Round 5 v St Kilda

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Round 5 v St Kilda

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:From that I'd keep Merrett and Langford and drop Ambrose as well. He needs to get some f****** kicks, regardless of the level.

Not that it really matters, but I'm a little surprised that McKernan or Giles didn't get a look in as an emergency.
Langford's too skinny :wink:

Agree with your suggestion. Gleeson lucky to retain his spot, but that's ok - as long as he makes up for last week.
f***! I was thinking of Laverde. #-o #-o Well done Doolan.

Ok now I'm guessing that Ambrose and Carlisle will play, given no talls are in. No excuses against a shit team.

Maybe Gleeson will miss. I know everyone on here will disagree, but if Kav comes in this week it is not undeserved.
I still hold out hope for him.
For who, Kav?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote:
Sismis wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:From that I'd keep Merrett and Langford and drop Ambrose as well. He needs to get some f****** kicks, regardless of the level.

Not that it really matters, but I'm a little surprised that McKernan or Giles didn't get a look in as an emergency.

Agree with your suggestion. Gleeson lucky to retain his spot, but that's ok - as long as he makes up for last week.

Ok now I'm guessing that Ambrose and Carlisle will play, given no talls are in. No excuses against a shit team.

Maybe Gleeson will miss. I know everyone on here will disagree, but if Kav comes in this week it is not undeserved.
For who, Kav?
Same question.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Langford will play.
“Kyle is a good runner, a very good half-forward, a good mark and can get up in the midfield,” Essendon Coach James Hird said.
“We’re very excited about having Kyle in the team.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015- ... make-debut
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Gimps wrote:
Sismis wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

For who, Kav?
Yes Kav
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I do too and as I said in the VFL thread this week, I thought he was going in harder this year.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

This is one of those examples I was talking about in the Scott McIntyre thread, Sismis. Kav is barely VFL standard.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis doesn't understand his own hopes?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:Sismis doesn't understand his own hopes?
Thinking Kav is worth a pinch of $hit indicates to me that he doesn't quite understand the game. You agreeing with him is concerning.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:
Thinking Kav is worth a pinch of $hit indicates to me that he doesn't quite understand the game. You agreeing with him is concerning.
We need to suck it and see with Kav. Rest Chappy for a month and see what he can do. If he's not up to it, we haven't really lost much.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

gringo wrote:
Gimps wrote:
We need to suck it and see with Kav. Rest Chappy for a month and see what he can do. If he's not up to it, we haven't really lost much.
I'd be giving that chance to Jerrett before Kav.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Gimps wrote:
Gimps struggles to understand words.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:
Gimps wrote:
The fact that you have hope for him indicates that you think he is good enough to be in the team. He is $hit, not an AFL footballers' ar$ehole.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Gimps wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Gimps wrote:
The fact that you have hope for him indicates that you think he is good enough to be in the team. He is $hit, not an AFL footballers' ar$ehole.
Ignorance causing you problems again?

http://www.phrasemix.com/phrases/hold-o ... hat-clause
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Gimps wrote:
gringo wrote:
Gimps wrote:
I'd be giving that chance to Jerrett before Kav.
Agreed.

On the broad picture, speaking to mates and family this week it was a mutual feeling after ANZAC Days "effort"....dumb Footy....here we go again 2014 inconsistency.

If and when we play a team like the Aint's and beat them for 120 minutes, foot on throat by 80-120 points then some of the bitter disappointment may dissipate. Until that happens we all feel 2015 is going to be like 2014 guessing which Essendon is going to turn up on a weekly basis.

F**k that. :(
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, I'm one of those that have written Kav off. Cannot see him ever making it. Sluggish mover, sluggish decision maker, low impact player.

I admit I have not seen him play this season and I'm only going by past performances. But he needs to have improved in every facet of the game to convince me that he's worth keeping on the list.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:Yeah, I'm one of those that have written Kav off. Cannot see him ever making it. Sluggish mover, sluggish decision maker, low impact player.

I admit I have not seen him play this season and I'm only going by past performances. But he needs to have improved in every facet of the game to convince me that he's worth keeping on the list.
He showed a lot in the Freo game a couple of years ago I don't think he has touched the ball in the seniors since.....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Yeah, I'm one of those that have written Kav off. Cannot see him ever making it. Sluggish mover, sluggish decision maker, low impact player.

He showed a lot in the Freo game a couple of years ago I don't think he has touched the ball in the seniors since.....
Was it before or after that game where he played against Brisbane at Ethihad and got smashed in the first 10 or 15 minutes? He did alright that day too.

I definitely agree with Ben that he has mostly looked bad at AFL level. I'm still convinced that his slowness is largely due to not running hard enough (either way) and again, he looked better this week in the VFL.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:
Sismis wrote:

Was it before or after that game where he played against Brisbane at Ethihad and got smashed in the first 10 or 15 minutes? He did alright that day too.

I definitely agree with Ben that he has mostly looked bad at AFL level. I'm still convinced that his slowness is largely due to not running hard enough (either way) and again, he looked better this week in the VFL.
Freo was round 3 and his next game was the Brisbane game round8
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Final line-ups for Sunday.. Langford gets the gig.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Flip wrote:...If and when we play a team like the Aint's and beat them for 120 minutes, foot on throat by 80-120 points ....
I think we thought like that last year. Didn't help, didn't win. That's where the team immaturity lies and has been that way for a long time.