Essendon V Adelaide - pre-game discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
JockStrap

Re: Essendon V Adelaide - pre-game discussion

Post by JockStrap »

F111 wrote:I've only been there once.

That was enough. :P

The ground itself looks ok, but the stadium is open and wind blown.

It'd be ok on a nice sunny day on the north wing, but otherwise it's sh!te.

The supporters (Port when I was there) just added the faeces as icing to the stale cake.

It reminds me of Waverley's ugly sister.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Ossie wrote:That is pretty much the end of Hille, then, isn't it? To be dropped when we are already without Paddy Ryder? Bad signs. I like Hilley and reckon he's still a good tap ruck and handy forward, but the pace of the game has got the better of him. As soon as the ball hits the deck he's pretty much useless and the run and spread which he offered until probably last season has disappeared.
:( :( :(

Wasn't that long ago that some were calling this gargantuan along with Ryder as one of the best ruck combo's in the comp. He was monstering contests all over the field and made an impact on the scoreboard. He's only a shadow of himself these days. Sad to see how much he's declined in such a short space of time. I'm kinda hoping that he snaps out of it, but it doesn't look good for the big man. His body, and his body language doesn't look in good shape at all.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

rockhole wrote:
Gimps wrote:Just landed in Adelaide.. feel dirty already.
Would be interested on your comments on Footy Park as a venue, having never been there. Also your take on the atmosphere as compared to Victorian venues.
Footy Park is a shithole. Can't wait till they move to the Adelaide Oval. It's very similar to VFL Park. Same shitty design, a pain in the neck to get to and when you get there it's full of South Australians.

Crows fans are 1000% better than Port fans. Port fans make Collingwood supporters look like choir boys.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Back to the game discussion....

We'll flog these pretenders.
They barely have a forward line, and a no-name midfield.

Sure, we don't look a whole lot better, but at our best we can take them no doubt.
Just need everyone to play decent games without brain fades, and keep it simple, and we'll run rings around them.

Recent history says it's games like this where we suddenly switch on and cause an upset .
Go Bombers!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote:Back to the game discussion....

Sure, we don't look a whole lot better, but at our best we can take them no doubt.
Just need everyone to play decent games without brain fades, and keep it simple, and we'll run rings around them.

Recent history says it's games like this where we suddenly switch on and cause an upset .
Go Bombers!
Let me know what you've been drinking so I can have some on Sunday :wink: :P
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Carla, Paddy and myself are just about to cross over the Border and cranking the old skool tunes (paddy can't sing) all in our jumpers after a quick pic in front of an Adelaide sign

Carn Dons!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:Carla, Paddy and myself are just about to cross over the Border and cranking the old skool tunes (paddy can't sing) all in our jumpers after a quick pic in front of an Adelaide sign

Carn Dons!
Show some happy snaps!
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

BERT wrote:The Rosemont is a good sports pub in Hindley St. The Tap Inn goes alright as well. It's just out of the city.
The Rosey is a f****** horrible pub. Some bloke got hit-and-runned outside when we were there a few years ago (intentionally, mind) and another guy got stabbed in the doorway three minutes after we left. Lovely spot. #-o
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

nudder12 wrote:Back to the game discussion....

Go Bombers!
You going to put your money on them?

30 plus points - you'll get some big-arse odds!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ossie wrote:
BERT wrote:The Rosemont is a good sports pub in Hindley St. The Tap Inn goes alright as well. It's just out of the city.
The Rosey is a f****** horrible pub. Some bloke got hit-and-runned outside when we were there a few years ago (intentionally, mind) and another guy got stabbed in the doorway three minutes after we left. Lovely spot. #-o
Surely every pub in Adelaide has stabbings and hit-and-runs. It's Adelaide.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Ossie wrote:That is pretty much the end of Hille, then, isn't it? To be dropped when we are already without Paddy Ryder? Bad signs. I like Hilley and reckon he's still a good tap ruck and handy forward, but the pace of the game has got the better of him. As soon as the ball hits the deck he's pretty much useless and the run and spread which he offered until probably last season has disappeared.
Yep, done. I disagree that he was ever a good tap ruckman.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

in all my life, I have spent 30 minutes in shed posing as a transit lounge in Adelaide "International" Airport - thats the extent of my Adelaide experince.

I was so in need of a cigarette, I thought stuff it, i will just light one up and see what happens - I mean this was literally a shed. So anyway, three puffs into my ciggie, some dopey security guard ambles along and tells me I cant smoke. I said, no problems, I promise to put it out once its finished. He just frowned and grunted a bit and said, make sure you do. Haha - best cigarette of my life

Tha was my one and only experience in Adelaide
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Jazz_84 wrote:Carla, Paddy and myself are just about to cross over the Border and cranking the old skool tunes (paddy can't sing) all in our jumpers after a quick pic in front of an Adelaide sign

Carn Dons!
Damaging lies ! Those who have seen my fb video uploads of me singing the song after an interstate win compliment me on my singing :wink:

Certainly been an enjoyable trip. Gonna be a long day and a belting to add. Will be good to see Hurley back out there. Lets just try and be competitive.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Give 'em hell Paddy and your 2 partners in crime. We will need all the help we can get.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Hope you guys stay safe over there...I got to be honest, I could not do it....your a brave brave lot. Hoping they make your trip a good one..but unfortunately I think we all know what's in store for us/you. Just don't look them in the eyes, heads down guys! :?

..saying a little prayer for you..xx
Image]
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Daisy..1 wrote:Hope you guys stay safe over there...I got to be honest, I could not do it....your a brave brave lot. Hoping they make your trip a good one..but unfortunately I think we all know what's in store for us/you. Just don't look them in the eyes, heads down guys! :?

I'll give as much as I get.. They can get f*****.
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Gimps wrote:
Daisy..1 wrote:Hope you guys stay safe over there...I got to be honest, I could not do it....your a brave brave lot. Hoping they make your trip a good one..but unfortunately I think we all know what's in store for us/you. Just don't look them in the eyes, heads down guys! :?

OR, you can just do THAT! Hahaha....just keep Carla safe!
Image]
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'm not sitting with those guys, only have to protect myself..
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Daisy..1 wrote:
Gimps wrote:

OR, you can just do THAT! Hahaha....just keep Carla safe!
She's with Jazz and JP.

I seriously doubt she needs protecting but its a seriously brave person that tries to shape up to JP. Or stupid depending on your point of view.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Can't believe it's been two years since Staggy, myself and a couple of other mates went across the border to endure a 16 goal drubbing at the hands of a pretty ordinary Adelaide side...

Despite kicking only 6 goals - and the umpires awarding only 5* - we had a pretty good time. The copious amount of alcohol may have been a deciding factor (still think the four of us would have played better than the 22 that played that night!)
*May be an exaggeration - I do remember that we kicked the first of the game... and very few thereafter!

We can only hope that the same drubbing doesn't happen again today...