Round 7 vs Kangaroos

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: Round 7 vs Kangaroos

Post by Rover99 »

Yep. Hurls was definitely on the red bull tonight. Jobe was fantastic. Did the work of 3 men. Not sure what happened to the other 2.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

auditor wrote:Stanton needs a rest for a couple of weeks
Stantons defensive pressure tonight was absurd. The reason he looked cooked was he spent all night just chasing blokes up and down the wing while others stood and watched them pass.

I'd be stunned if he didn't lead our tackle count.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Effort was there tonight but our skill level was horrible, missing 20 metre passes, missed handballs which resulted in costly turnovers.

We still move the ball too slowly out of defence and allow the opposition to set up defensively. Way too often we would take the short option when there was a better one longer which was very frustrating.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Our inability to take a mark inside 50 will continually cost us.

Heppell was magnificent - so was Hurley.

We've found one in McKernan. Belly needs a rest/bullet/or a moratorium on rogering.

Our skinny kids being brushed aside or just not up for the contest.........Hocking, Myers, Zaharakis, Chapman, Coney.
Doc Reid's leeches are working a treat.

Langford should not be tried again without another preseason.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

My take on the game...

I despise North almost as much as I do Carlton. I didn't think based on our form the last few weeks we'd get close to them so the end result tonight impressed me. I couldn't fault their endeavour / effort from go to woe. Our skills are deplorable and we farked up so many golden chances when we had the ascendency. We didn't deserve to win tonight, regardless of the umpires bullshit, because we still can't seem to get over the same shit that has held us back over the last month. I would love to know where the team from the first two rounds went?

Smack (Shaun McKernan) had a fantastic debut. I think he can be a handy player for us this year and showed a bit of what he could do tonight. I hope he stays in next week too. Credit to Langford for his amazing unrewarded courage that saw him subbed off injured. Well done Melksham for giving it to North tonight with a bit of fight. Hooker and Hurley continue to be our defensive pillars back there. Joe D being classic Joe. Taking screamers one second, kicking a point from dead in front....still taking its time. Trav Colyer great first quarter but slipped away after that. Jobe & Hepp really lead from the front tonight but even their skills at times have let them and the team down. I'll give Ambrose some credit because normally I don't notice him much but great tackling and got on the scoreboard too.

Overall, 3-4 after 7 and we're lucky to even be that. We are nowhere near the team we are capable of being. It's been a tough 2 weeks with two six day breaks and I don't care what anyone says about it being an excuse, it's not easy with one of them being Perth. There's too much talent in this team and on our list to continue to play this poorly in patches. I don't know when we'll snap out of this but I hope its soon because before you know it our season will be over. I expect to get over Brisbane next week but Richmond & Geelong after that are 50/50s for me. I applaud the effort tonight but at the end of the day bad skills and bad goal kicking don't win you games of footy. Onto the Lions.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Stanton should call a press conference on Monday and call it quits. Exit stage left FFS. Anyone who thinks he had a good game should pack it in too. He is a f****** liability.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We had about 1000% improvement on last week. Took the game on and drastically reduced the negative ball movement. Ironically we were beaten by their better control of the ball, but I'm willing to wear that as we are taking steps forward.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Our skills are abysmal. What in f**** name are they actually doing at our new facility? We played a club who trains at a paddock. And they still teach us a lesson. FMD. I dunno, they are just drilling in dumbness down our way, fairdinkum.

And as for Joe Dan being "the best Daniher of the lot"......well, I've seen them all play. Gee f****** wizz, he's got a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to reach the heights of his uncles and even his dad. Just remember, Neale Daniher was winning games off his own boot, being branded a champ, and was bestowed the honour of club captain at age 20.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Toughen up Joe Daniher!

I saw you Easily lose a Contest when the Game was up for Grabs!

You are an AFL player now,son!

So ******* well act like one.

:evil :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Previous Barassi like statement withdrawn.That was way too harsh on my part and my Apologies to Joe if it caused any grief and offense.
Last edited by grassy1 on Sun May 17, 2015 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Hibberd's inability to execute a switch is shocking.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

BenDoolan wrote:Stanton should call a press conference on Monday and call it quits. Exit stage left FFS. Anyone who thinks he had a good game should pack it in too. He is a f****** liability.

