Is Hird overseeing...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
mdso
Club Captain

Re: Is Hird overseeing...

Post by mdso »

h
ZeroEffect wrote:
rockhole wrote:We have spent the whole season to date getting games into JD. It is now apparent that we will not get a return on this investment for at least another year. Which begs the question, do we still keep pumping games into him with an expected minimal return, or try something different. Joey is not solely to blame for the completely dysfunctional forward line, but he is a contributor.

Something has to change and for the sake of the next few games and the collective sanity of the supporters, let's try Hooksey up forward or at least someone who can take a pack mark. Let's try Goodard permanently forward as well. Licha should be ready for the Dawks so bang him up there as well. Why not even Pears as another marking forward. The guy has languished either on the injured list or in the twos it seems forever, So why not give him a couple of games and see how he goes. The season is basically f***** so how about a bit of thinking from left field at least to give us a reason to turn up.
JD is about the only good thing about our forward line this year. He gets a free pass because he is a young player and as a tall will take that extra time to develop.

Hooker up forward is stupid, he is a traditional defender.
Goddard could work and did so at times last season.
Licha has been playing in the backline in the 2's. A strange decision considering our lack of experience up forward at the moment. So we can't go there yet.
Pears is shot, playing at full forward I think he might of kicked an aggregate of 2 goals in the last couple of weeks when we have won by 15 goals.

I would swap Carlisle and Hurley again. I know Hurley is in the form of his career playing in defence but Carlisle seems lost up forward and he is just as good as a defender. Hurley is a solid forward with experience in that part of the ground and who knows he could be even better now. I would also drop Ambrose for McKernan. Ambroses 5 goals in half a season for a tall forward is pathetic. McKernan can pinch hit in the ruck too as a relief for Bellchambers/Giles. The final piece of the puzzle is to drop Melksham for anyone. Has had a month of good footy in over 100 games. He makes our team worse.
Why would we want to put Hurley up forward? Every time he plays forward he gets injured. You would only consider doing that if we had a chance of making top six and we don't. For some unknown reason , Melksham does not get dropped very much or nowhere as often as he ought to compared to others in the team, how come? Pears up forward in the AFL, why? He is accident prone AND he is the proto type of the Gumby model. I do agree its probably his last year. Sad but true. I agree Goddard can play up forward and he might do something good like kick some goals, rather than running everywhere madly pointing in the air at everyone. Licca loved him as a player when he was playing. His body doesn't stand up to the rigours of football today. I seriously hope he doesn't get badly injured again in his last, last year.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: Is Hird overseeing...

Post by little_ripper »

got to have us playing better footy against the dawks after the bye.

even if beaten badly, just having a red hot go trying too play good footy.