Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Hird goone (f*** off c*** mkII)

Post by billyduckworth »

Megan wrote:So angry I can't brain. f*** this. f*** Little. f*** the media. f*** everything.

(there's your admin, folks [-X )
I feel like that too, Megan. Just don't know what to say.

From the club's point of view (why am I even saying that???), this is a better result than sacking Hird (which would have angered a lot of supporters) or sticking with him regardless of on field results (which probably would have also angered many).

But from my own personal point of view, it's just shit (and those of you who have known me on this site for years will know that I very seldom swear).

It just feels like the bullies have won.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

billyduckworth wrote:
Megan wrote:So angry I can't brain. f*** this. f*** Little. f*** the media. f*** everything.

(there's your admin, folks [-X )
I feel like that too, Megan. Just don't know what to say.

this is a better result than sacking Hird
As if that is not exactly what has occured? Come on.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I know what you mean. In the end, what is the difference between being pushed or jumping?

I guess I was just trying to find something ever so slightly positive about the whole disaster.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I hope what I'm hearing is a load of codswaddle.

Coz otherwise we're about to finally have our exodus.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote:I hope what I'm hearing is a load of codswaddle.

Spill, c***.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Like the whole saga, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I have more respect for Hird now than before. As he has always done throughout this whole sorry mess, he stood front and centre and put every player ahead of his own ambitions.
Was he part of the problem, yes, was he part of the solution yes, was his resigning that solution, OF COURSE IT f****** WASN'T!!!
Yes, he offered to resign if the board felt it was in the club's best interest, and with results on field going as they were, I don't think they were ever going to be strong in backing Hirdy in...
Ergo, the board and administration is full of gutless c**** with the spinal strength of a jellyfish.

I will always support EFC and the players (well most of them anyway)...however, the administration (and more so the board) can GAGF!!!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gimps wrote:

Spill, c***.
What the Age hasn't printed it for you yet? :lol:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Spill, c***.
Get your hand off it and spill..
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gimps wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Spill, c***.
Not much to spill.

Several, well slightly more then several, players have said or indicated they want out today. However being that today was so emotionally charged I think give it a week or so and views might be different.

People need to remember Hird hasn't lost the players, the majority wanted him to continue.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Spill, c***.
Not much to spill.

Several, well slightly more then several, players have said or indicated they want out today. However being that today was so emotionally charged I think give it a week or so and views might be different.

People need to remember Hird hasn't lost the players, the majority wanted him to continue.
Another factor will be that the majority of our current list wouldn't get a game elsewhere.
If true and applicable to the few players we have who would get a go elsewhere, you can't blame them. It's shit enough being a supporter, and now that the dam has broken and we've given up on the coach, what's the point in trying to all stick together? You do what is best for yourself.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

What a disappointing day, hopefully the board decide to resign as they have all been terrible.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

And look I'm furious because on Saturday night over a couple of beers I was talking to a AFL journo who mentioned that the word from the AFL had come down to go as hard as possible at Hird because they wanted to "finally get their man." The players wanted Hird, in his heart Hird wanted to stay, but the board thought the media spotlight was to bright and made a case to James that if he goes the light diminishes.

Which for me is absurd because WADA is still there, but meh you watch the AFL media ease up.

It's an orchestrated sacking from the AFL and another example of our club bending over and taking it up the f****** ass.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I think all players would have discussed many scenarios with their managers. It would be prudent to review your options if you were a player at EFC.

Carlisle is clearly on the cusp of leaving - to get him back would be a great confidence building coup for he club - but alas, I can't realistically see this happening. The issue will be about others (players we want to keep) wanting the Ryder rider - because other than Carlisle, there's no one else out of contract worth resigning.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

As I said elsewhere, any player that wants out after 3 years of this bullshit should be afforded the opportunity to do so either by trading, delisting or retirement (for a select few)...
Trade aggressively, cut hard and go from there...

IMO:
Fletch and Watson have earned the right to make their own call.
Heppel, Hurley, Hooker are non-negotiable unless they ask for a trade.
Colyer, Edwards, Langford, Laverde, McKenna (IMO to be upgraded to senior list) should be retained.

For pretty much all other players, the incoming coach should have free licence to trade or delist as desired with no input from the board in anyway shape or form...
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

robrulz5 wrote:What a disappointing day, hopefully the board decide to resign as they have all been terrible.
Rather than dealing in hyperbole, give me specific examples where Paul Little has been "terrible"?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

gringo wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:What a disappointing day, hopefully the board decide to resign as they have all been terrible.
Rather than dealing in hyperbole, give me specific examples where Paul Little has been "terrible"?
You mean aside from caving into the AFL at nearly every turn?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Crazyman wrote:
gringo wrote:
You mean aside from caving into the AFL at nearly every turn?
Along with pretending not to on occasion and then changing his mind and just bending over again
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

gringo wrote:
Aside from the constant mixed messages, seemingly switching sides on many occasions?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

boncer34 wrote:And look I'm furious because on Saturday night over a couple of beers I was talking to a AFL journo who mentioned that the word from the AFL had come down to go as hard as possible at Hird because they wanted to "finally get their man." The players wanted Hird, in his heart Hird wanted to stay, but the board thought the media spotlight was to bright and made a case to James that if he goes the light diminishes.

Which for me is absurd because WADA is still there, but meh you watch the AFL media ease up.

It's an orchestrated sacking from the AFL and another example of our club bending over and taking it up the f****** ass.
If the players wanted Hird, they would have played for him. They didn't.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:
gringo wrote:
Aside from the constant mixed messages, seemingly switching sides on many occasions?
Note the word "specific" in my request.