Kerr

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

j-mac wrote:I agree with Rosso.

If he wanted to avoid contact I'm sure he could have changed direction or maybe even jumped over Bruce.

He had plenty of time to change his mind and tackle and he paid the price.
Rubbish.

He was aiming to bump him off balance, once he was on the way back up after collecting the ball. No point in tackling, because he wouldnt have had prior opportunity anyway, so he's obviously decided to try to bump him and have the ball spill free. A legitimate decision at the time. Bruce fumbled and kept his head over the ball for a second too long and you could see Kerr try to avoid the contact.

If you can seriously say that he would have changed direction in half a second, or laughably, say that he could have jumped over Bruce, then you genuinely know nothing about football. He only had about half a second - not enough time to do either of those things - but he did try to minimise the contact, and that's all he could do.

Note, I do understand why he got suspended, I really do. But he was very, very stiff.