Brownlow- Jobe hands it back

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Brownlow- Jobe hands it back

Post by Sismis »

AFL can get f*****.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

What a fkng shambolic organisation the AFL is.

I know it`s not Cotchins fault, or that little 'sniper' Mitchells` fault, but the fact remains that Jobe has lost the most coveted 'individual' prize in the competition because they THINK he may have cheated.

Why would you want to be known as the 2nd best player/s in the comp?. Which is all Cotchin and Mitchell can ever claim to be.
Last edited by desmondo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Thanks very much, David Evans.
Essendunny
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:Thanks very much, David Evans.
Exactly, the only person who got to walk away completely unscathed by the AFL, the alfmedia and the EFC. To my knowledge he hasn't been interviewed by ASADA or the AFL.

Then again, I don't suppose you need to be when you have inside running! Favours for favours.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

mdso wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Thanks very much, David Evans.
Exactly, the only person who got to walk away completely unscathed by the AFL, the alfmedia and the EFC. To my knowledge he hasn't been interviewed by ASADA or the AFL.

Then again, I don't suppose you need to be when you have inside running! Favours for favours.
9.8M debt. What a legacy to keave behind...
Essendunny
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

f*** off bartlett & that South Aust. goose Michaelangelo Rucci, both have said Jobe now should be removed from the All Australian side for 2012 since he gave up his Brownlow. Yet they fail to recognise that Grant & McKernan were selected in their respective All Australian sides when they were ineligible for the Brownlow.

Gee these carnts won't give up, putting the boots into Jobe & Essendon at every opportunity. How much more blood do these pricks want?

While I'm at it, piss off "sniper" mitchell & "dickless" crutchin , saying it is a "joyful" experience to "win??" the Medal & saying they have no plans to contact Watson to offer any condolences. Seems like they were dancing on his grave. Curse on their medals & their teams next year.

I'm sick & tired of all this negativity towards Essendon & Jobe in particular yet not a peep from those in power at Essendon in defence of these continued attacks. I sincerely hope Jobe gets the opportunity, very soon, to raise a premiership cup with his Norm Smith & premiership medal's hanging around his neck & stick it up everyone who is having a crack at us. Who needs a Brownlow anyway, with a premiership with his team mates & fans.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Ronny Rotten wrote:
I'm sick & tired of all this negativity towards Essendon & Jobe in particular yet not a peep from those in power at Essendon in defence of these continued attacks. I sincerely hope Jobe gets the opportunity, very soon, to raise a premiership cup with his Norm Smith & premiership medal's hanging around his neck & stick it up everyone who is having a crack at us. Who needs a Brownlow anyway, with a premiership with his team mates & fans.
if there were any justice that would be the case. ive never heard of such penalties when there is no proof a player cheated. its unheard of.

heres hoping the team just clicks unders wooshas system now that the cavalry has returned. good run on the injury front and a little luck. First time I have really liked the look of the list since 2001. Stranger things have happened.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Only a Premiership will right the wrongs

If this club is not motivated to walk over hot coals for Jobe - then nothing will ever motivate them

We have the squad and assuming the returning players can adapt back into AFL footy without any problems, I can see us taking on any side with confidence

Cold, hard assed bastards - that's how I want this team to be perceived. I fear for anyone playing on Michael Hurley in the coming year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Are we going to strip the captaincy off him?
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:Are we going to strip the captaincy off him?
Better f****** not...he has earnt the right to choose if he wants to or not...
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

DC2 wrote:
Ronny Rotten wrote:
if there were any justice that would be the case. ive never heard of such penalties when there is no proof a player cheated. its unheard of.

heres hoping the team just clicks unders wooshas system now that the cavalry has returned. good run on the injury front and a little luck. First time I have really liked the look of the list since 2001. Stranger things have happened.
Doing this was about the AFL, not about Jobe, he was the unjust means to bring it about. It was a way for the AFL to ensure favour with both ASADA and WADA. I believe that Gillon has delusions about the Australian Football Game going viral internationally. Look at the way the game is going under his watch. Women's AFL and games now being played outside Australia and a new game for the community called AFLX which is being advertised on t.v. now. Sort of like his legacy.
Last edited by mdso on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

mdso wrote:
DC2 wrote:
Ronny Rotten wrote:

Doing this was about the AFL, not about Jobe he was the unjust means to bring it about. It was a way for the AFL to ensure favour with both ASADA and WADA. I believe that Gillon has delusions about the Australian Football Game going viral internationally. Look at the way the game is going under his watch. Women's AFL and games now being played outside Australia and a new game for the community called AFLX which is being advertised on t.v. now. Sort of like his legacy.
I`m thinking that the Demetriou/McLachlin tenures will go down in history as the greatest f***-ups our game has ever known.

Just hoping ALL the truth comes out. :)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Doesn't want it.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

I have never seen so many pages in the sun devoted of any other winner of the Brownlow Medal than Cotchin and Mitchell. Maybe its me, but its like, the media are thrusting Jobe's Brownlow loss down our throats. This is the next saga from the last saga.

Jobe is stronger than any of us know. I hope the team gathers around him, Captaincy or not, and plays together this year like NO other Essendon team have ever played before. This new kind of footy the Bulldogs play is kind of fast crash'em and bash'em type of footy. Actually, AFL is getting more and more like rugby with the scrums stacks on the mill. I hope we can wipe the bloody smiles off their faces with our determination, gutsy never give up attitude and any booing from the crowd becomes fodder for our boys to eat up the opposition.

I think I need a punching bag!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

desmondo wrote:
mdso wrote:
DC2 wrote:
Ronny Rotten wrote:

Doing this was about the AFL, not about Jobe he was the unjust means to bring it about. It was a way for the AFL to ensure favour with both ASADA and WADA. I believe that Gillon has delusions about the Australian Football Game going viral internationally. Look at the way the game is going under his watch. Women's AFL and games now being played outside Australia and a new game for the community called AFLX which is being advertised on t.v. now. Sort of like his legacy.
I`m thinking that the Demetriou/McLachlin tenures will go down in history as the greatest f***-ups our game has ever known.

Just hoping ALL the truth comes out. :)
It won't. Gilligan will (eventually) ride off into the sunset with the media sucking his dick.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

boncer34 wrote:
Doesn't want it.
Really?

I'd go with Goddard again this year then. Continuity, he was good this year and just let the returning players concentrate of playing.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

j-mac31 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Doesn't want it.
Really?

I'd go with Goddard again this year then. Continuity, he was good this year and just let the returning players concentrate of playing.
Has asked to not do media commitments.

Can't be captain and not front the media.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Heppell is a lock.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Word is and I don't know how accurate this is, Jobe doesn't want the Captaincy. He handed that back too. I hope he plays like he has never played before this year and the umpires notice him
enough to give him 3 votes in enough games to win and give his retirement speech on receipt of the medal.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

boncer34 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Doesn't want it.
Really?

Has asked to not do media commitments.

Can't be captain and not front the media.
Fair enough.

I won't be disappointed if it is Heppell (opposite in fact).