Wow. Thats a great result

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Wow. Thats a great result

Post by robbie67 »

You really have no concept of logic do you Windy? It just beggars belief how stupid you are. Read my argument again, and just try to understand it. Call a neighbour in or something and try and get them to explain it. I really used to think people were being harsh on you, but no, you are a true mong. From this week V Overall performance/ability, try really really hard.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Oh and by the way...I'm second this year, and won it last year with a top 1% in the nation score. How are you going? Yeah didnt think so.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Our draws been soft. We have played the suns demons giants and brisbane.
and lost to the worst side in the league, scraped past the second worst after trailing at 3/4 time and did what we should have against the other two.
And yet still managed to beat premiership favourites in Carlton and West Coast, went down by a solitary point to the team that is quite possibly the current premiership favourite, beat everyone's up and coming love child team Richmond.

People who say we have had a soft draw are f****** soft in the head. :roll:

Come on Swoods, even you cant deny this one.

Read the list again

Port
Bris
Old Toast
Giants
Melb
North

There's your bottom 6 clubs - we have played them all in the first 10 games

Against better opponents we are 3-1 but surely you have to concede that West Coast at Etihad with 9 of their best 22 including probably 5 of their best 6 players was a gimme. We nearly got rolled against Richmond having allowed a 40 pt lead evaporate and the scoreline probably flattered us against Collingwood.

The only entirely convincing win of the season, if you are to be totally honest with yourself was against Carlton and have a look at how they are traveling.

For some reason being frank and honest attracts criticism in here like bees to a honey pot. I am thrilled that we have been winning games but when you read back over the posts even in "one -eyed" Bombertalk, there has been a sense of disquiet about the way in which we have been playing. Even against lowly competition, we have really struggled.

Winning games this year has somewhat deceived

I believe we will finish around 6th this year with 14-15 wins - nothing has changed for me in terms of expectations

I just think its a joke how certain posters on here use a loss like the one yesterday as an opportunity to pull out all the old player bashing cliches. Some idiots are saying that I am the CAroline Wilson of Bombertalk???? FFS, where in this post have I been anything but perfectly honest with myself.

Do me favour, based on current form, how many of the following games would you have us favourite to win?

Sydney (H) Win
Fremantle (A) 50-50
Western Bulldogs (H) Win
St Kilda (A) Win
Port Adelaide (A) 60-40 our way
Geelong (A) Win
Hawthorn (H) 50-50
Adeliade (A) 30-70 their way
North Melbourne (H) Win
Carlton (H) Win
Richmond (A) Win
Collingwood (H) 40-60 their way

I just don't understand you...you rabbit on about how good Gumby is without any factual evidence to support your case and yet argue that we have benefited from a soft draw due to ladder positions today.

We are 8-2 and as I have previously stated, we have beaten premiership contenders Carlton and West Coast whilst running Collingwood to a point. At the time we played, North were favourites to beat us, we beat GWS and Brisbane by over ten goals and beat Port the week after they had beaten St kilda so they obviously had some reasonable form. Gold Coast and melbourne were poor performances but we still beat Gold Coast.

So West Coast were missing players...did you stop and think what positions most of those players play in? Kennedy, Nicoski, Le Cras....all forwards...when we smashed them in the 3rd quarter, it was in the midfield where we won...it hardly got onto their forward line so those missing players count for little.

Going forward, I can see us (on our form to date) starting as favourites in 8 of the remaining 12 games and only have significant doubts for games against Adelaide and Collingwood.

So there's my considered response...I await with baited breath for whatever words of wisdom you respond with.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Swoodly. Nice reply and you make some valid points.

Incidentally I dont believe I rabbit on about Gumby. I support the guy and hope he comes good. From what I have seen of the player, he looks pretty promising for a tall KPP who has only played 22 games. However, I will tone back my enthusiasm for the player in future.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

The dons draw has been pretty good.

It is definetly harder in the second half of the season, so we have to be better in order to have a better record.(or as good).

Its impossible to draw a line and speculate as to if we will be favourites to win all the remaining matches bar Adelaide and Collingwood. After Saturdays performance, the bookmakers might start to take a very different view of our form.

Its a very even field. I enjoy these years in footy, because you just don't know what you are going to get.

People are talking a lot more about how bad Carlton were, but I actually think Port are now playing much much better footy.(maybe not good enough to hold a candle up to Hawthorn this weekend, but better nonetheless).
I also think Melbourne have a LOOONG way to go and really caught us on a bad day...where we couldn't hit the side of a barn if we tried kicking for goal.

Oh and Brisbane were actually good, not west coast being total shit. Anyone taking note of their second half against north could see that.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Holy necro post ...batman
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Perhaps the issues raised in this post were not so idiotic after all.

We were sucked in by early season results and apart from 2-3 games, we were patchy at best. (Gold Coast, North, GWS, Port). Losing to Melbourne should have been the wake up call

Ultimately, our lack of quality and of course the injury curse caught up with us.

Hope you are all well

WH
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Windy_Hill wrote:Perhaps the issues raised in this post were not so idiotic after all.

We were sucked in by early season results and apart from 2-3 games, we were patchy at best. (Gold Coast, North, GWS, Port). Losing to Melbourne should have been the wake up call

Ultimately, our lack of quality and of course the injury curse caught up with us.

Hope you are all well

WH
lol...Windy Hill returns and goes BAM!
It does look like you were right. Of course, we could also review your gardening post and see how that is coming along....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Perhaps the issues raised in this post were not so idiotic after all.

Hope you are all well

WH
But if you acknowledge West Coast's injuries earlier in the piece, surely you'd recognise ours now?
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hope you are all well

WH
Welcome back old friend! Where have you been?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hope you are all well

WH
It still doesn't make the loss to Melbourne "a great result".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

This is the guy who thought Port was "our best win of the year"? He talks nothing but shit, and if he is ever right about anything, it is only by pure accident.