird didn't get a vote despite being clear BOG.

But let the facts get in the way of a good story..... :roll:
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Does all this potential trolling mean us admin are going to have our work cut out for us, should we lose this weekend? #-o

Good times. NOthing wrong with a little trolling ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Megan wrote:Does all this potential trolling mean us admin are going to have our work cut out for us, should we lose this weekend? #-o

Good times. NOthing wrong with a little trolling ;)
They haven't got half a brain between them, so I doubt they'll find us.

They seem to be quite threatened by the fact that I could be a troll.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Just in case we do win - is anyone skilled enough to set up a little rolling loop of Sheedy waiving his jacket? And then tell me how I can copy it from here and plaster it all over the eagles forum..
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

This one is for you Benny..

Copping Heady wrote:
Total Package wrote: Yes that is exactly what will happen. Exactly like that Hird game in 2004. The Essendon crowd will be on the umpires backs the entire time.. it won't matter whether it is the most blatant head high tackle, push in the back or holding the ball... the crowd will boo mercifully like they did in 2004... and naturally the umpires won't pay free kicks because of crowd pressure... we are going to get ass raped.

Essendon are paying $1.77 at the moment... I am going to load up.. especially before Naitanui gets rested again and their price drops to $1.40
I'm sure I will be labelled a troll once again for this..

I just did some research. I was at this game in 2004, I do remember us getting shafted on a few calls, but it wasn't as bad as what old mate loveheart above makes out. As I said, I did some research. Free kick count that night was WCE 21 - Scum 15.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Let's see them fire up at that one..
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:This one is for you Benny..

Copping Heady wrote:
Total Package wrote: Yes that is exactly what will happen. Exactly like that Hird game in 2004. The Essendon crowd will be on the umpires backs the entire time.. it won't matter whether it is the most blatant head high tackle, push in the back or holding the ball... the crowd will boo mercifully like they did in 2004... and naturally the umpires won't pay free kicks because of crowd pressure... we are going to get ass raped.

I'm sure I will be labelled a troll once again for this..

I just did some research. I was at this game in 2004, I do remember us getting shafted on a few calls, but it wasn't as bad as what old mate loveheart above makes out. As I said, I did some research. Free kick count that night was WCE 21 - Scum 15.
LOL

And you can later add that James Hird didn't receive a single vote from the umpires despite winning the game for the Scum off his own boot. They decided to give votes to Kissing Cousins - the Eagle who was "Flying High" at the time...
Essendunny