Hear Hear!!! =D>
It just fell out of the sky
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote:Hibberd's inability to execute a switch is shocking.

That goes for most of them, they take way too long and by the time they do go they have given the opposition time to set up defensively.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:Our skills are abysmal. What in f**** name are they actually doing at our new facility? We played a club who trains at a paddock. And they still teach us a lesson. FMD. I dunno, they are just drilling in dumbness down our way, fairdinkum.

And as for Joe Dan being "the best Daniher of the lot"......well, I've seen them all play. Gee f****** wizz, he's got a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go to reach the heights of his uncles and even his dad. Just remember, Neale Daniher was winning games off his own boot, being branded a champ, and was bestowed the honour of club captain at age 20.

It's the easy things we are f****** up. Missing a player by foot only 20 metres away under no pressure is unacceptable, handballing to a player basically already being tackled is atrocious.

Do we have any sort of plan to stop the opposition when they kick in? 3 or 4 times the kick in went into the centre square to a player who took an uncontested Mark, we let them go down the middle short as well.

Way too man people are praising the side about that performance but it was absolutely terrible.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:
Gimps wrote:Hibberd's inability to execute a switch is shocking.

That goes for most of them, they take way too long and by the time they do go they have given the opposition time to set up defensively.
I mean a quick defensive switch of opponent. But agree with the other type of switch too.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Windy_Hill wrote:Free kicks 11 to 6

But then you can add not paying McKernan his mark.

f****** Maggots

Reckon we are still a chance coz the f****** umps will have to put away the whistle after that first half performance
Read that it was 20-8 against Freo. A pattern emerging?

Disappointing, gut wrenching etc

Miss Myers 50m chaos kicks usually to our advantage. Played ~100

Miss Buddha inside and nullifying. ~100

Miss Zaka (been injured all year) usual output and skill. ~100

Miss Chappy's 2 a game and/or assists. ~250

Miss what we saw in Coons class disposal in the first 2 games. ~200

Miss Lichas smarts and class (if he makes it back) ~100

Name a team where you take 850 games of experience out having who have played and gotten used to the high pressure environment of AFL Footy and the skill and poise level will inevitably drop dramatically. Putting kids in means a drop in performance - unless they are a Hepp.

Heart there but can't put old heads on young shoulders. And it means the output of the older guys on the park has to grow at least 25% to cover that loss.....impossible.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Our skills are abysmal. What in f**** name are they actually doing at our new facility? We played a club who trains at a paddock. And they still teach us a lesson. FMD. I dunno, they are just drilling in dumbness down our way, fairdinkum.

It's the easy things we are f****** up. Missing a player by foot only 20 metres away under no pressure is unacceptable, handballing to a player basically already being tackled is atrocious.
They do it so often it makes you think they must practice the art of being atrocious.
Do we have any sort of plan to stop the opposition when they kick in? 3 or 4 times the kick in went into the centre square to a player who took an uncontested Mark, we let them go down the middle short as well.
It's laughable. The opposition kick in is a walk in the park for them. Meanwhile, when we do it, it's Russian roulette.

Way too man people are praising the side about that performance but it was absolutely terrible.
Maybe because they saw Stanton beat Goldtein to the ball on one occasion...
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Stanton can't win.

Poor bastard gets knocked for not being defensive and now he's being knocked for being too defensive.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

It still baffles me how other teams can put half a dozen uncontested kick and mark possessions together with such ease, while we struggle to hit back to back targets, more often than not kicking to opposition advantage.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

boncer34 wrote:Stanton can't win.

Poor bastard gets knocked for not being defensive and now he's being knocked for being too defensive.
Indeed.

It is not as if the team and he are not trying their guts out. It is not our time ATM.....what goes around comes around.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:Stanton can't win.

Not at all. The clanger king was at it again. Also loved his involvement in a flow of run through the middle where he turned it into a hesitant turnover. Loved the way he sat off contests when he should have got involved.

Used to defend this bloke to the hilt. Won't stomach these sorts of efforts anymore. Seriously, what does he ever contribute to the scoreline (for us)? He runs. WOW. If his run doesn't actually result in goals from himself OR opportunities for others, then he can keep on running like Forrest Gump across the desert and into oblivion.

He is the true definition of what the Ess v NM games are about - marshmallow.
Essendunny