Congratulations Stanton

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Congratulations Stanton

Post by billyduckworth »

Can't really add anything to the criticisms already made above.

That non-effort with Goldstein was absolutely cringeworthy.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I don't want to let him off the hook, but he like Jobe, looked injured.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Definitely lost my vote after the last few weeks. If he wasn't injured last night then he has to be told by someone at the club that as a senior player, it just wasn't good enough.

Not sure who would take him...
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Windy_Hill wrote:Definitely lost my vote after the last few weeks. If he wasn't injured last night then he has to be told by someone at the club that as a senior player, it just wasn't good enough.

Not sure who would take him...
If he needs someone to tell him this then he shouldn't be on an AFL list full stop!

And if this group is serious about taking the next step then it's the entire playing group that should be sitting down to a honesty session with the gloves!! (No head gear)

I am not saying the last 2 years haven't been hard or haven't taken a toll at times, but this group should be more galvanised than any other in the AFL. Every single one of them should be out for redemption, arm in arm standing as one to show the rest of the ...... that they will not defeat us.

I watched a St Kilda team weeks back destroy a top 4 side for a club legend who announced his retirement, for 4 quarters they all stood as one! I expected the same from us last night!!!
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'm still scratching my head about the AINTS knocking them off Stocksy.And us! #-o :roll:
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

robbie67 wrote:
mdso wrote:Stanton is not on his own.
He dogged it, took the easy option every time, to defend him for not being "alone" is typical of the mentality that has turned us in to a shit football club.
Robbie67, I am not condoning how Stanton played, emphasis on the word played is almost a fib. All I am saying he was not the only one who played a bloody lousy game or made crucial mistakes which cost us the game. We could not even man up in the end. Maybe our effort was a 100%, from a team who had absolutely NO MORE TO GIVE
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:Bomb it with no thought? Yep. Kick a banana from the back pocket to the opposition? Yep.
ANd yet he's first to tell off someone for taking a bad option.

And you forgot taking a bad shot on goal when someone else is open and then putting his hand up with a stupid fake look of apology on his face.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

mdso wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
mdso wrote:Stanton is not on his own.
He dogged it, took the easy option every time, to defend him for not being "alone" is typical of the mentality that has turned us in to a shit football club.
Robbie67, I am not condoning how Stanton played, emphasis on the word played is almost a fib. All I am saying he was not the only one who played a bloody lousy game or made crucial mistakes which cost us the game. We could not even man up in the end. Maybe our effort was a 100%, from a team who had absolutely NO MORE TO GIVE
And that in itself is a problem. How aren't our players fit enough to run out games?
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

I've stuck up for Stanton for his career. He's been very serviceable and while he has his bad days and has poor decision making, he's still been consistent and you'd back him to kick a goal from most set shots in the clutch.

That said, he hasn't played well in finals - his last effort playing with little confidence and really looked like he didn't want the ball to come to him. He should look forward now at giving the younger kids a go. If we're willing to keep a player on as a backup due to injuries, he is still worth holding on to - whether he would want to be that player, i don't know.

Not surprisingly in the post match video review, Bomber and the assistants talked about a good year for rotating lots of players through the midfield, and talked in particular about Goddard, Chapman, Watson, Heppel, Zaharakis, lots of kids, but omitted Stanton from that list going forward to push finals.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Absolutely horrible on Saturday night.

Game on the line late in the last quarter, ball hacked forward are way, loose ball, leg race between Stanton and Goldstein. Goldstein won the contest so easily (it probably would have been deemed an uncontested possession) it was an absolute indictment on Stanton (whether he was playing injured or not).

If we can trade him we should, not sure who would want him though, think people might have cotton on to fact the only facet of the game he is any good at is his gut running, which doesn't help if you consistently make stupid skill errors and even worse decisions.
StanMan
Top Up Player

Post by StanMan »

Unfortunately there is too much dross on the list that has been recruited over the past 3 years
Robbie67

Some time ago, and more than once since, I have pointed a finger at Adrian DUdoro - Been there far, far too long and you need to think about so many dud 'recruiting' decisions that have been made in his time.

Stan
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
hop wrote:Just finished reading posts on "Stants" on Bomberblitz.

According to some of the faithful he did try hard tonight and he is a valued player. I doesn't require too much cerebral activity to understand why we are mediocre.
We deserve what we get then. We're destined to have a 50 year drought with this feeble minded dribble.

I think I sat next to some Blitzers on the train home tonight. Heard a couple of deluded supporters say "we put in a good effort tonight".

:roll: ](*,)
I've seen a lot of tweets about being "proud of the boys performance." What a f****** disgrace.
We have so many tard supporters. Our cheersquad is a f****** embarrassment as much as our supporters.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Some are angry at the wrong people. Still waiting for an explanation from the EFC Board over the incident which caused our problems.

Who incidentally, have been surprisingly silent.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

His running power is diminishing with age, he doesn't really have any other weapons, can only hope for a good pre season and see what happens
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

StanMan wrote:
Unfortunately there is too much dross on the list that has been recruited over the past 3 years
Robbie67

Some time ago, and more than once since, I have pointed a finger at Adrian DUdoro - Been there far, far too long and you need to think about so many dud 'recruiting' decisions that have been made in his time.

Stan
very true. End of the day it's the coach who has the say on who you pick. I.e shit sheedy decisions.